Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:49 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,064,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
I guess the wealth of the owner of a company is about the last concern when a Walmart shopper decides where to shop.

Maybe we should just buy from the poor street vendors.
We have business owners in our area who reside in very expensive luxury homes . . I agree with you snowmountains, there is no way we should ever shop in their stores!

The thought of spending money in an establishment wherein the owner(s) reap a profit is so disgusting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 10:12 AM

15,427 posts, read 9,113,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Um, have to wonder if it's the area you reside in that's the issue because of the many Walmart stores in our area we've never come across a Walmart employee that appears [I]noticeably less happy than other retail employees[/i]. We are always greeted friendly at the front of the store by an employee; employees throughout the store are friendly; and those at the check-out stands are also cordial.
I have never seen a friendly Walmart employee, but if you do it was probably because there was a manager standing there telling them they will be fired if they didn't act friendly. How many stories do we have to read about Walmart illegally firing long time disabled employees because of their disabilities? If that isn't a sign that Walmart treats their employees like crap, I don't know what is. Walmart doesn't even care about getting sued when it comes to screwing over their employees.

EEOC Sues Walmart for Discriminating Against Employee with Intellectual Disability
Retail Giant Refused to Make a Simple Accommodation for a Longtime Employee, Federal Agency Charges

Old 08-16-2017, 12:38 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,616,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I have never seen a friendly Walmart employee, but if you do it was probably because there was a manager standing there telling them they will be fired if they didn't act friendly. How many stories do we have to read about Walmart illegally firing long time disabled employees because of their disabilities? If that isn't a sign that Walmart treats their employees like crap, I don't know what is. Walmart doesn't even care about getting sued when it comes to screwing over their employees.
Come visit my store: you'll see a bunch.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:54 PM

7,655 posts, read 8,729,058 times
Quote:
We have business owners in our area who reside in very expensive luxury homes . . I agree with you snowmountains, there is no way we should ever shop in their stores!

The thought of spending money in an establishment wherein the owner(s) reap a profit is so disgusting!
I used to be a better person, frequently shopping at the crappy 99-cents store.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:40 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,653,490 times
I just ordered and was delivered two boxes of Sweet n Low - 1500 ct ea because Costco quit carrying it.

Two day delivery.

Very pleased.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Well, have not seen any managers lingering around employees to ensure they smile and are cordial.

And am very sorry that wherever you live you've never seen a friendly Walmart employee. . . maybe it's normal in your area that people aren't friendly in any venue.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,916,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Come visit my store: you'll see a bunch.

I was thinking the same thing!

Old 08-16-2017, 10:35 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,916,437 times
Quote:
Well, have not seen any managers lingering around employees to ensure they smile and are cordial.

And am very sorry that wherever you live you've never seen a friendly Walmart employee. . . maybe it's normal in your area that people aren't friendly in any venue.

Managers hanging around employees?? That's a laugh. It's even hard to find a CSM sometimes let alone an actual manager.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:53 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,224,215 times
Quote:
Several weeks ago our area had a major power outage that lasted for more than 48 hours in some areas. . . our Walmart stores NEVER lost power (used generators); yet one of the well known chain grocery stores lost their electricity and had to throw out all perishable items. . . .so I guess that means I should never shop at the store that had to dispose of spoiled foods?

On the contrary. It shows Walmart is willing to lose vast amounts of money and will go overboard to ensure the safety of their customers ( and insure against potential lawsuits

Old 08-17-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:

EEOC Sues Walmart for Discriminating Against Employee with Intellectual Disability
Retail Giant Refused to Make a Simple Accommodation for a Longtime Employee, Federal Agency Charges
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Managers hanging around employees?? That's a laugh. It's even hard to find a CSM sometimes let alone an actual manager.
Yes, there are managers in the stores who are very visible (not hiding out somewhere).

However, if you detest Walmart so much am surprised you shop there enough to be able to claim there are no managers in sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products