Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,626,263 times

Advertisements

I am woman that does not cry easily, but JR's performance and his dialogue about being wounded in Iraq, touched my heart in many ways. He exhibits a 1,000 watt smile............And he is so resounding positive for someone that has gone through so much.....My heart goes out to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,669,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
I am woman that does not cry easily, but JR's performance and his dialogue about being wounded in Iraq, touched my heart in many ways. He exhibits a 1,000 watt smile............And he is so resounding positive for someone that has gone through so much.....My heart goes out to him.
Good post! Of course I totally AGREE! I'm a man...don't cry over too much, but tears poured as I watched JR and Karina dance so well.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,626,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
As Annie53 was, I'm sure...I've been waiting to see J.R. Martinez dance again, tonight. Just having watched his AMAZING, Poignant, beautiful performance, I...like the audience, am still wiping away the tears...being so moved by this man's touching dance.

He only got 26 points...but he was the best non-pro dancer, I HAVE EVER SEEN ON DWTS's!!!

Wow, what else can ya say?!

Oh...yes, Karina was brilliant too!
I, wholeheartly, agree with you. He received as much as the Kardashian guy, and I think, taking the fact that Mr. K is not such a great dancer, JR should have received more...........but again THE POWER OF HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:06 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,669,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
I, wholeheartly, agree with you. He received as much as the Kardashian guy, and I think, taking the fact that Mr. K is not such a great dancer, JR should have received more...........but again THE POWER OF HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!
Dear God in Heaven, I hope there is no 'prejudice' going on with the voting. - Oh please, NO!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,835,489 times
Chynna Phillips was awesome. Wow................ perfection
Her dancing and that song!!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,835,489 times
Carson's enthusiasm is contagious!! I love Team Anna/Carson!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,202,432 times
J'R' is a GOOD dancer....his STORY is an OUTSTANDING story and he is a TRUE American Hero deserving of every accolade.
He's is NOT the greatest dancer ever on DWTS.

Chynna is better
Ricki is better.[TRUE Ricki has prior dance experience] as do MOST classically trained actores.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
This is such an AWESOME night! So many good performances!!! I'm sure there wasnt a dry eye, in the audience there and at home, when JR told his story and danced. I think he deserved the highest score and was surprised that he didnt get a 30.
OMG, that was THE BEST DWTS show there has ever been!

I was crying buckets at the end of JR's performance and clapping like crazy at the tv. I thought for sure they would get a 30.

Quote:
Just tweeted this to J.R. -

@knowjr J.R...as a former athlete, injured, ended career, I HAVE NEVER BEEN AS 'MOVED' BY a Dance performance, as I was by yours tonight. = TEARS
Don't have the ability to Tweet, JR made me sorry about that for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Chynna Phillips was awesome. Wow................ perfection
Her dancing and that song!!!!
Isn't she just gorgeous? I didn't know she had gotten into alcohol because of her father. What a great story she told last night. John Phillips should be burning in Hell for all the lives he (tried) destroyed. Kudos to Michelle, Mackenzie and Chynna for turning all their lives around.

Quote:
Wasn't that the absolute best dance from Carson? I just loved it and burst out laughing at the end!

I can not believe Kardashian and others got higher scores than JR. They actually all were good but JR's performance should have been the top score of the night IMO.

Sad to say, IMO, Chaz should go home after last night. Solo, Carson, Nancy Grace, Kardashian, David Arquette, that is my pecking order after last night of who should go. Missing in my list are the contenders.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,611,646 times
Quote:
As Annie53 was, I'm sure...I've been waiting to see J.R. Martinez dance again, tonight. Just having watched his AMAZING, Poignant, beautiful performance, I...like the audience, am still wiping away the tears...being so moved by this man's touching dance.

He only got 26 points...but he was the best non-pro dancer, I HAVE EVER SEEN ON DWTS's!!!

Wow, what else can ya say?!

Oh...yes, Karina was brilliant too!
Oh my gosh; I was just flipping back and forth between shows and happened to catch his dance. I'm so glad I did.

Very moving - I can't think of ONE TIME that I have ever cried while watching DWTS until last night.

It was beautiful.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:37 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,518,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
J'R' is a GOOD dancer....He's is NOT the greatest dancer ever on DWTS. Chynna is better... Ricki is better.
Sadly, I have to agree with you. I know JR isnt the best dancer ever, and maybe not even this season -- but the best dancer doesnt always win. Mario Lopez and Emmitt Smith were in the finals on Season 3; Mario was the better dancer but Emmitt won (and, oh boy, was Mario a sore loser.) It's expected that people will vote for their favorites and that's why the best dancer isnt always expected to win.

Quote:
I always loved Carson on "Qu33r Eye for the Straight Guy" and was happy to read that he'd signed up for DWTS. He's such a crowd-pleaser. I'm going to enjoy watching his performance again tonight. (I always watch the one-hour repeat that precedes the results show.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Sad to say, IMO, Chaz should go home after last night. Solo, Carson, Nancy Grace, Kardashian, David Arquette, that is my pecking order after last night of who should go. Missing in my list are the contenders.
Sadly, again, I agree about Chaz going home tonight --based on his performance. And I pretty much agree with your order of who should go home too. But, again, so much depends on the voting. I wouldnt be surprised to see Hope Solo going home tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV