Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 8,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsum View Post
So just got feedback from recruiter that they thought I'm a good fit for AMZN, but didn't think the role was right for me and they are going to pass my resume along to other managers...any thoughts, is this likely to workout? will I need to go through long interview process again?

batsum how was your interview? Did you end up getting many technical questions and case studies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 03:03 PM

6 posts, read 24,610 times
Interview was good, it was total of 6 interviews (including a lunch interview which was more informal). very few technical questions (can't remember any), but really wanted to talk through your past experiences and how you went about addressing uncertainty/challenges with others/hypothetical scenarios? don't want to sound like a broken record but know the principles and how it relates with your past experiences and/or how you may do things differently in the future...definitely not like a consulting case interview.

I followed up with recruiter again and the feedback for now is that I am on their radar and they are looking for other roles for me and they got "very positive feedback" from the team.....so guess I'm in wait mode, but overall I'm happy irregardless if I work for the company....sometimes things just don't work out, but at least one gets confidence in their capabilities (maybe I'm just patting myself on the back but I do find it a confidence booster)

best of luck to everyone!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:38 AM

2 posts, read 11,945 times
I guess I am not that lucky... submitted my application one month ago, the recruiter sent me an automatic mail asking me to attend a numerical test, and so I did (I think it went pretty well). Since then they never came back to me with any feedback, while the online status is stuck on "testing" ever since the test. Tried to get in touch with the recruiter with no response, meanwhile the position is no longer listed on the website, which I don't know if it's a good or a bad sign. Guess they just didn't bother to inform me that I was rejected, it is very frustrating to be in the "limbo" for so long and most likely waiting in vain

Old 05-04-2016, 08:48 AM

6 posts, read 13,428 times
Seems as if we're in the homestretch and hope to know something soon! Here has been our progress:
*employee referral for two positions (late March/early April)
*recruiter touch base and then phone interview with hiring manager for position 1
*contacted next day to set up phone interview for position 2 (interview was next day)
*contacted a couple of days later for another phone interview with position 1
*contacted a few days later for another phone interview for position 2
*phone interview for position 2 was canceled as they said they'd just prefer to fly him in for onsite
*onsite was one week ago and seemed to go well; recruiting coordinator sent him a nice follow up email that night about being nice meeting him, learning about his experience, etc with a quick link to something about what's it's like working at Amazon, benefits, etc. She said if we didn't hear anything from them in a week, to contact them for an update
*At one week mark, sent expense report email and also (as requested) asked if there was any update. The recruiter responded promptly that they appreciated his patience and that the team was working on some things and she hoped to have an answer very soon.

So for those that know the process - positive? Negative? What are your thoughts? It's so hard not to over analyze but anxious to know
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Kimrob122397; 05-04-2016 at 09:08 AM..

Old 05-06-2016, 11:12 AM

52 posts, read 236,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymunch View Post
Assuming this is common (though still frustrating): friend was contacted by a recruiter and passed the assessment/initial questionnaire. The recruiter said another recruiter would reach out for a phone interview and to please respond immediately. It's been a month with no contact from 2nd recruiter. My friend emailed the initial recruiter and they just said they will reach out and set it up. It's been 3 weeks since that email...from what I've read here it's not surprising but geez.
Just to follow up since I noticed this thread tends to get a lot of questions but not a lot of answers/closure - my friend got the job. I forget who said it but they were correct that the initial job was already closed so that was why there was radio silence for a while. After following up, they said they could interview for a similar open position though. From that point it was like 2 weeks from phone screen and onsite to offer, which was just a few days after the onsite (no follow up needed, they rang as soon as they had the decision I think it was 48 hours later). Hope that helps folks with one more experience!

Old 05-06-2016, 08:01 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Hey, any former Amazon peeps can answer a question for me?

My husband was hired less than a year ago for a senior technical role. He was given a cash bonus that's being paid out over 12 months. He has really loved his time with the company, but he's being offered a ridiculously amazing offer from overseas and it could be too good to pass up. We know that we'd have to pay back the previous month's bonus... my husband seems to believe that we'll actually have to give them money, but I told him what we're more likely to expect is a normal pay check - 2x cash bonus. He also doesn't know how the vacation hours work. If memory doesn't fail me I believe we saw a little extra in the last check for unused vacation when he quit Microsoft, but it's all getting fuzzy in my head.

Can anyone answer these questions?

Old 05-09-2016, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 8,178 times
I went through the phone and on-site interviews and just received notice that they'd like for me to speak "with one more interviewer"

Any ideas on what this is about? I can't find any evidence online (ha) of anyone having an additional interview.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:11 PM

7 posts, read 35,845 times
Hey Guys,

I have an onsite interview in 8 days for transportation analyst position, But before that I was asked to give dates for pre-interview prep call. What is this prep call like ? Can anyone please help me understand this.

Thank you

Old 05-11-2016, 01:00 PM

52 posts, read 236,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marepa View Post
Hey Guys,

I have an onsite interview in 8 days for transportation analyst position, But before that I was asked to give dates for pre-interview prep call. What is this prep call like ? Can anyone please help me understand this.

Thank you
From what I understand, it's just that - a prep for the onsite. Like telling you about what to expect day of, types of questions to prepare for, dress code, and I think asking about any other offers you have, salary range etc. YMMV but that was one experience I know of.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:29 PM

2 posts, read 18,939 times
Default Another Amazon "Q"

Sorry - I know everyone says the amazon jobs site is not up to date, but mine has been changing and I have a couple of questions...

Job ZZZ Accepted - In Progress

For the longest time Job ZZZ said "Submitted - Under Review" (which means nothing), then about a month ago it went into "Hidden Status". I checked today for the first time in about a week and a half and it now says "Accepted - In Progress".

So should I expect a phone call? I am interviewing at other places, but this job is the one I'd really LOVE to have... Any ideas???

Oh, everyone talks about a recruiter ??? I have never had anyone talk to me from Amazon...

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area