Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 07:53 AM

54 posts, read 45,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
Just came back from Athens, Greece and the dating scene there is amazing, wish the whole entire world can learn from these countries.
I know Athens vey well as I had a boyfriend, Alexis from there back when I was 20/21, and therefore I used to go there often from Czech Rep. One of my regrets is not sealing that relatipnship and marrying him - not only was he good looking (like most Greek men are), his family was amazing and they had a vacation house in right on the Sea a few kms after Glyfada (which by the was has the BEST of everything, best nightclubs, best shopping etc).

We used to frequen Glyfada often, and I even attended his brother's child christening at the beautiful church in Glyfada which is not far from the sea.

I then have been back to Athens regularly through my ex Greek colleague from Czech Rep (he often invited me down, and my 2010 NYC was the BEST New Years of my life...)

I know alot about Greek music, singers and their traditions - I will go back now that I am based in London. Best country ever!

Old 09-27-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Most people can't, they live somewhere stranded in a place where they thought these things were convenient for most of them but they can't just move right away just like that.
You'll be surprised - just sell your property and move. In my time in Toronto, I met too mane depressed and emotionally destroyed professional men who went through rough divorces, that it took a huge toll on them. You'll be surprised how many ended up back at their parent's houses, due to yp to 70% of their disposable income going to their ex-wifes and kids...too many destroyed men there.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:44 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,694,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx_121 View Post
You'll be surprised - just sell your property and move. In my time in Toronto, I met too mane depressed and emotionally destroyed professional men who went through rough divorces, that it took a huge toll on them. You'll be surprised how many ended up back at their parent's houses, due to yp to 70% of their disposable income going to their ex-wifes and kids...too many destroyed men there.
It would be interesting to see the divorce rate in Toronto compared to other cities around the world.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:59 PM

298 posts, read 276,711 times
It sucks you know, most men are innocent and have had nothing to do at all for a divorce to occur, it wasn't there fault even, the Canadian government actually has way more benefits for single mother than single fathers as-well, the only time a single father is compensated is if the wife passes away or an accidental death happens but not anymore than that.

Last edited by Rockstar21; 09-28-2016 at 11:10 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 11:02 PM

Feminism is to blame for this, Toronto is probably the capital of feminism, as everything is influenced by it, single fathers who cannot see there children and lose all there income and there disposable properties, it is nuts and that's why as a guy like me hesitates to date any woman from this city, I found Greek women in Greece to be much more pleasant and more fun than boring Torontonian women no offence.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I know Athens vey well as I had a boyfriend, Alexis from there back when I was 20/21, and therefore I used to go there often from Czech Rep. One of my regrets is not sealing that relatipnship and marrying him - not only was he good looking (like most Greek men are), his family was amazing and they had a vacation house in right on the Sea a few kms after Glyfada (which by the was has the BEST of everything, best nightclubs, best shopping etc).

We used to frequen Glyfada often, and I even attended his brother's child christening at the beautiful church in Glyfada which is not far from the sea.

I then have been back to Athens regularly through my ex Greek colleague from Czech Rep (he often invited me down, and my 2010 NYC was the BEST New Years of my life...)

I know alot about Greek music, singers and their traditions - I will go back now that I am based in London. Best country ever!
Greece is a beautiful country believe me, the only problem with is there cuisine as there food to me wasn't so interesting or tasty, I had a hard time embracing Greek food as it was so not tasty for some reason, I actually got sick from eating the food there and had vomited and also gave me a dry sore throat and constant coughing from I guess there coffee which has a strong taste.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:14 AM

178 posts, read 523,713 times
Quote:
You need to check out Prague! Prague is AMAZING (also I am biased as I am Czech).
I haven't been there yet. But I've been to Belarus, Poland and Germany, and assume Prague would be some sort of strange mix of the three

Old 09-29-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:

First you said Toronto was bad and now London? I thought you said a few months ago that London was much better at least much better than Toronto.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Feminism is to blame for this, Toronto is probably the capital of feminism, as everything is influenced by it, single fathers who cannot see there children and lose all there income and there disposable properties, it is nuts and that's why as a guy like me hesitates to date any woman from this city, I found Greek women in Greece to be much more pleasant and more fun than boring Torontonian women no offence.
Yip feminism. I went to drinks with a couple of future colleagues on Thursday here in London, UK, and I was asking the Brittish how it works here with respect to the split in assets upon a divorce here in UK. They mentioned its 50/50 in ALL situations. therefore it is an equal split in ALL assets.

Therefore when I told them about how extreme feminism is in Ontario, and how it usually works with the men having to pay out a lot more to their ex-wifes,they were ALL schocked. (I told them about my mate there who after 10 years of marriage, and no kids - the courts instucted him that he had to give 70% of his assets and therefore sell the house, to his ex-wife). They actually couldn't believe it.

In addition in the UK, common-law partnerships are recognized only once you live together for 5 years. So its not like in Ontario, where it's like 2 or 3 years - I can't remember now which it is, I think it's 2?

Anyway the UK has a much stronger and fairere system to men, and therefore one does not see or hear about this whole feminism thing going on here like in Toronto.

I feel that Toronto is VERY unique on this whole topic - its is just so weird and completely uncalled for and so un-democratic...I really feel for ALL the Canadian men who suffer because of it. Men should be stronger and fight against this injustice in the courts and juristication system to overturn these pathetic laws.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
First you said Toronto was bad and now London? I thought you said a few months ago that London was much better at least much better than Toronto.
I was referring to the Greece of 2003, which is obviously very different to how it is now due to the financial crisis + high unemployment. I love London and yes it is one of the best cities int he world - but not for dating...everything else yes. Anyway I have Paris right next door, so I'm not complaining...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto