Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:23 PM

162 posts, read 261,905 times

Advertisements

borregokid,

Tanque Verde is truly beautiful. Amazing views from every home.

It feels a bit far, though we are considering Rancho Sahuarita (some commute). I am warming up to the idea of being "in the middle of things". Did a bit of research within a 2 mile radius (my guess) around Sam Hughes and am happy. Catalina Pools, Rincon Market, Alan's Organics, Barnes and Noble, Drum Lessons, Classical Conversations, Passion Church... etc). So much we'd make use of on a daily basis! And one website said Sam Hughes is a "biker's paradise". Not sure if that's true, but it SOUNDS amazing. ) In pictures, it seems like sidewalks are optional.... so not sure how safe that is.

I just hope that there are enough kids in the Sam Hughes area to keep my daughter socially happy. She will eventually make friends through different activities, but having a "friend around the corner" is priceless.

Anyway, thanks so much. )

PS- the adobe I like is 2728 East 6th Street. What would you offer for this home? It is a short-sale, so the listing price doesn't accurately reflect what it is worth. My realtor said it was listed at 275 just 18 or so days ago.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:34 PM

Prodigal Native,

Does your name express that you left Tucson for awhile? If so, would love to hear more about that. (ie: Where you went and why you returned.... etc.) )

Anyway, thanks for the foodstore tips. I'm sure those places carry a lot of what my family cooks with!

Have a great day and thanks for the post!

Old 10-01-2014, 09:46 PM

jlawrence01,

Thank you for the commute input. I am no longer worried about the commute between Rancho and Meyers.

I am leaning more toward the UofA area now (Sam Hughes... etc)... but of course it all boils down to what is best for the whole fam. )

We love both locations, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. ) We will do quite a bit of driving while there.... and hopefully we'll get to see a lot of different options.

PS- what would you bid on 2728 East 6th Street? I am taking a survey. ) I love this adobe home and just found out today it's a short-sale (so the listing price is not necessarily market value). Anyway, I told my realtor that we want to see this home.

Thanks again for your time. )

Old 10-01-2014, 10:46 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving To Tucson View Post
jlawrence01,

Thank you for the commute input. I am no longer worried about the commute between Rancho and Meyers.

I am leaning more toward the UofA area now (Sam Hughes... etc)... but of course it all boils down to what is best for the whole fam. )

We love both locations, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. ) We will do quite a bit of driving while there.... and hopefully we'll get to see a lot of different options.

PS- what would you bid on 2728 East 6th Street? I am taking a survey. ) I love this adobe home and just found out today it's a short-sale (so the listing price is not necessarily market value). Anyway, I told my realtor that we want to see this home.

Your going to pay for the location. As far as I can see there is no garage and maybe a one car-carport. A two car garage would be very nice in Tucson with the amount of theft that goes on. I could show you a home with 700 more square feet and a two car garage within 100 feet of a year round heated pool less than five miles away for $40,000 less money with newer masonry construction. Its also located within two miles of Costco, and three miles of two Trader Joes, and dozens of restaurants.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:20 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:

Have you ever tried to buy a short sale? That is a six month odyssey in many cases as you have to wait for bank approval. If you have to get a move done and have children involved, it is a real headache.

I am terrible at evaluating real estate deals and really have no knowledge of the Tucson market outside of my little area of Green Valley.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:51 AM

borregokid,

Are you a realtor? If so, I have a realtor and am not ready to "jump ship". ) I thought about it for a few days because she said she doesn't handle rentals, and we will most likely start out renting. (Esp. if we go for a short-sale...) But I assume we can secure our own rental somewhat easily (without realtor assistance). Not sure, but that is the plan. )

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what it would cost to build a garage in the back. Is this "back alley" design common in AZ? I am not used to people being able to have access to an alley behind my home. It seems like it would promote crime, being so secluded back there. Cops don't cruise those, I assume.

Anyway, thanks so much for posting! And please feel free to send "neighborhood/community ideas" near Sam Hughes if any come to mind. My realtor recommends Catalina Vista. I was on mapquest last night looking at everything in detail (super enlarged - within a 2 mile radius of Sam Hughes). I now have a list of places and need to look them up individually. Not sure if there is an easier way to do that kind of "research". I'm not a techy... )

Thanks so much for your post. I appreciate your input.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:05 AM

2728 E Sixth already has an Active Capa which means someone has already made an offer on it. Most realtors dont like to mess around with short sales. Other offers can be made on the house though. Trouble with short sales they take up to six months of waiting time. This home is fairly priced though so if you did make an offer you would have to go full price.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
borregokid,

Are you a realtor? If so, I have a realtor and am not ready to "jump ship". ) I thought about it for a few days because she said she doesn't handle rentals, and we will most likely start out renting. (Esp. if we go for a short-sale...) But I assume we can secure our own rental somewhat easily (without realtor assistance). Not sure, but that is the plan. )

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what it would cost to build a garage in the back. Is this "back alley" design common in AZ? I am not used to people being able to have access to an alley behind my home. It seems like it would promote crime, being so secluded back there. Cops don't cruise those, I assume.

Anyway, thanks so much for posting! And please feel free to send "neighborhood/community ideas" near Sam Hughes if any come to mind. My realtor recommends Catalina Vista. I was on mapquest last night looking at everything in detail (super enlarged - within a 2 mile radius of Sam Hughes). I now have a list of places and need to look them up individually. Not sure if there is an easier way to do that kind of "research". I'm not a techy... )

Thanks so much for your post. I appreciate your input.
I am not a realtor but went through the process of buying so I did a little bit of looking around. I used Zillow and Tarmls.com. The Tucson Multiple listing service is updated everyday and thats what the realtors use. A lot of theft around Tucson thats why a garage is nice. Of course it needs to be locked or valuables chained up. For rentals I like Craigslist. There are a ton of listings with pictures.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:49 AM

jlawrence01,

Thanks for the input! We had one experience with a short-sale. Two banks were involved, and one bank wasn't happy with their share. They asked the other bank (the bigger bank) to give them 5K more... then 15K more when the bank refused. Funny situation... seeing the littler bank give the bigger bank some push-back. ) We backed out once 15K was announced.

I am not worried about trying for a short-sale again, though I know the process is tedious. Thanks for the warning. ) I will probably feel "less positive" later if/when back in the "short-sale" process, but that is life.

We actually bid on about 4 homes within the last 2 years and lost all of them. The first home we bidded on was flooded a month later by a hurricane, so we were happy to have lost it. Another was bought by an investor just before our bid was submitted. Another home we wanted turned into a bidding war (my realtor said to give up). And the last home was the short-sale. It was a difficult time for us.... but I have to say that I AM NOW A LOT MORE RELAXED/EASYGOING/LESS EMOTIONAL!!! ) A great feeling.

So a short-sale doesn't worry me. We'd just rent and take our time.... and not worry either way.

Anyway, I really appreciate your input. ) Thanks again.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:28 AM

borregokid,

My realtor plans to do a market analysis, but she thinks it may sell for "more" than the asking price. Not sure what "more" is, so she said I should research recent comparable sales. More homework... but it's all good. ) I assume 230/240 isn't unreasonable. Do you have an opinion?

Thanks for the "techy tools". Craigslist for rentals... who knew! Will look into it...

Thanks again and have a great day. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson