Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 07:59 PM

9,533 posts, read 16,525,000 times

Advertisements

I' not getting if there are so many problems with Brighthouse. Then how does the company operate so poorly, and still stay in business. Actually I can't figure out why Cox or Comcast are not in these Brighthouse areas. I can see if the areas were rural areas far from civilization, but there not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 08:45 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,425,232 times
Only had a problem every now and then we had Brighthouse. But Verizon is definitely better.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:36 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Then how does the company operate so poorly, and still stay in business.
Severe lack of competition. Verizon is only in select cities. As far as I know, Comcast isn't down here (otherwise, I'd imagine Bright House would see a steady increase of new customers), a lot of apartments have a deal worked out with them, hotels have deals worked out with them, etc. Once everything's factored in, it's no shock they're still in business.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:25 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peaches~ View Post
We choose Brighthouse due to the price, now I am completly unsatisfied with their service Keep in mind, not their customer service, but the service itself.

We have lived in W.Bradenton for 4 months, I have called them out to my home over 3 times. My internet will be slow or at time not even work properly, my cable box will mess up atleast once a week, and at times my phone will not even work! Since I run a buisness out of my home, this is completely unacceptable.

I am thinking of switching to Verizon, what are your thoughts?
Unfortunately we will all soon be in your shoes, because Frontier is awful and they're taking Verizon, so we'll have to switch to Brighthouse...

Maybe if more people filed BBB complaints against them and the fact that they are charging a lot of money too for poor service is against the consumer, so those pinned high up in that company need to start to actually work to make it better since it is the better evil in this monopoly driven cable mess! Switching to Verizon won't solve your problems now that they are selling to Frontier.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:53 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,240,342 times
Im curious how many of you have had other service providers outside of bright house/Verizon? I have worked for several of the competitors and while I do agree that BHN had their issues in the past with bandwidth and poor equipment, in the past several years these issues have come light years from where they were. The company is spending more money than ever updating equipment, training technicians better than ever and purchasing some of the best equipment the industry has to offer.

Bright house is also one of the most overbuilt companies in the industry so to say they have a monopoly is a far cry. they are competing with Verizon and AT&T on a very direct level along with Dish network and diretcv, WOW, Comcast and several other smaller companies. Even if you are in one of the few areas that do not have a quality direct competitor, your still getting the same services/pricing as the markets that are competing directly.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:43 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
A friend of mine relayed a story about Verizon. He hosted a Super Bowl party with a bunch of Pats fans - had every set up with a new huge screen high def TV, everyone was set to sit down to watch the game and Verizon went out. My friend was livid and embarrassed. They couldn't get his service fixed so his party missed the game. So I laugh whenever I hear how great Verizon is...

Old 02-15-2015, 10:08 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
A friend of mine relayed a story about Verizon. He hosted a Super Bowl party with a bunch of Pats fans - had every set up with a new huge screen high def TV, everyone was set to sit down to watch the game and Verizon went out. My friend was livid and embarrassed. They couldn't get his service fixed so his party missed the game. So I laugh whenever I hear how great Verizon is...
Reminds me of the time my friends ordered a PPV on Bright House. The pre show came on fine, the show played for five minutes, then the PPV dropped. They reordered it, the order didn't go through. They ordered a replay the next day, it failed. A week and a hundred dollars later, they were finally able to catch the last replay. So I laugh whenever I hear how great Bright House is.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:26 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
That sounds pretty bad. But you laugh at hearing how great Verizon is because of that? We have had Verizon for years, and it has been great. No company is perfect, but Verizon is the best you can get here. It's much better than Brighthouse.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:31 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Reminds me of the time my friends ordered a PPV on Bright House. The pre show came on fine, the show played for five minutes, then the PPV dropped. They reordered it, the order didn't go through. They ordered a replay the next day, it failed. A week and a hundred dollars later, they were finally able to catch the last replay. So I laugh whenever I hear how great Bright House is.
Amen. It's silly to label a service bad because of one incident. The reality is that many people wish they could have a service like Verizon in their area.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:55 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
I wish there was a better option than any of them although I prefer Bright House over Verizon just for the customer service employees that are better at Bright House but recently the waiting time to get someone on the phone increased so much that I wonder how many employees they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay