Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 11:12 AM

800 posts, read 730,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for readings...

This stupid converstion was brought to you by 3 adults that are likely avoiding doing other more important on a Friday morning !

Hope you enjoyed the show .
Lol. No I did everything I was supposed to. I don't Hve the time to dedicate more than 5 minutes at a time here. Could I be more productive in that 5 minutes? Sure. But do I care. Nah

Old 09-23-2016, 08:49 PM

287 posts, read 306,846 times
Quote:
It was not really that I realized my mistake ... I remembered that some words are better left unspoken. Some people/ many if not most people act the way they act for a reason ( including myself). This morning I just got tired of trying to be nice/ polite to people. The older I get the more and more I realize when you try and be nice people will usually just walk all over you... and no one is going to be walking all over me. If I am pushed ... I am not turning the other check... I am pushing back 1 000 000 times harder.

For anyone who ever wonders why some people are just not nice.... I present this idea... they probably were nice at some point... but were smart enough to learn that nice guys/girls usually do finish last and I am not about loosing.

I take back my Happy Friday ... it's not deserved .
"Nice people " and "people who think themselves as nice people" are two different things

Old 09-23-2016, 11:23 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveagain View Post
"Nice people " and "people who think themselves as nice people" are two different things
I agree... but that is the same for any attribute. My version of nice and your version could be completely different. Regardless.... I have my niceness locked storage.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:36 AM

54 posts, read 45,748 times
Ok so if people think Toronto is awful for dating (ie. the men), wait until you see London, UK - it's a tragedy. Firstly plenty of the Brits are on benefits ( a huge proportion actually), that in fact most men look homeless here. I just moved houses, and as typical for London there is a pub not too far from me. Everytime I walk past I see old men sitting along drinking beer - no women at all. Such a sad state of affairs, really. Even when I am in the City and see the bankers - its minaly foreigners, as there as there are very few skilled Brittish people who work in the banks.

I hardly paid attention to those surveys about Brittish being the most ugliest nation. But oh wow is that the turh - absolutely unappealing, not well dressed, and just really boring...at least they are funny. Thank goodness I have French friends working at Delloitte who will take me to Paris so I can have my fun there. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love London, but the people are nothing to look at.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:40 AM

Quote:
... Yeah good luck.....lol.
Oh shut up. Why all the stereotyping? So we can safely say that ALL hipsters are cowards too? I rather have a smart-ass chap who has a Masters in Maths degree than some lazy bugger who has 0 class and 0 charm...

Old 09-24-2016, 03:21 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx_121 View Post
Oh shut up. Why all the stereotyping? So we can safely say that ALL hipsters are cowards too? I rather have a smart-ass chap who has a Masters in Maths degree than some lazy bugger who has 0 class and 0 charm...
LOL. Yes boss. Will do . If you go to any city forum you will see people complaining about the men and women in their cities.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:35 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,775,599 times
Quote:
Ok so if people think Toronto is awful for dating (ie. the men), wait until you see London, UK - it's a tragedy. Firstly plenty of the Brits are on benefits ( a huge proportion actually), that in fact most men look homeless here. I just moved houses, and as typical for London there is a pub not too far from me. Everytime I walk past I see old men sitting along drinking beer - no women at all. Such a sad state of affairs, really. Even when I am in the City and see the bankers - its minaly foreigners, as there as there are very few skilled Brittish people who work in the banks.

I hardly paid attention to those surveys about Brittish being the most ugliest nation. But oh wow is that the turh - absolutely unappealing, not well dressed, and just really boring...at least they are funny. Thank goodness I have French friends working at Delloitte who will take me to Paris so I can have my fun there. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love London, but the people are nothing to look at.
That really is too bad. London was one of the definitive places for fashion back in the Swinging 60's, even more so than many places here in North America. How the world has changed.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:08 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
That really is too bad. London was one of the definitive places for fashion back in the Swinging 60's, even more so than many places here in North America. How the world has changed.
This description she gives may be more related to where she is living in London because it just does not make sense. When I was living in London. I was working in the business district. Men and women where VERY VERY VERY well dressed and there were many classically attractive as well as average looking well dressed people, but when I was living in 2-3 different lower rent areas the men there were more reflective of their income. In my opinion you see that here in Toronto and many other places as well.

When I visit areas in Toronto that are lower income vs. more expensive areas I totally see the difference. Also being well kept is not 100% linked with income because I have met many people in many places that don't really groom themselves or carry themselves well, but are by no means poor and many people that have lower incomes, but fabulous fashion sense and rock a great look on a low budget.

My biggest issues with men in London was the drinking. I found people drank themselves to the point they were drunk far too often and I can't stand drunks. Women were not much better from my observations. That part of the culture I did not understand. When heading home late after going to night clubs I would be see well dressed/ average people ( no chance they were homeless people) passed out drunk in the middle of the sidewalks outside of bars and night clubs. To me that is just scary.

Regardless there are lots of people not from London living in London. I met and went out with several guys that were there as students or on work visas when I was there. Finding someone that was not born there was pretty easy.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
This description she gives may be more related to where she is living in London because it just does not make sense. When I was living in London. I was working in the business district. Men and women where VERY VERY VERY well dressed and there were many classically attractive as well as average looking well dressed people, but when I was living in 2-3 different lower rent areas the men there were more reflective of their income. In my opinion you see that here in Toronto and many other places as well.

When I visit areas in Toronto that are lower income vs. more expensive areas I totally see the difference. Also being well kept is not 100% linked with income because I have met many people in many places that don't really groom themselves or carry themselves well, but are by no means poor and many people that have lower incomes, but fabulous fashion sense and rock a great look on a low budget.

My biggest issues with men in London was the drinking. I found people drank themselves to the point they were drunk far too often and I can't stand drunks. Women were not much better from my observations. That part of the culture I did not understand. When heading home late after going to night clubs I would be see well dressed/ average people ( no chance they were homeless people) passed out drunk in the middle of the sidewalks outside of bars and night clubs. To me that is just scary.

Regardless there are lots of people not from London living in London. I met and went out with several guys that were there as students or on work visas when I was there. Finding someone that was not born there was pretty easy.

I get you, and I'm living on the edge of West Hampstead in Zone 2 - Jubilee line. All my interviews have been so far either in The City or in Shoreditch, and I only go out to places in The City which are frequented by the financiers ie. bankers (Agenda Bar, The Gable, The Folly, ) then Soho and a couple of places in Chelsea and then Clapham. I don't go to reguar bars at all, but rather stylish lounges.

The men are sharply dressed as any other banker would be in the Western World - however in terms of looks, this is ALL subjective. However I spoke to my fellow Czech friends and fellow housemates (who are mainly Spanish) and we all agree that English men are not our cup of tea. I have noticed a few good looking suiters in The City, as I'm there neraly every day during the week - ofcourse there is the handful which are good-looking but they are notably the foreign men working there. IE. There are plenty of french and greek men working in the banks due to the shortage of Brittish skilled bankers.

Anyway I am loving London and will use this as my base for my travels. Is it the best city in the world? For me (and millions of others who move here every year) it definitely is.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:29 PM

Default ...

Quote:
I get you, and I'm living on the edge of West Hampstead in Zone 2 - Jubilee line. All my interviews have been so far either in The City or in Shoreditch, and I only go out to places in The City which are frequented by the financiers ie. bankers (Agenda Bar, The Gable, The Folly, ) then Soho and a couple of places in Chelsea and then Clapham. I don't go to reguar bars at all, but rather stylish lounges.

The men are sharply dressed as any other banker would be in the Western World - however in terms of looks, this is ALL subjective. However I spoke to my fellow Czech friends and fellow housemates (who are mainly Spanish) and we all agree that English men are not our cup of tea. I have noticed a few good looking suiters in The City, as I'm there neraly every day during the week - ofcourse there is the handful which are good-looking but they are notably the foreign men working there. IE. There are plenty of french and greek men working in the banks due to the shortage of Brittish skilled bankers.

Anyway I am loving London and will use this as my base for my travels. Is it the best city in the world? For me (and millions of others who move here every year) it definitely is.
London is certainly a great city to live in if you want to travel and for great prices. Flights compared to from Toronto were so cheap. I had a good time in London, but my situation was likely very different then yours. I was in university still and did not have much ( lol.. more like any money). I would love to visit again someday. Glad that you are enjoying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto