Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,472,012 times

Advertisements

And here is another awesome paso doble that he performed in the previous season. This was so memorable, both for the movements and the attire!

Joanna Krupa & Derek Hough Futuristic Paso Doble - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 11:10 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,486,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you make valid points,IMHO.
Nancy Grace and Chaz definitely are not good dancers,are not improving from week to week but obviously have a fan base.
I've said it before (many,many,many,many times; as have others)and we will again--This has never been a true dance contest but an entertainment show with the results based on emotions and fan base.
After last night's elimination of Kristin Cavallari, I agree. I don't believe she deserved to go. I had actually thought it was a real dance contest like they show on the PBS ballroom competitions but I realize now it isn't that at all.

It's fun watching the contestants trying their best to learn and get better but in the end, it would appear that much of it is a popularity contest.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,989,731 times
It was the most horrible elimination ever on a reality show. Even more shocking than when that really hot chick (who btw was the BEST singer) got eliminated on American Idol last year. Im telling you, its a case of people voting for who is most like them instead of voting for the best dancer.

Even though I want Riki Lake to win, I have to say that Cavallari WAS the best dancer. Im telling you, pretty girls really have no chance of winning shows like this because I believe the majority of the voters are women who grew up hating the "pretty girls". Bet there were a lot of ugly fat chicks celebrating when Kristen was voted off.

Formats of these types of shows should be vote for who should be eliminated, NOT for who is your favorite. That, AND the judges should also have a LOT more say as well.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 AM

861 posts, read 1,125,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
It was the most horrible elimination ever on a reality show. Even more shocking than when that really hot chick (who btw was the BEST singer) got eliminated on American Idol last year. Im telling you, its a case of people voting for who is most like them instead of voting for the best dancer.

Even though I want Riki Lake to win, I have to say that Cavallari WAS the best dancer. Im telling you, pretty girls really have no chance of winning shows like this because I believe the majority of the voters are women who grew up hating the "pretty girls". Bet there were a lot of ugly fat chicks celebrating when Kristen was voted off.

Formats of these types of shows should be vote for who should be eliminated, NOT for who is your favorite. That, AND the judges should also have a LOT more say as well.
Because kristen sucks, she can't dance....no one is hating

Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Tzu MindFul View Post
It was the most horrible elimination ever on a reality show. Even more shocking than when that really hot chick (who btw was the BEST singer) got eliminated on American Idol last year. I'm telling you, its a case of people voting for who is most like them instead of voting for the best dancer.

Even though I want Riki Lake to win, I have to say that Cavallari WAS the best dancer. I'm telling you, pretty girls really have no chance of winning shows like this because I believe the majority of the voters are women who grew up hating the "pretty girls". Bet there were a lot of ugly fat chicks celebrating when Kristen was voted off.

I am certain not that is not true.

Jennifer Grey and Kristi Yamaguchi won and I think they are pretty. They are definitely not overweight. BTW, I am overweight and I think Kristin Cavallari should not have been voted off.

And I want Chyna for the win.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:11 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,411,384 times
Quote:

Wow. OK, where do I start.
If you're talking about Pia on AI, she was boring and that's why she got eliminated. Not because she was hot.

I don't agree that Cavallari was the best dancer. I would allow that she looked the best in her costumes.

Pretty girls that have won in the past:
Kelly Monaco
Kristi Yamaguchi
Brooke Burke
Shawn Johnson
Nicole Scherzinger
Jennifer Grey

And the 'ugly fat chicks' comment was just rude.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM

18,483 posts, read 31,688,256 times
I am sorry, but Chaz is a terrible dancer and is repulsive to look at, let alone dancing on a stage. It is painful to watch. While I like Chaz person wise, the dancing on the TV is just horiffic.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I am sorry, but Chaz is a terrible dancer and is repulsive to look at, let alone dancing on a stage. It is painful to watch. While I like Chaz person wise, the dancing on the TV is just horiffic.
I have to agree about the dancing. I think he is having more and more difficulty because his dancing doesn't seem to have improved. But I do not think he is repulsive to look at.

To add a bit to another post about who he resembles. I always thought he looked a bit like Sonny.

But then my older sister and I always used to tease our younger sister that her dad was the milkman or the mailman because she doesn't look even remotely like anyone else in our family.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:28 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,666,007 times
Quote:

No, Cavallari was NOT the best! But I agree with most of the rest of your post. Last night's elimination of Kristen and Mark is appalling and proves DWTS's has NO CREDIBILITY as a honest judgement of who are the best dancers! -

J.R. brings Elegance to the dance floor. That is rare. So glad to see him.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,472,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Last night's elimination of Kristen and Mark is appalling and proves DWTS's has NO CREDIBILITY as a honest judgement of who are the best dancers!
Omygosh...how many times do you have to be advised that DWTS does NOT claim to judge or award the best dancer.

Sometimes I think CD should be re-named OCD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV