Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 02:09 AM

54 posts, read 45,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by architext View Post
I haven't been there yet. But I've been to Belarus, Poland and Germany, and assume Prague would be some sort of strange mix of the three
I'm not a fan of Warsaw, ugly city in my opinion. I spent a couple of months there prior moving here. Prague is the most beautiful and fairy-tale like city in Europe, in my opinion. Also Cesky Krumlov is very well known, plus Karlovy Vary.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:07 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx_121 View Post
Yip feminism. I went to drinks with a couple of future colleagues on Thursday here in London, UK, and I was asking the Brittish how it works here with respect to the split in assets upon a divorce here in UK. They mentioned its 50/50 in ALL situations. therefore it is an equal split in ALL assets.

Therefore when I told them about how extreme feminism is in Ontario, and how it usually works with the men having to pay out a lot more to their ex-wifes,they were ALL schocked. (I told them about my mate there who after 10 years of marriage, and no kids - the courts instucted him that he had to give 70% of his assets and therefore sell the house, to his ex-wife). They actually couldn't believe it.

In addition in the UK, common-law partnerships are recognized only once you live together for 5 years. So its not like in Ontario, where it's like 2 or 3 years - I can't remember now which it is, I think it's 2?

Anyway the UK has a much stronger and fairere system to men, and therefore one does not see or hear about this whole feminism thing going on here like in Toronto.

I feel that Toronto is VERY unique on this whole topic - its is just so weird and completely uncalled for and so un-democratic...I really feel for ALL the Canadian men who suffer because of it. Men should be stronger and fight against this injustice in the courts and juristication system to overturn these pathetic laws.
Absolute nonsense coming out of you. What you are saying is not even accurate. It is not about someone's gender, but who makes more money and that is not always the man ( got to wonder if being from where you are from impacts you inability to get that). Also someone has to request support from the suppose if they make less. Also child support is a whole different story.

More importantly why are you sticking your nose in to other people's divorces? Anyone with common sense should understand at best you would only get a one-sided extremely biases perspective of the situation.

The anti-feminists gives off a gold diggers in pursuit vibe so I find it ironic on one had you chasing after men with money ..... but on the other hand expressing such sorrow for these men once they divorce that still have to take care of there families. I am not sure you get that you can divorce your children..... this a life long commitment.

Also what happened to your hedge fund prince charming?

Dating in London not going well anymore after your previous boasts? Should I welcome you to the hypocrite club or .... did you just learn that sometimes you change your mind about things based on your exposure?

Old 10-27-2016, 07:40 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
I hate to drag this thread back up again ... but wow. If you are female and single in Toronto there is one really hot friendly single New Yorker that is pretty new to the city looking to make some friends. 100% not shy... prefect balance between friendly without being intimidating or too aggressive. Great at small talk ... in terms of looks ( ... so cute .. I swear my wedding ring almost feel off my finger lol).

Toronto Guys out there who happen to be looking for some idea on strategy this guy should be giving lessons...

Here is what he did right...

I had my headphones on ... but he wanted to talk to me. So he made eye contact and smiled while we were both walking in the same direction, but never blocked or cut in front of me ( you get too close to a woman walking alone her guard in going to naturally go up at bit). Body language ... he kept a reasonable distance from me while trying to get my attention so it was not perceived at threatening. I took off my headphone to say hi and to see what he trying to say ex asking for directions ... telling me I dropped something ... or what ever.

Then he politely rolled in to hi... what is your name. ... and small talk ex. Where you from ... I am from so and so ... do you live around ... fabulous way to approach someone in a non-threatening positive way. Before the next block he already rolled in to the are you single ... can I get your number dialogue to seal the deal. If I was single I would have 100% given him my number and asked for his. He still wanted to get my number even when I told him I was married ( but I don't like playing with fire).

So this was the perfect execution ...

1. Get her attention
2. Get her to engage in casual conversation
3. Express your interest in a timely manner ( if he is in this city she is likely on her way to somewhere ... so you got to get to your point in soon before she hops in a store, the street care or wherever)
4. Ask for her contact info or offer her yours... do it soon before she walks away and you both regret it
5. If it is a no ... be polite about it and say it was nice meeting you... ( she might see her again and change her mind or just offer it to you)

This whole situation happened in under 10 minutes.

Anyways, single Toronto women he is out there .... good luck to whoever meets his first :P!

Toronto men ... learn from a city dweller south of the boarder ... (you are just a good ... just need to open up a little bit).

Old 10-28-2016, 10:53 PM

298 posts, read 276,984 times
I have to admit, guys fantasize about having a relationship with a young beautiful hot model instead of any other type of girls, so maybe age does have to do with your issue with why it's a problem for you to find a date in Toronto.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:05 AM

3,625 posts, read 3,414,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx_121 View Post
Yip feminism. I went to drinks with a couple of future colleagues on Thursday here in London, UK, and I was asking the Brittish how it works here with respect to the split in assets upon a divorce here in UK. They mentioned its 50/50 in ALL situations. therefore it is an equal split in ALL assets.

Therefore when I told them about how extreme feminism is in Ontario, and how it usually works with the men having to pay out a lot more to their ex-wifes,they were ALL schocked. (I told them about my mate there who after 10 years of marriage, and no kids - the courts instucted him that he had to give 70% of his assets and therefore sell the house, to his ex-wife). They actually couldn't believe it.
Neither can I, and I have practiced in the family law area. In Alberta, admittedly, but the rules for Ontario are not very different: it's a 50/50 split, once the liabilities have been deducted from the assets. That is statute law. Supreme Court of Canada caselaw can change that in certain circumstances, but based on the facts as stated, I cannot see an exception to the rule here. I may be wrong; if so, Sarx, add more facts, and my opinion may vary. Why exactly did Mate have to pay 70%? Can you point me to a cited case involving Mate? I can read it and offer an explanation, if you like.

Quote:
In addition in the UK, common-law partnerships are recognized only once you live together for 5 years. So its not like in Ontario, where it's like 2 or 3 years - I can't remember now which it is, I think it's 2?
To the best of my recollection, it is three years in Ontario.

Quote:
Anyway the UK has a much stronger and fairere system to men, and therefore one does not see or hear about this whole feminism thing going on here like in Toronto.
No, the UK system is not necessarily fairer to men. The problem in Canada in family-law matters is men who do not retain lawyers who know how the system works. In my experience, Canadian women typically lawyer-up, while men try to handle things themselves. And the womens' lawyers--and I have been one myself--slice and dice the unrepresented mens' arguments. Note that I'm not saying that this is a good thing; it isn't. But as long as Canadian men do not lawyer-up in family law matters, it is going to be how things work. Canadian men--hire a lawyer to represent you!

Old 10-29-2016, 07:49 AM

800 posts, read 730,881 times
Toronto women expect you to do all the work when courting. Women of other places don't mind getting g the ball rolling or be nice to you even if they aren't attracted to you. I have this conversation with every guy from tor onto going somewhere else. Girls are flat out more approachable other places.

I find it funny how Klm didn't find that guy creepy even though he pursued her after he found out she was married. That's something that is creepy. Lol. He clearly just wanted to get in your pants.

That's one thing that different from people in Toronto and new York in general. They go after it if they want it. Women let you know they like you in new York and and don't try to hide it in toronto. Its the same for both genders. Like I said when yiu go somewhere else drop all the riddles and in directness. That is not appealing in other places. And why people find it easier to date other than toronto. Being up front and direct even to soneone you don't know. As clearly seen in Klm post. That canadian politeness doesn't bode well when it comes to dating. Boldness works better.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:49 AM

295 posts, read 264,106 times
Interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1y_ncJAaA

Old 10-29-2016, 11:34 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
What I was brought up to believe:

Something worthwhile is worth extra effort.

Something easy isn't as rewarding as something "earned".

If you prefer "easy" you're forever denying yourself the superlative.

Frequent "easy" experiences cheapen the experience to it's lowest common denominator.

In other words; stop vilifying a particular group of females because they make you work for it. Something to consider is Canadian women probably having a greater degree of self respect than what you're used to. They're choosy because they can be.

Just say'n.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:26 PM

287 posts, read 306,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Toronto women expect you to do all the work when courting. Women of other places don't mind getting g the ball rolling or be nice to you even if they aren't attracted to you. I have this conversation with every guy from tor onto going somewhere else. Girls are flat out more approachable other places.

I find it funny how Klm didn't find that guy creepy even though he pursued her after he found out she was married. That's something that is creepy. Lol. He clearly just wanted to get in your pants.

That's one thing that different from people in Toronto and new York in general. They go after it if they want it. Women let you know they like you in new York and and don't try to hide it in toronto. Its the same for both genders. Like I said when yiu go somewhere else drop all the riddles and in directness. That is not appealing in other places. And why people find it easier to date other than toronto. Being up front and direct even to soneone you don't know. As clearly seen in Klm post. That canadian politeness doesn't bode well when it comes to dating. Boldness works better.

Creepy indeed ...but somehow she highly recommends this guy to others, which is actually even creepier

Old 10-29-2016, 02:33 PM

800 posts, read 730,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
That's funny. I read some comments and its seems the majority agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto