Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,461,394 times

Advertisements

You're right again, Pippy. I worded that so badly and I apologize again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 09:44 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,808,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
You're right again, Pippy. I worded that so badly and I apologize again.

it's cool........................words on the internet are oftentimes taken different than intended.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:56 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,347,560 times
The first episode this year I picked J.R. to win. I just think he is a fabulous dancer. He's graceful while being masculine. He has such a good time and that lets us have a good time.

I am so impressed with Rikki Lake. Tonight's dance to the Theme from Psycho was amazing. The choreography was sensational.

Carson just cracks me up. He's funny without being offensive.

I want Rob to do well because I can't tolerate the women in his family.

I want Chaz to do well because I think he has a lot of grit and I think it's wonderful that Cher was in the audience. I love looking at her. Mary, his step-mother was there, too. I think that is so cool.

I've enjoyed seeing another side of Nancy Grace....one where she is not yelling and talking over everyone. She's really funny but I don't enjoy her dancing at all but her partner is sure cute. He looks and sounds like he just arrived from Dublin.

There are a lot more dancers that I care about this time around. I like that.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:39 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Am I watching the same dancers as the judges? Kardashian gets oohed and ahhed at and he's soooo good???

Nancy Grace looked lovely last night. She's lost lots of weight and inches but I'm still not thrilled with her dancing.

Hope Solo's okay but lacks something. Charissma, maybe?

Chaz did well last night. I noticed he was not as sweaty nor out of breath as much as he used to be. Momma sure was proud of her child, wasn't she?

I think it's going to come down to Rickki, JR and Kardashian.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,607,292 times
I'm hoping Chaz and Nancy are next to go - they're both pretty rotten. Chaz barely seems to be trying, IMO.

After that, I'd probably choose David Arquette, and then Hope, Carson, Kardashian in no particular order. All of them are likable and seem to be trying but someone's gotta go and I'm pinning my hopes on my top three favorites...

Ricky, Chyna, and JR. - Probably Ricky and JR for the top spots. I felt so bad for Chyna bombing like that last night - and the thing is, although it was a bomb for her she still did far better than many stars there ever do.

Derek's choreography blew me away last night - especially to such difficult music (glad they kept his comment about that in the clip). What a talented guy he is and seems to be a wonderful partner/teacher as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:55 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,477,899 times
Watching the expression on Cher's face as she watched Chaz recieve the judges comments was great for me. Her look of pride and support was just so touching. She wasn't a big time movie/singing star; just a mom cheering on her kid.

I always did like her.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:31 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,240,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Watching the expression on Cher's face as she watched Chaz recieve the judges comments was great for me. Her look of pride and support was just so touching. She wasn't a big time movie/singing star; just a mom cheering on her kid.

I always did like her.
I agree. It did-the-heart-good to see Cher the Mom.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think Chaz sounds just like Sonny.
Yes. I think Chaz looks like Sonny, too.

I find it so strange that nobody knows how the votes are blended.
I would think the show would be more open about it.
There have been times when the judges seemed to be honestly surprised at the final results, and I thought that the judges were counted as half and audience votes were the other half.

Frankly, I don't think Cher for one moment forgot that there were cameras and that they would be centered upon her several times during the show. Nothing bad about that. I like her, but I would expect nothing else from a professional.

Last edited by goldengrain; 10-11-2011 at 06:22 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,607,292 times
Blech - Susan Boyle butchered a good song (IMO)

Looking forward to seeing Julianne Huff dancing tonight.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,808,968 times
if anyone---anyone ever had doubts as to whether this is a popularity contest---tonight's elimination confirmed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV