Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:30 PM

794 posts, read 1,861,632 times

Advertisements

Verizon FiOs here....rock solid on phone, TV, and Internet. I chose to have 35mbs download speeds!! Whoa, that's fast.

Also, I like the fact you can have HD/DVR boxes in some rooms ,and regular boxes in other rooms and in the other non-DVR rooms, you can view the saved programs off of the DVR boxes.

Also, FioS has widgets for Twitter, Facebook, Games, etc. You can even program your Faviorites from their Website using your computer for each cable box!!!!

Cool Stuff
Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 01:01 PM

74 posts, read 375,461 times
We had Brighthouse for 4 years, and were generally happy with it. Occasional internet outage, but that was about it. But then, about 8 months ago, it started going down every night. Called them over and over again, had numerous techs out to look at it, gave them every chance to fix it (6 weeks or so) - but they couldn't. Dumped them and went to Verizon Fios....should have done it earlier, Brighthouse is severely lagging behind nowadays.

That said, I do think that Verizon is an evil giant company with terrible customer service - but if you never have to call them, well that's the best customer service there is, and that is how it has been since switching!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,775 times
Thumbs down NOOOOOoooooo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peaches~ View Post
We choose Brighthouse due to the price, now I am completly unsatisfied with their service Keep in mind, not their customer service, but the service itself.

We have lived in W.Bradenton for 4 months, I have called them out to my home over 3 times. My internet will be slow or at time not even work properly, my cable box will mess up atleast once a week, and at times my phone will not even work! Since I run a buisness out of my home, this is completely unacceptable.

I am thinking of switching to Verizon, what are your thoughts?
That is like going from bad to worst. I could go on about what they do to a customer but for the sake of brevity, the last conversation I had with them that the 3 months I was waiting for internet service would not be an issue if I had been a business account. I run a Neighborhood Association in a predominatly low-income community. I was told, "Of course, business accounts ARE more important than residential accounts." in a tone that had me inferring that she thougt I was stupid. That said, we went to BH, the lesser of two EVIL Corporations. Right now, BH was overpaid by $200.00 electronicly by my son. We did everything they asked they tell us today 5/17 that we have to wait 7-10 business days or 5/26-5/31 for the money back for an electric bil extension due on 5/23.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 987 times
Thumbs down Brighthouse poor product should not lie on there commercial!!

I have brighthouse for phone, Internet, and tv. Wish I would've stayed with Verizon. Slow internet, hd tv poor quality, and service is unreliable. Have many more problems too much to list. They have great customer service but that's because they have alot of practice. Going back to Verizon better products for the same price.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiepaniagua View Post
I have brighthouse for phone, Internet, and tv. Wish I would've stayed with Verizon. Slow internet, hd tv poor quality, and service is unreliable. Have many more problems too much to list. They have great customer service but that's because they have alot of practice. Going back to Verizon better products for the same price.
haven't had a single problem w/ Brighthouse since moving here 5 yrs ago - are you sure you have updated equipment

Old 02-14-2015, 09:15 AM

9,533 posts, read 16,525,000 times
If anyone has anymore recent reviews on Brighthouse I would appreciate it. Especially in the Lakeland area.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:20 AM

9,533 posts, read 16,525,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiepaniagua View Post

I think I'm only going to be able to get Brighthouse where I will be living in Lakeland. No one else seems to service the address. I notice a lot of bad reviews on Brighthouse. I think I heard that Brighthouse is actually Time Warner Cable. If I'm not mistaking Time Warner is in the process of merging with Comcast.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:34 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,826,679 times
My experience with Brighhthouse is limited to internet only. I have DirecTV but may in the future switch to Brighthouse (it'll save me quite a bit each month). They've improved their DVR/equipment offerings on the TV side recently, so I am looking to give them a shot.

I have no real complaints, but I work in IT and own/manage my own equipment (read: I don't use their modem or router).

They are now a separate entity from Time Warner.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:31 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times
My parents have been with Verizon for years with no problems. Every time I get a new apartment, rental, etc, and they have Bright House, I have a new problem I didn't realize could exist.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:56 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,127,634 times
We have britehouse and it's been up and down. We have to have it because they provide our complex free basic it's included in the HOA fees. We have upgraded to faster internet and phone. We use Apple TV witch is better and cheaper than smart tv's running google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay