Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times

Advertisements

"Our blacks are so much better than their blacks" - Ann Coulter

No offense, Tex, but I think she's an idiot.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
The black population in Dallas county went almost totally for Obama yet the county was barely blue. What that means is that the Hispanics broke for Romney and Cruz. The same thing occurred in Harris (City of Houston).

Anyone who thinks TX will turn blue does not know any Hispanics or how assimilation works. Nor have they looked at the election results in the districts where there are significant mixed white/hispanic populations. Nor have they looked at education trends. Kids' views come from their peers. These kids peers will be the white populations.

I speak Spanish pretty well. My babysitter is Hispanic and one tenant is Hispanic. My son's best friend is Hispanic. On one of my farms a caretaker is Tejano. They like Cruz a lot. And they like the Bush family a lot. They fear government.

My wife ran a mid-size firm that had a majority Hispanic workforce. The senior managers were quite liberal, but the rank and file were conservative and the latter had a lot of kids and lived in mixed neighborhoods.

One of my wife's relatives is a major figure in a number of counties in West Texas. He is a major liberal yet he is also a racist, like many rural democrats. Those counties are majority Hispanic yet they broke for Cruz and he told me that once he passes away, along with many of the other older FDR voters, the Hispanic leadership will step up and join the younger GOP leadership and the county will stay solid GOP.

We will see in 6 to 10 year " the proof of the pudding is in the eating of the pudding ".......

Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
"Our blacks are so much better than their blacks" - Ann Coulter

No offense, Tex, but I think she's an idiot.
But is what she says TRUE, though? On some level, that has to be adressed.

I have ALWAYS thought that Southern whites and blacks have more in common with one another, on lots of levels, than Southern whites and northern whites.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

I have ALWAYS thought that Southern whites and blacks have more in common with one another, on lots of levels, than Southern whites and northern whites.
When you say, "Our blacks are so much BETTER than their blacks", you're basically telling a large group of regular people out there that you or people you associate with are above them.

Not good...

Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 AM

1,985 posts, read 3,319,407 times
Ann Coulter is the most vile, extremist woman in the Republican Party. And if we are talking about crap she says (even though crap is usually the only thing coming from her mouth), how about her constant use of the word 'retard'? Right after one of the presidential debates, she tweeted this: "I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard." And then later she doubled down. Terrible woman.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
There's no possible way to prove or disprove whether one group of people is "better" than another group of people, because that term is completely relative. It's not about true or false, but it's about her own biased beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but hers are often inflammatory and downright offensive. I would hardly call her the most objective person.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
What has she ever said that cannot be backed up by facts, as she sees them? Ann Coulter writes personal colums, and no one has to accept them as truth. And yes, a certain writing style comes into it. It HAS to, or the person would not be sucessful as a syndicated columnist.

I know you know all this...but why do YOU use such negative, personally, applied adjectives as "venomous" and "hateful"? Those are pretty stong words, in their own right, you know...
The same reason that Fox News and MSNBC are the most popular news networks. People don't want to hear actual truth, they want to hear someone tell them what they already think. That's also why Ann Coulter (and Sean Hannity, and Ed Schultz, and Rachael Maddow) are so popular. They tell people the "truth" they want to hear.

Truth is a relative term to many people.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
There's no possible way to prove or disprove whether one group of people is "better" than another group of people, because that term is completely relative. It's not about true or false, but it's about her own biased beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but hers are often inflammatory and downright offensive. I would hardly call her the most objective person.
That is fair enough, Nairobi, but what IS, in your opinion, the perfectly balanced commentator? Does that person exist, even?

Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Ann Coulter is the most vile, extremist woman in the Republican Party. And if we are talking about crap she says (even though crap is usually the only thing coming from her mouth), how about her constant use of the word 'retard'? Right after one of the presidential debates, she tweeted this: "I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard." And then later she doubled down. Terrible woman.
On the other hand? You would be the paragon of objectivity? LOL

Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
When you say, "Our blacks are so much BETTER than their blacks", you're basically telling a large group of regular people out there that you or people you associate with are above them.

Not good...
Why is that not good? I mean, to associate with one group over another? We all do it. You do too. It is just human nature.

But to hone it in a bit on your reference ("our blacks are better than their blacks"?). I never said it that way, but yeah, now that you mention it? Yes, I will say outright that -- in terms of commonalities of customs and manners and etc, etc?. Yep, I believe that Southern whites and blacks have -- on some levels -- much more in common with one another than do Southern whites and northern whites.

I never will forget the story a black professor once told me, when I was in college. He was from North Carolina, and went to Kent State (Ohio), and his roomate was a white guy from Alabama. They became the closest of friends (and still are, far as I know), for the simple reason they "understood each other", in a way that was unfathomable to the white upper-class yankee kids.

The black man was the token black, and the white guy was the dart board. But yet? They got along with one another, because they came from a common background and region that trancended all other superficial considerations. They were both Southerners and were...hell, "authentic", I guess is the nowdays word. But whatever it was, it apparently beat the hell out of any other relationships.

So to come back the full circle? I can totally relate to that (the above). I am not, nor will ever pretend to be, a "politically correct" person, which includes racial issues. For instance, I think the Brown decision ranks right up there with the Roe v. Wade, as the worst constitutional mandates ever decreed.

In lots of ways, Southern blacks and Southern whites have more in common with one another than do Southern whites and northern whites. And if that translates -- as you put it -- into that "our blacks are "better" than their blacks"? Then ok, so be it. But you phrased it that way, I didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas