Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 02:59 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Houston is a far superior city to Dallas, IMO.

Dallas lacks the art, music, and culture scene of Houston. Dallas is landlocked and uninteresting.
SMH.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
what is wrong about never hearing something?? I said I have never heard of new Katy, what is wrong with that??
Because you act like you know everything. New Katy is widely used in the Katy area, yet you try to "teach" me and prove me wrong about an area that I grew up in. Pretty annoying. Again, I see what AlGreen is talking about.

Quote:
I know it is hard to admit you are wrong, but sheesh you kept going on and on after we all proved you wrong in that busiest street thread. And now you wanna talk about people always being right? you have a hard time accepting that the truth is not like you thought it was.
Who "all" proved me wrong? I remember it being just you that said YOU proved me wrong, yet failed to mention that I believe it was 1960 that had the overall most hours of delay. And I was just extremely bored that day. Aren't you also the guy that thinks that Memorial City Mall is in Southwest Houston and not West Houston? Yeah...

Edit: I mean seriously, what are you trying to do here? I said Katy is its own city, then you tried to come in and correct me. As if I don't know the majority of the area known as "Katy" is in an unincorporated area. Hell, the drains by my Dad's house in Katy say "City of Houston" on them. Please.

Last edited by Trae713; 12-13-2010 at 03:24 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 03:37 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,273,450 times
That whole Katy thing gets confusing to me because now days, Katy is referred to like its its own metropolitan area (Katy vs Katy area). I think Scarface and Htownlove are both right to an extent in the respects that Katy (old Katy) is its own city and the Greater Katy area is still referred to as "Katy". The post office even designates areas like Cinco Ranch and others as "Katy", in spite of not technically being inside of Katy's city limits.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,626,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
honestly, justme02 is right. las colinas is definitely more of a built up and planned district than westchase is. it's not exactly like the woodlands or up to par (depending on who you talk to), but it's definitely comparable.

las colinas, like the woodlands, is more "upscale". westchase really isn't
I can agree with that..Westchase and Las Colinas comparable..meh not even..Westchase isn't that upscale at all..home to office buildings and big companies..but the residential areas surrounding them range from middle income to lower income. Even though I heard Las Colinas could be headed in that same direction in a couple years...but it still has that upscale look going for them over westchase

Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
That whole Katy thing gets confusing to me because now days, Katy is referred to like its its own metropolitan area (Katy vs Katy area). I think Scarface and Htownlove are both right to an extent in the respects that Katy (old Katy) is its own city and the Greater Katy area is still referred to as "Katy". The post office even designates areas like Cinco Ranch and others as "Katy", in spite of not technically being inside of Katy's city limits.
Yep. All areas between the Westpark Tollway/FM 1093 to the South, Fry Road to the East, FM 529 to the North, and western fringes of the City of Katy all have a "Katy, Texas" address.

*waits for Htownlove to try and "prove" me wrong*

Last edited by Trae713; 12-13-2010 at 03:50 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 03:51 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Scarface you are not even worth correcting because after we correct you with links you either change the topic or carry on stubbornly with your wrong points. You said westheimer is not in the sw although it clearly is, and you maintained it wasn't even after I posted a link to the Greater Southwest chamber of commerce showing that it was in the southwest. and yes the memorial villages are in the SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
yeah, that is all I told Scarface. I don't see what he is arguing. He is saying the same thing I said 15 posts ago

Old 12-13-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
yeah, that is all I told Scarface. I don't see what he is arguing. He is saying the same thing I said 15 posts ago:
Let's look at it again:

Quote:
I thought old Spring and Old Katy were cities in Houston ETJ and the areas surrounding them (katy area and Spring) was unincorporated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Katy is its own city. Old Town Spring is not its own city. Just another area in Houston's large ETJ. Katy actually has its own ETJ (though it is small).
Quote:
Old Katy is its own city, that I know for sure. Katy most definitely is not its own city
Quote:
Katy is definitely it's own city. It's called the "City of Katy", not "Old Katy". New Katy (Cinco Ranch, areas north of I-10 and east of 99, etc.) are not in the City of Katy. Take it from someone who grew up there. Seriously dude, you don't need to always try and be right and specific about everything. You know what I was talking about.
Quote:
well this case is splitting hairs, but the times I have corrected you you had been flat out wrong. I didn't know what you were talking about I thought you meant that what everyone refers to as Katy (The Katy area) was its own city

and they do refer to it as Old Katy
Katy, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

never heard of new Katy.
Quote:
Dude, just leave it. I see what AlGreen is talking about now. You're wrong. People refer to it as all sorts of things. Old Katy, Downtown Katy, "going into the city". I've heard it all while living there. And you have never heard of New Katy? That's what most people in the Katy area refer to South Katy as. Any C-D poster who lives in the Katy area will tell you this. Shows that you aren't always as right as you think you are. And if I was talking about the "Katy area" I would have said "the Katy area", not "Katy". Stop trying to be right all the time. It's pathetic. Always trying to find the smallest things to argue with me about.
So, I say that Katy is its own city, yet you try to correct me and say it is not. Yes, Katy is its own city. It's called the "City of Katy". Often nicknamed "Old Katy", "Downtown Katy", or "going into the city" by people who live in the area. Trust me, I would know. Don't need an outsider to try and correct me about a place I grew up in. You've been doing things like this a lot lately.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Scarface you are not even worth correcting because after we correct you with links you either change the topic or carry on stubbornly with your wrong points. You said westheimer is not in the sw although it clearly is, and you maintained it wasn't even after I posted a link to the Greater Southwest chamber of commerce showing that it was in the southwest. and yes the memorial villages are in the SW

yeah, that is all I told Scarface. I don't see what he is arguing. He is saying the same thing I said 15 posts ago
Who is the "we" you speak of? It's YOU and only YOU. You act like you have an army of people correcting my posts with links. It's only you. And no, Westheimer is NOT in the Southwest and no, the Memorial Villages are NOT in the Southwest. You're the only person I have ever heard try and call the Memorial Villages/Memorial City Mall area SW Houston. Anyone who knows Houston will laugh at you for thinking that. Those areas are simply West Houston. There is a reason why 59 is called the Southwest Freeway...and not just because it runs Southwest.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Who is the "we" you speak of? It's YOU and only YOU. You act like you have an army of people correcting my posts with links. It's only you. And no, Westheimer is NOT in the Southwest and no, the Memorial Villages are NOT in the Southwest. You're the only person I have ever heard try and call the Memorial Villages/Memorial City Mall area SW Houston. Anyone who knows Houston will laugh at you for thinking that. Those areas are simply West Houston. There is a reason why 59 is called the Southwest Freeway...and not just because it runs Southwest.
the only person they are laughing at is you.

you search for apartments in the SW you get apartments on westheimer. You go the chamber of commerce cite, lookie there, it shows that westheimer is in the southwest.

you are the only one on here I see that use lazy terms to describe areas of Houston. west and east??? how lazy is that???

Dude Korea town is in the northwest, westheimer is in the south west

Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 PM

Southwest Houston:
http://www.stlaurence.org/pictures/SouthWestHouston.gif (broken link)
(broken link)

Northwest Houston:

Southeast Houston:

Northeast Houston:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas