Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 10:30 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
So if I put up a no trespassing sign on my house and I find someone trespassing they could tell me that my sign has no legal meaning? If I put up a no trespassing sign and I find you trespassing I will hold you at gun point until the police to arrive to arrest you.
You are putting up a sign for something that is already illegal, the cop wouldn't arrest the trespasser because of your sign.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Amen to that. Reeves has all but guaranteed that his wife and daughter and granddaughter will live out the remainder of their years in poverty, his defense even if he wins and the civil litigation will ensure he will be broke. At best he's exchanged the golden years of retirement for a cold concrete cell with poor medical care and very real and imminent danger for at least a year or two and quite possibly the remainder of his life. I'm sure he thinks it's all worth it now.
Bingo! Reeves being a hothead is going to destroy his wife financially, regardless of whether he does jail time or not.

Must be wonderful to be that age and now have to worry about financial ruin.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:47 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,591 times

Section 810.08 of the Florida Statutes entitled "Trespass in structures or conveyances" reads:

"Whoever, without being authorized, licensed or invited, willfully enters or remains in any structure...or, having been authorized, licensed or invited, is warned by the owner...to depart and refuses to do so, commits the offence of trespass...."

When an invitation has been extended to enter an open business, actual communication is necessary to put a person on notice that he is no longer welcome on the property. Smith v. State, App. 2 Dist., 778 So 2nd 339(2000).

A mere sign doesn't turn a customer into a trespasser, but specifically asking him to leave might....

Old 02-09-2014, 11:30 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Maybe not a force of law but will help me to win a case in court if someone later claims it was not posted!

You are stating "don't doubt me"...I just don't trust anyone who is writing like most of us under a different name. We as realtors/brokers have to disclose our profession...maybe you can do so and post your name so we can verify why we should not doubt you but take your word as the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Yes, I believe it because it is the undeniable truth.

Yes, you can put that sign up. Yes, I can legally ignore it. That is the law. Do not doubt me on this.

The first link is the simple one:

http://www.epiphanydigest.com/2012/07/21/is-it-legal-to-carry-firearms-at-florida-theaters/

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/94771-does-anybody-have-portion-fl-statute-regards-no-concealed-weapons-signs.html

http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?87-No-Weapons-Sign/page3

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/florida-discussion-firearm-news/4715-pointless-no-gun-signs-can-you-carry-florida-airports.html

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/response-no-guns-allowed-signs-9152/index3.html

Now, if you ask me to leave for any reason, and if I refuse to leave, then you might try to have me arrested for trespassing. Good luck with that, I'll be gone before the cop arrives.

But your sign has no force of law.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:41 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yes, it is interesting how earlier theories fall apart when the facts start surfacing.
It's always that way, but it's so amusing to watch the blog readers jump to silly conclusions. One would think they would learn, but no...they just keep on making fools of themselves. Over and over and over.

I said CA would walk.

I said GZ would walk.

I say Reeves will walk.

Facts will trump silly assumptions.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:05 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's always that way, but it's so amusing to watch the blog readers jump to silly conclusions. One would think they would learn, but no...they just keep on making fools of themselves. Over and over and over.

I said CA would walk.

I said GZ would walk

I say Reeves will walk.

Facts will trump silly assumptions.
That's no accomplishment, everybody on God's green earth knew GZ would be found not guilty. Fact, and when you start getting away form the distorted world that is CD, you'll notice many people can clearly see Reeve's account in his taped interview is nowhere near what the movie theater video shows. He is a murdering liar and will be proven as such.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:43 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Maybe not a force of law but will help me to win a case in court if someone later claims it was not posted!

You are stating "don't doubt me"...I just don't trust anyone who is writing like most of us under a different name. We as realtors/brokers have to disclose our profession...maybe you can do so and post your name so we can verify why we should not doubt you but take your word as the truth?
Don't doubt me, because I have the facts. Not because I'm special.
You can look up the statutes yourself to verify these matters. I did.

Like most of us, I'm writing under a different name. Bentlebee is an odd name, but if you claim it's real, so be it.

How will posting your place of business change the fact that you made it open to the public?
The law is very specific. That's why I quoted it.
If you grant them access, and if they have a gun, fine.
If you then tell them to leave, fine if they do, possible trespassing if they don't.

The presence or absence of your sign changes nothing in the law, but if it makes you feel that it will help you win in court, go ahead. Many people feel that wearing a nice tie and getting a shoeshine also helps them win in court. Others prefer a lucky charm like a rabbit foot. Still, it doesn't change the law.

But go ahead and post your anti-gun sign on your business, the potential resulting boycott will give you free publicity.
Post a pic of it, and if you wish I'll forward it the Florida 2nd amendment groups and forums that I mentioned above.

They love to boycott anti-gun businesses!

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 02-09-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 02-09-2014, 01:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
That's no accomplishment, everybody on God's green earth knew GZ would be found not guilty. Fact, and when you start getting away form the distorted world that is CD, you'll notice many people can clearly see Reeve's account in his taped interview is nowhere near what the movie theater video shows. He is a murdering liar and will be proven as such.
One is thing is a fact...Reeves was the shooter and Oulsen died so you are right that Reeves weapon caused Oulsen to be dead.

If Reeves will be a convicted murderer will be determined in a court of law.

Oulsen seems not be as innocent and we will have to see what else will come out.

at first I didn't see much of a defense case but the defense seems to get more and more a stronger case for their client.

No bond doesn't mean anything since the judge may be careful not to loose at a next election. This is a high profiled case. Especially with one person being an ex law enforcement employee.

Some people were outraged about reeves being cuffed in the front instead of the back like most people are hand cuffed.

I didn't see anything wrong with that due to the age and the amount of cops present.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:19 PM

40 posts, read 118,028 times
Default You don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
Oh have they confirmed the victims and shooter knew one another? I still dont get why ppl need to solve their disputes with a gun.
Its Florida! Haven't you heard? You can shoot anybody at any time and damn near get away with it if you are "standing your ground." The state makes it EASY for people to settle disputes with a gun.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:56 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
quote from Springhillian "I have had a gun aimed point blank at my chest. I have had a knife put to my neck".
thats why you think this way. I have been shot at, but I dont think everybody is going to shoot me,,, and I am very aware of my surroundings and will MOVE away from anything that be comfrontational,,, MY pride is not keeping me from moving away from the problem..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay