Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
First off, was anyone injured or killed?

Second off, this is going to be a disaster for North County and the region as a whole. Prepare for a NoCo exodus. North City is bad and now it's going to spread. This is horrible for our reputation nationwide as a metro area.

The exodus began decades ago and hasn't really stopped - but this will probably add some urgency to it for some who remained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
P.S. Some people caught up in the riots were injured (non life threatening from what I hear), along with two police officers.
Honestly, it's fortunate no one was killed during the looting and rioting. The civilian in the taco bell was beaten, the two post dispatch photographers were assaulted, and I heard two different cops interviewed who claimed they heard bullets whizzing by them at different times and a police helicopter was reportedly shot at as well.

I heard this photographer on the radio this morning telling his story about last night:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...14f1910aa.html

Old 08-11-2014, 06:08 PM

268 posts, read 344,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The exodus began decades ago and hasn't really stopped - but this will probably add some urgency to it for some who remained.

acting like some of the biggest kkk in america has not helped metro stl either

Old 08-11-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I jokingly said to my husband, "Well, the next thing will be loud-mouthed Al Sharpton showing up to cause more commotion, instead of allowing locals to deal with this." Guess it wasn't a joke...

when your folks going to put him out of business there is always some jim crow mess going on that folks want people to accept like we still in 1930 alabama

Old 08-11-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
acting like some of the biggest kkk in america has not helped metro stl either
Haven't seen many people in white sheets. The only people I see covering their faces are the looters. The communists are apparently out in force though:

https://twitter.com/valeriehahn/stat...627456/photo/1

Old 08-11-2014, 06:40 PM

Sounds like some stuff is happening at the Galleria Mall:

Police respond to St. Louis Galleria following 'multiple incidents' | KMOV.com St. Louis

Not sure if it has anything to do with last night - I know they've had a few incidents there over the years.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Haven't seen many people in white sheets. The only people I see covering their faces are the looters. The communists are apparently out in force though:

https://twitter.com/valeriehahn/stat...627456/photo/1

you do not have to wear sheets to have the same mentality and you know it

Old 08-11-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
What about the young families, mine included, that moved to the area to try and make it work?

stop being slient when when some clearly raciaL, MESS GOES DOWN like the trayvon martin mess.afro americans have been convicted for killing folks who started mess with them in minnesota and seattle but zimmermann walks .way too many folks are quiet when they know the mess is wrong

Old 08-11-2014, 07:20 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,749,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
you do not have to wear sheets to have the same mentality and you know it
I'm sorry, but it's just kinda hard to take these people seriously when they behave like this. If a white person had struggled with a police officer for his gun and then got shot multiple times most people would have said, "what an idiot. He had it coming. Darwin awards." But when it's a black person all of a sudden that means it's indicative of racism and police brutality? And then that gives the community an excuse to riot, loot, and burn as they please? And now they're opportunistically attacking the Galleria Mall!?

Give me a break.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:38 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
I'm sorry, but it's just kinda hard to take these people seriously when they behave like this. If a white person had struggled with a police officer for his gun and then got shot multiple times most people would have said, "what an idiot. He had it coming. Darwin awards." But when it's a black person all of a sudden that means it's indicative of racism and police brutality? And then that gives the community an excuse to riot, loot, and burn as they please? And now they're opportunistically attacking the Galleria Mall!?

Give me a break.
You don't know if that's what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis