Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:47 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times

Advertisements

I left Bright House for Verizon. Best switch ever. Moved with my girlfriend and ended on Bright House again. I hated it then, I hate it now. Spotty internet, cable that works half the time, no solutions, but you get free movie channels for not getting the service you paid for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 22,327 times
Verizon or Brighthouse... that's been the question lately for us. We are planning to move to a place in Apollo Beach where Verizon Fios is prewired. We've had Brighthouse for many years, both in Citrus County and in Tampa, with some but none major, problems. What shall I do, pay extra to BH to set us up in the new house, or just take Verizon Fios because it's prewired? Input will be appreciated!
Blessings to you all.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 PM

792 posts, read 2,293,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I left Bright House for Verizon. Best switch ever. Moved with my girlfriend and ended on Bright House again. I hated it then, I hate it now. Spotty internet, cable that works half the time, no solutions, but you get free movie channels for not getting the service you paid for.

Ha! so your the lucky one.

Here's what you do. Ask anyone who has lived here a few years, which they have tried and which they prefer.

Your answer will be very simple.

Brighthouse.

I know at least 5 people personally who have had horrible experiences with Verizon. From billing problems, to connection problems, to technical support problems......you name it.

Brighthouse isn't perfect either, but certainly better than the alternative.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:43 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,522 times
It's simple. Verizon for better picture. Brighthouse for everything else.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Ha! so your the lucky one.

Here's what you do. Ask anyone who has lived here a few years, which they have tried and which they prefer.

Your answer will be very simple.

Brighthouse.

I know at least 5 people personally who have had horrible experiences with Verizon. From billing problems, to connection problems, to technical support problems......you name it.

Brighthouse isn't perfect either, but certainly better than the alternative.
I've lived here my entire life.

Verizon is the better company.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 AM

5,025 posts, read 7,230,264 times
I think the problem lies with Brighthouse's equipment-I get the pixilation and the choppy audio, but the rest of my friends who have Brigthouse don't. Also, my box has to be re-set every couple of days. That being said, I would never have service with Verizon, but it's more of a personal thing from when I used them for a land-line.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:08 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times
Ohhhhhh how I cannot wait to longer pay $69.99/mo for 3MBS/1MBS and a limit of 20GB per month. And thats for Internet only. I use Dishnetwork, LOVE IT!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,885 times
We had the Brighthouse cable/internet/phone package initially. Our cable service was so poor, it would just black out constantly, either the channels or the box. They came out constantly but rarely was anything fixed. I wasted SO much time either calling them, or waiting for them at our house. Few months later we switched to Verizon Fios and have never, ever had one problem with our cable (or phone/internet for that matter).

Old 02-06-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
We had the Brighthouse cable/internet/phone package initially. Our cable service was so poor, it would just black out constantly, either the channels or the box. They came out constantly but rarely was anything fixed. I wasted SO much time either calling them, or waiting for them at our house. Few months later we switched to Verizon Fios and have never, ever had one problem with our cable (or phone/internet for that matter).
Same story here. They also offered free movie channels to make up for it, then charged us for them on the next bill. More calling and complaining, more blacked out service, more internet problems. I can't wait to go back to Verizon.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,509 times
Default Brighthouse difficulties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peaches~ View Post
We choose Brighthouse due to the price, now I am completly unsatisfied with their service Keep in mind, not their customer service, but the service itself.

We have lived in W.Bradenton for 4 months, I have called them out to my home over 3 times. My internet will be slow or at time not even work properly, my cable box will mess up atleast once a week, and at times my phone will not even work! Since I run a buisness out of my home, this is completely unacceptable.

I am thinking of switching to Verizon, what are your thoughts?

I have had difficulties with overnight taping (blue panel comes up asking if
I want to continue watching the channel).
They gave me a new converter box, now I lose signal even in the daytime
when I shut off the tv to tape.
Only solution is leaving the plasma on while taping (can't do that!!).
I'd appreciate any help with this. Can't see going back to Direct TV!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay