Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 04:31 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

Others have put different labels on the man.

I still cant see how you all back the aggressor. But thats people.

When people talked in the theater they were "hushed' by the people around them or an usher was called in to shut em up or move them. Now we just let people with poor manners attack the "husher".

Nobody has said a negative thing about this guy except for strangers. who before he fired that bullet, did not know who he was.

Do you think a loose cannon take 71 years to go off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Never said he was a maniac ... but angry yes ... anyone in this day and age that gets upset at someone texting in the movie preview, yep I'd say he was angry. What ever happened to patience ? Like I asked before, what did he do when folks used to talk in the movies ?

And what do you think his "friends and colleagues" are going to say ? That he's a loose cannon prone to angry outbursts, a control freak ? What if he gets off ? Then what ?

And you're right, I have never met the man and based on what I know, would never want to ...

Old 07-28-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I don't know how he got through life without snapping earlier. My theory is that he brought that gun to the movies hoping some sort of Auroura scene would unfold and he would gun down a "joker" and be a hero. When that opportunity never presented itself, he had to create his own "bad guy" but it backfired on him. He shot a well respected, good citizen and he become a bad guy himself. Besides his attorney and a handful of others this guy is despised even by CCW holders and law enforcement.
He shot a punk who was threatening him. He has carried a gun for decades and all of a sudden he decides that say that he is going to shoot somebody. Yeah, right. Keep puffing that pipe.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Watch the inside theater video (left side camera). The big Pasco Deputy comes down the aisle, waives away Hamilton, grabs Reeves and throws him over the row of seats. Reeves is then stumbling around resisting, it gets bad when he gets on the aisle, one deputy pushing the other pulling a struggling suspect. Lol, he's clearly madder than a wet hen.
Post a link of the alleged video please.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I like to edit parts of it out to make it more focused:

A person ... has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent....the commission of ... any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

Battery on a senior citizen is a felony.
Thanks for the editing. That is what it boils down to.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:42 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
[quote=Spring Hillian;35849813]Post a link of the alleged video State of Florida vs Curtis Reeves

It left side in theater camera view and towards the end (about a couple minutes from the end) they arrest him.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:01 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Others have put different labels on the man.

I still cant see how you all back the aggressor. But thats people.

When people talked in the theater they were "hushed' by the people around them or an usher was called in to shut em up or move them. Now we just let people with poor manners attack the "husher".

Nobody has said a negative thing about this guy except for strangers. who before he fired that bullet, did not know who he was.

Do you think a loose cannon take 71 years to go off?
Texting is not even offensive to most UNLESS you're being held up by someone driving or in line somewhere. Most of the time it is silent except for return notifications or if you have the keyboard click on. Also, texting and social media is now an accepted form of communication and I can't tell you how many times I've passed people on the road texting and going too slow. Did I report them to the police ? No ... Did I pull out my weapon and shoot them ? No ... Did I run them off the road ? Of course not ... I've seen many people including my wife text at the movies BEFORE the actual movie started. Did I report them to management ? Of course not ...

You don't know a thing about this man other than what you've read and neither do I. I do know that I would never go to management at a theater about someone texting. And neither would 99.9% of the population.

Let me ask you ... should on call doctors not carry their phones to the movies and wherever they go ? Or should they sit home because there are idiots like Reeves that might shoot them if they answer an emergency page ?

If Reeves would have displayed a bit of patience, we wouldn't be posting about this right now. Wonder if Reeves would have asked one of his fellow officers to stop texting during roll call ? Or I wonder if Reeves will ask his lawyer to stop texting his wife during the trial ? Or maybe even the judge to stop texting if it means he might miss the nightly dinner at the jail ?

Oh yeah ... if Reeves went to management about the "texting" and management didn't show up, just move to a new freaking seat.

Gimme a break ...

Last edited by Soup Not See; 07-28-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 05:22 PM

[quote=bannedontherun;35849913]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Post a link of the alleged video State of Florida vs Curtis Reeves

It left side in theater camera view and towards the end (about a couple minutes from the end) they arrest him.

They wont play. "File is corrupt"

Old 07-28-2014, 05:47 PM

So you are saying if the return tone was on and the keyboard click sound on it would be annoying.

If you pass someone on the road who is texting while driving that is against the law and for the safety of you and all other drivers it should be reported to the police for proper enforcement.

Oulson did not get shot for texting. He did not get shot for yelling at someone. He did not get shot because he threw popcorn. He got shot because he was physically and verbally attacking someone who had no means to defend themselves except to use deadly force. The fact that Reeves used deadly force was within his legal right to do so.

If you found the texting annoying or bothersome you would have the right to ask them to stop and if they failed to satisfy your request you are in your rights to report it to management.

You are right. We dont know anything about him except what we have read of seen on TV from people WHO DO know him and their description of Mr Reeves is not derogatory.

You wouldnt go to management about the texting anr that is fine. That is your personal choice. But I disagree that 99.9 percent of the people would not.

Doctors should have their phones on vibrate and go to the lobby to talk.

If Reeves' intention to shoot Oulson because of the use of the phone he wouldnt have asked him to stop nor would he have sought management. He would have just shot him in the head and have been done with it.

It is easy for you to say what you would have or not have done in the situation. Mr. Reeves did what he felt was right. Reeves asked the man to stop, was told to F' off. That ends a possible means of rectifying the situation peacefully and he sought assistance. . What Oulson did is escalate the situation which was uncalled for and illegal.

He was being a tough guy.

Ive seen guys trying to be tough get their butts kicked to the point of being unconscious. They were tough up to the moment that their opponent had them on the ground and was doing jumping jacks on the guys back or beating in their face with continuous left and rights. They never acted tough again.

Reeves couldn't defend himself with his hands and had to resort to another means of force to
prevent further attack.

This is so simple. I dont why there is a problem with it. Reeves did what he had to do.

Is there something wrong with that or have we reduced ourselves to doormats that allow anyone to do anything they see fit against us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Texting is not even offensive to most UNLESS you're being held up by someone driving or in line somewhere. Most of the time it is silent except for return notifications or if you have the keyboard click on. Also, texting and social media is now an accepted form of communication and I can't tell you how many times I've passed people on the road texting and going too slow. Did I report them to the police ? No ... Did I pull out my weapon and shoot them ? No ... Did I run them off the road ? Of course not ... I've seen many people including my wife text at the movies BEFORE the actual movie started. Did I report them to management ? Of course not ...

You don't know a thing about this man other than what you've read and neither do I. I do know that I would never go to management at a theater about someone texting. And neither would 99.9% of the population.

Let me ask you ... should on call doctors not carry their phones to the movies and wherever they go ? Or should they sit home because there are idiots like Reeves that might shoot them if they answer an emergency page ?

If Reeves would have displayed a bit of patience, we wouldn't be posting about this right now. Wonder if Reeves would have asked one of his fellow officers to stop texting during roll call ? Or I wonder if Reeves will ask his lawyer to stop texting his wife during the trial ? Or maybe even the judge to stop texting if it means he might miss the nightly dinner at the jail ?

Oh yeah ... if Reeves went to management about the "texting" and management didn't show up, just move to a new freaking seat.

Gimme a break ...

Old 07-28-2014, 05:53 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I think this topic has been beaten to death...no one is going to change anyone's point of view...why don't we all just wait and see what develops in the coming months?...How about them Ray's???

Old 07-28-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think this topic has been beaten to death...no one is going to change anyone's point of view...why don't we all just wait and see what develops in the coming months?...How about them Ray's???
Now your're talking. Lets shut up and be patient and wait for the trial to start.
Then we can hopefully be presented with clear facts and understand the provisions
of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay