Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,647,189 times

Advertisements

Why in world did Charlie suicide himself, not only with horrible cover of "Mama" by Genesis but totally changing his look. He said he was venting More like going thru the washer and out the dryer vent.

I like Cortez, and I thought judges was more critiquing his look more than his performance. I like he chose a fun song "Locked Out of Heaven" as all the ballads are boring back to back. Catchy songs are more memorable.
His look wasnt as bad as Burnell was as his sloppy hat backwards with a button down just didnt work and was distracting.

I like Devin and he dies transition between two languages but to me I would prefer stick with one language instead half and half or just do one verse or chorus in Spanish.
I blame me and doubt I would go to a concert of his as I wouldnt understand the lyrics.

Curtis reminds me of someone I think from last season who made it to top five doing gospel but cant remember who.

I thought Lazaro was best singer last night and I voted for him judging by phone log 43 times. I alternated between him and Nick who I voted 69 times as I felt Lazaro will make it and Nick needed help.

The top five guys I see is Lazaro, Curtis, Nick, Devin. The fith probably be Elijah but I want Paul Jolley.
Is Idol only doing top 20 instead of 24. Kinda bites so many going home tonight.

Something I forgot to mention on my Girls review. It was hard for me to judge Angela cover of Colton Dixon song "Never Gone". I understand the song probably property of Idol but this song written by Colton is on his current album, and I own the CD. I had Colton voice in my head when she sung it.
I dont know if Idol releasing these on Mp3's yet but seems that would effect his new album sales.
At least she pointed out something mention in this thread about she might peak to soon, maybe she reads this thread.

It tempting to download the AI app just for the voting, I dont need that other stuff. If I did then I wouldnt bother with phone voting. 50 votes then one click and done.
Im very picky or paranoid about apps I put on my phone so Ill stick with phone calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM

17,587 posts, read 39,303,859 times
That "performance" by Charlie last night was really, really awful in every possible way. Don't know what he was thinking..... apparently he wasn't.

I enjoyed a lot of the guys last night. I like Lazaro, the Spanish singer (Devin?) and a couple others that unfortunately don't remember their names or what they sang (I haven't watched this show much until now, so not familiar with everyone). I think one is Burnell - loved him! Sorry, I can't stand anything about Curtis - they have one like him every year.

Sadly, I missed the show with the girls, didn't realize it was on Tuesday night this week.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:10 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,829,192 times
Smile Now it is getting fun!

First of all we have to mention Zonette's outfit...OMG!

Curtis is reminding some of you of Joshua Ledet from last year. I think he finished top 3. I did love Joshua and voted for him a lot but I do love Gospel type music. Joshua was soooo sweet!

My top 5 girls are: #1 is Amber. WOW oh WOW! Who can sing Whitney?....SHE CAN! I was almost crying! Then...Aubrey, Angie, Candice, and Kree. I am a huge country music fan, but for some reason I don't connnect with Janelle but I am fine if she makes top 5 but I think the others are better singers. Wasn't Angela, Angela and now she is called Angie?

Angela/Angie is the total package looks, plays piano, writes music, sings but in terms of voice I think Amber can blow her out of the water so the next few weeks will be epic. I love that Amber was so calm and delivered with no effort...WOW!

My top 5 guys are: Curtis and Devin. That is it. Really I would have wanted more girls and less guys. I do like a gospel style voice and Curtis delivers big time! Devin is unique. The rest...meh. Charlie = hot mess like Zonette. They were both on "Vote for the Worst".

My number #1 judge... Keith! Love him! I do think Nicky is taking on the Simon role. Sort of a psycho Simon. Can be very good at times and just wacko other times.

Last edited by happyinca; 03-07-2013 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM

17,587 posts, read 39,303,859 times
YAAAAY!! All my faves got in!

Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,150,282 times
Ok, I slacked on on my Voice Lover/Idol Hater attitude and peeked in the last couple of nights (every body else is in re-runs) so this is what I have to say, absent a major blow-up, the dudes don't stand a chance.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:15 PM

Im happy with results too. Only one girl I thought was real good but then one of the others wouldnt have made it. Wished she was sent home in Vegas so she could try out again next year.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,402,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
First of all we have to mention Zonette's outfit...OMG!

Curtis is reminding some of you of Joshua Ledet from last year. I think he finished top 3. I did love Joshua and voted for him a lot but I do love Gospel type music. Joshua was soooo sweet!

My top 5 girls are: #1 is Amber. WOW oh WOW! Who can sing Whitney?....SHE CAN! I was almost crying! Then...Aubrey, Angie, Candice, and Kree. I am a huge country music fan, but for some reason I don't connnect with Janelle but I am fine if she makes top 5 but I think the others are better singers. Wasn't Angela, Angela and now she is called Angie?

Angela/Angie is the total package looks, plays piano, writes music, sings but in terms of voice I think Amber can blow her out of the water so the next few weeks will be epic. I love that Amber was so calm and delivered with no effort...WOW!

My top 5 guys are: Curtis and Devin. That is it. Really I would have wanted more girls and less guys. I do like a gospel style voice and Curtis delivers big time! Devin is unique. The rest...meh. Charlie = hot mess like Zonette. They were both on "Vote for the Worst".

My number #1 judge... Keith! Love him! I do think Nicky is taking on the Simon role. Sort of a psycho Simon. Can be very good at times and just wacko other times.
Agree on the above. The women are so much stronger this time. I predict we'll have a top three of women. Angie and Candice are amazing. Candice reminds me of Queen Latifah and Angie reminds me of Kelly Clarkson. Amber is strong, Aubrey is strong. Janelle has the most consistent tone and vocalization. Her control was perfect. No bad notes.

Zonette - she had a good Tina Turner imitation for a club, but she's not right for this competition. There are too many better than her. My sense is they will not keep her around because she'd be hard to turn into a star.

Agree on Keith - him crying during his critique just endeared him even more to me. He really is a sweetie and I LOVE LOVE LOVE his music. He has enough country hits, rock hits and country rock hits to be a crossover. A lot of people who tell me they hate country music are surprised that they have heard his songs and didn't realize he's a country singer.

I must say, I really like the way they are doing the top five tonight. Instead of that horrid, miserable deal where people are standing on stage and then told they aren't in the top and they slink off to the background. This is less painful. The "unchosen" get to stay in the back room and commiserate with each other for a bit before being brought up front for a final recognition.

And, as we've said every year - it ain't bad being in the top 20. You get more than your 15 minutes of fame, and forever you get to say, "I hugged [Mariah, Nicki, Keith Urban...!] "

Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 PM

I would like to see Candice and Curtis do a duet together. This late summer or fall my partner and I need to check out her home town that has to be beautiful. saint helena south carolina

She my favorite on girls side.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,591,962 times
So in love with Lazaro!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,415,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I must say, I really like the way they are doing the top five tonight. Instead of that horrid, miserable deal where people are standing on stage and then told they aren't in the top and they slink off to the background. This is less painful. The "unchosen" get to stay in the back room and commiserate with each other for a bit before being brought up front for a final recognition.
I totally agree. In fact they have changed a lot of things around for the better. No more waiting in 4 rooms and hearing people cheering in another room. No more looonnnnggggg walk through some warehouse to the three judges, and thank goodness no more picking their own groups. It's tighter and kinder now. Kudos to whoever made those changes.

And before I sign off . . . *Happy Dance* my girl Kree made it through!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV