Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:38 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,499 times

Advertisements

For all the coverage this story had gotten the media (CNN, FOX, NBC) continues to follow the narrative they want the story to go regardless of new information in either direction. It's irresponsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 11:41 PM

317 posts, read 328,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
For all the coverage this story had gotten the media (CNN, FOX, NBC) continues to follow the narrative they want the story to go regardless of new information in either direction. It's irresponsible.
It sure is irresponsible and it's also irresponsible for people to allow themselves to being puppets. People should know by now they need to think for themselves instead of being media puppets.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:28 AM

268 posts, read 344,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachgoer44 View Post
Very well said! This post is spot on!

the poor africans,asians and indians are back in those countries the middle class and well off emigrate here, and those africans would not be here if not for american blacks and MKL jr because white folks will screw them over in a flash too, they are not exempt from white racism

Old 08-20-2014, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlFalls56649 View Post
All I can say is what I've witnessed through the media. At the beginning of this incident, I was upset over the shooting of an unarmed person. But after seeing 'community members' running out of stores with a case of beer on each shoulder, or expensive electronics, even big cases of toilet paper or food items, it dawned on me that these people don't give a flying you know what about this kid. They want free stuff because they believe they're entitled to it. And they feel they're entitled to YOUR stuff too, never mind the fact that you worked for it. They feel you owe them. This generational sense of entitlement, arrogance ('how dare you demand I work and pay full rent!') and irresponsibility - over and over I see these incidents with police from these kids whose parents have done a rotten job. They have children with partners who will never stick around long enough to even know the woman was pregnant. Then the kids grow up angry and feeling entitled and that society should take care of them. Up here the new welfare is SSI/Disability and these people who refuse to work are absolutely genius when it comes to faking a mental disability. This is the reason they're protesting: nobody expects anything from them. They have no job, school or responsibility to wake up for. They don't know or care about what a future criminal record will look like in terms of housing or employment possibilities. They know someone (us) will take care of them no matter what. They don't care about their credit score ruined from all the rental properties they and their kids destroy. They can always get emergency housing somewhere. America won't let them starve on the streets. Especially with kids. And they really know this.

Nobody has ever held these people accountable for these lifestyles they've chosen. It is next to impossible to terminate their parental rights when it's clear they are neglecting their kids - that's their meal ticket. They don't want them, but don't you dare take them away.

I guess after seeing this personally over the years I've gotten to the point where I just don't care about people like these protesters. Because they don't care either. If they want to pretend like they're living in a war zone in the Middle East that's fine. My country's military, which is one of the most skilled and qualified on earth, will gladly step into Ferguson and deal with people who think they're above the police, who think it's okay to steal from and harm anyone who gets in their way, and thinks that rules only apply to white people. I'm hoping the military shuts them up quickly. In the meantime, I urge people to stop clicking on Ferguson stories online because all that does is grant ratings and rev these people up so they can be on tv. And hopefully CNN will get rid of that nasty, bitter black attorney lady (Mo or whatever her name is - a real battleaxe of a woman) and start focusing on national and world issues rather than this circus.

i live in metro seattle 3% black here and see white folks doing everythingand i mean every freaking thing you crying blacks do killing, selling dope ,raping and killing kids, on welfare, breaking in cars etc.you more worried about some crap from the dollar store. shove that military bs you talking, i am a veteran and know they got a ton of crooked rednecks in there too and the police depts are full of those goons. plus the cops here have messed over a ton of unarmed folks here too and paying out lawsuits for and under federal watch now

Old 08-20-2014, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
Disabled girl raped by up to 25 black males.

Disabled Ga. Girl Gang-Raped - ABC News

what does this mess have to do with ferguson ????they going to jail white folks will not let them walk so what is your issue? you fascinated about black male sexuality i think

Old 08-20-2014, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
If I was there I wouldn't go outside and join the protest, too big of a chance that violence from either the police or bad people would get me.

These protest do absolutely zero to get justice. Stay at home sit back and wait for all the evidence to come in.

It seems like some of these people in Ferguson believe that the cops in their town get together and wear KKK hoods and conspire to harm black people.

Relax people of Ferguson the police aren't out to hurt you.. You won't be hurt by the cops if you don't do anything wrong.

If you're a law abiding black person and you don't fight or charge at the cops then you have nothing to worry about.

you are a GD lie you are targeted by the neighborhood PD's in stl county if you black and all blacks there know it

Old 08-20-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeable View Post
Who says it isn't? As an Asian American, I've had more racist invective yelled at me by AAs then Caucasians.

If Brown is the same guy in the surveillance video as is the guy who got shot...and IF the cop really did have injuries sustained in a struggle...maybe excessive force, but there is certainly more justification.

And I really don't think an accessory to robbery is a very credible eyewitness.

blacks know you guys kiss up to the whites and are just as racist,where folks from overseas come here and see the racist bs they hurry and try to align with whites so they do not get hosed over like the blacks

Old 08-20-2014, 06:42 AM

854 posts, read 1,141,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
i live in metro seattle 3% black here and see white folks doing everythingand i mean every freaking thing you crying blacks do killing, selling dope ,raping and killing kids, on welfare, breaking in cars etc.you more worried about some crap from the dollar store. shove that military bs you talking, i am a veteran and know they got a ton of crooked rednecks in there too and the police depts are full of those goons. plus the cops here have messed over a ton of unarmed folks here too and paying out lawsuits for and under federal watch now
People who only have interactions with other whites are to blind to see what is really going on in America. That or they are just closet racists themselves and had convicted Mr. Brown before they even got all the facts.

Last edited by bad apples; 08-20-2014 at 06:52 AM..

Old 08-20-2014, 06:57 AM

569 posts, read 1,443,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
blacks know you guys kiss up to the whites and are just as racist,where folks from overseas come here and see the racist bs they hurry and try to align with whites so they do not get hosed over like the blacks
Uhmm, no. We (Asians-Americans) don't kiss up to anyone. We just behave like law abiding citizens, work hard, and learn to speak proper English even though it's not our first language. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from us.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:05 AM

569 posts, read 1,443,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
I have come to the conclusion that there are indeed several racists within this thread. Letting us know we are ignorant for not blaming all crime committed in this country on African Americans.
Stating a fact does not make someone racist.

For example the statement, "While whites commit the majority of total crimes, blacks commit crimes at a rate disproportionate to their population" is not a racist statement. It's backed up by fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis