Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 01:12 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,286,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It bugged me that Anna's assault was being handled as more of a problem for Bates than for Anna. Also, Bates' characterization (that Anna pulled away and was afraid to tell him because of what he'd do) doesn't make him sound noble and protective as much as seem like he's a hair's breadth away from being dangerously unhinged.

Also, poor Moseley needs to catch a break. It's like every time he shows up they play that sad trombone music: Sad Trombone
I'm not sure its a problem for or with Bates. If she's sure he'll even the score then they should suspect he will. It does not bode well. But the attitude was that she should get over it, that it was over and it was time to move on. I wouldn't say Bates is in danger of becoming unhinged. I'd say whatever was on his mind at the end of the episode, it was to be careful and planned. I don't think he necessarily wishes to kill the man, just make sure he's paid back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 01:47 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,852,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I didn't recognize him, but according to a review I read this morning he's the guy who brought Pamuk to the house in season 1.

Yep.
Oh I though Edith was checking up on her boy friend , Doctor then

Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,225,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Oh I though Edith was checking up on her boy friend , Doctor then
That's what she told her family as to why she was going to London. Isn't that the same doctor Mary went to?

I'm so glad Anna's secret is out. I couldn't stand to watch Bates in agony anymore. Him stopping on the stairs to cry a little was beautifully done.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:51 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,852,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That's what she told her family as to why she was going to London. Isn't that the same doctor Mary went to?

I'm so glad Anna's secret is out. I couldn't stand to watch Bates in agony anymore. Him stopping on the stairs to cry a little was beautifully done.
He knows who did it, he'll get revenge somehow without telling Anna , can't imagine how Mary got that part she's a terrible actress , like the rest of the upstairs women.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

I need to watch the episode again, I missed that she was secretly seeing a doctor. I wonder if her last night was not exactly planned.

I was thinking back on when Bates was in prison. Remember the guard who was hassling him so much, and how he arrainged for him to be caught stealing? I think Bates will make sure her attacker is neutralized, but isn't going to do the deed himself. He learned a few things in prison.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,350,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I need to watch the episode again, I missed that she was secretly seeing a doctor. I wonder if her last night was not exactly planned.

I was thinking back on when Bates was in prison. Remember the guard who was hassling him so much, and how he arrainged for him to be caught stealing? I think Bates will make sure her attacker is neutralized, but isn't going to do the deed himself. He learned a few things in prison.
The scene where Edith entered a doctor's office was fast and quick. It immediately took us somewhere else.

No, the night with the boyfriend was not planned. At least she didn't plan it. I have no doubt that he did, though. Get her to sign unread documents and then seduce her. That is one bad man. He's a con man and now she may be pregnant. I wonder how they handled that back then. They probably sent the woman to visit Aunt Betty for nine months. She'll then return with a new cousin for Sibbie and George. I'm just guessing, of course. She was very concerned that she had not heard from Michael for quite a while. I am so scared, yes scared, about what she signed. At least she can't give away the manor property. At least, I hope she can't.

Good point about Bates learning something in prison. He could actually hire someone to beat the tar out of the attacker. I would love to see that happen.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
The scene where Edith entered a doctor's office was fast and quick. It immediately took us somewhere else.

No, the night with the boyfriend was not planned. At least she didn't plan it. I have no doubt that he did, though. Get her to sign unread documents and then seduce her. That is one bad man. He's a con man and now she may be pregnant. I wonder how they handled that back then. They probably sent the woman to visit Aunt Betty for nine months. She'll then return with a new cousin for Sibbie and George. I'm just guessing, of course. She was very concerned that she had not heard from Michael for quite a while. I am so scared, yes scared, about what she signed. At least she can't give away the manor property. At least, I hope she can't.

Good point about Bates learning something in prison. He could actually hire someone to beat the tar out of the attacker. I would love to see that happen.
I'm sure he did. Perhaps just incase she decided she should read them later. It's interesting she was hoping to get a letter and he hadn't written. I think he targeted her in the first place because of family contacts and that she was in reality so innocent. I hope she isn't pregnant. I wonder what the family would do if she was, perhaps sent her to visit some distant relative. I doubt the child would come home with her.

I know how they did it in the midwest usa. One of my great uncles was adopted. His parents moved from their usual home for a job, lived there a year, and came home with a surprise adopted baby. The whole family knew but nobody told him until he found out accidentally. But it was assumed he was from someone in the family. People tended to adopt within families over strangers.

I wonder just how far Bates would go, but he wouldn't have anything happen that would effect him or his wife. I don't think it impossible that he'd have him killed, but then something including total humilation would be very satisfying.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I don't understand why that new lady's maid has to tell Thomas anything. I gather he is blackmailing her somehow, but why can't she just say she didn't hear anything to report? It's not like he's subjecting her to torture or anything.

Did I miss the intro to this new character? Looks like she just suddenly appeared on the show. She does seem nice; wonder what she is hiding and what hold Thomas has over her.
She was mentioned but not yet hired the episode before after her predisor left. You kinda figured it has to be a setup based on who suggested her. Thomas knows that someone who gets to be accepted with lots of favors will work out well for him. Or he hopes....

Old 01-28-2014, 07:45 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,519,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post

I wondered which woman would get pregnant this season --- Anna, Edna, Rose, or Edith. I guessed Rose, but looking like Edith. I don't see the show going the abortion route, so I'll guess she has a very late miscarriage after deciding to keep the child or has the child and gives it to someone without admitting it's hers.

Bates is a hands-on, do it himself guy. He'll kill Green himself.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I wondered which woman would get pregnant this season --- Anna, Edna, Rose, or Edith. I guessed Rose, but looking like Edith. I don't see the show going the abortion route, so I'll guess she has a very late miscarriage after deciding to keep the child or has the child and gives it to someone without admitting it's hers.

Bates is a hands-on, do it himself guy. He'll kill Green himself.
I'm guessing Edith too, partly since in the list of likely to get pregnant until now she's been low on the list. I also wonder how it would work with the boyfriend, should he get his divorce, especially that Robert owes him something. Its odd that she hadn't heard anything from him.

I'm thinking Bates doesn't want to lose Anna now that she's come back to him. But he does wish to remove the guy. I think while he hides it well he's never quite lost the prison mentalty. He got rid of the guard by watching him and discovering he was pilfering and was watching when he got caught. He still wants to kill Green, but he'll do it in some careful way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV