Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,415,935 times

Advertisements

That Zonette chick is driving me nuts. I could see her in practically every shot, boing-boing-boinging around in the background like she'd lost her mind. Shut up and sit down already!
I'm also starting to doubt her escaped-from-war-torn-Liberia story But I'm cynical that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,402,353 times
I think Zonette has a couple of choices. Start taking medication, or get off the meds she's on now.

But seriously, if she does get a bit more focused, she can sure sing. Probably not going to make it.

None of the contestants are really artists that I would follow from here. Sure, a couple of the women can be pretty good, and will do well in a small way. Thousands of singers do make their living, whether they are top 100 or not.

This show will have to have a total remake if they ever want to attract the type of talent that makes for true stars.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 AM

17,588 posts, read 39,311,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees1212 View Post
I only watched parts of the show, but the only judge I take seriously is Keith Urban. Good comments and seems like a nice guy.
I agree (but I think Mariah is pretty good too). Keith is not only a fantastic human being, he is almost a musical prodigy who can play the heck out of guitar and several other instruments. He is by far the most talented person on that panel. I love Keith and his music.

Nikki is just so weird sometimes. I thought she was kind of mean to a couple guys last night - is she the new Simon? LOL It annoys me how she constantly sits there and "preens" while she judges! I think she is going to wear on me as this show goes on.

Lazaro was probably my fave last night, but I liked one of the other "soul singer" guys too, (sorry, don't know his name.) Overall this show is not getting the same level of talent as "The Voice", and it is nowhere near as entertaining as The voice. I feel so much more energized watching Voice than Idol anymore.

As far as any of them making it "big", well as the poster above said, many will have smaller careers which is probably enough to make them happy. Superstars just have an "X" factor that most people don't have even if talented. The only two really big stars after all these years of Idol (plus the other talent shows) are Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. A handful of others have also had pretty successful careers (Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry and a few more) but by and large most have faded into obscurity, including some past winners (anyone still remember Lee DeWyze? )

Lastly, that crazy Zoanette needs to go NOW. I hope she is the first to be voted off. Can't stand ANYTHING about her, and she drives me nuts! LOL!!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,277,937 times
Fox can't be too happy with the ratings. AI still leads in viewership overall; but, for the first time "Modern Family" beat AI in the coveted 18-49 age group.
I agree with other posters. Zoanette needs to be sent home. Why was the camera continually focusing on her jumping up and down while the guys were performing? She needs to realize she can't alway be the center of attention.
Nicki was just downright mean last night, and I wish she would stop flipping her wig. I mean that in more than one way. I'm not a country music fan, but I really like Keith Urban's personality. He is the most knowledgeable on the panel with his critiques. I'll get a couple of his albums from the library to give him a fair chance. Mariah is worthless as a judge. I'm sick of hearing about her emotions.
Did anyone notice after the commercial break on Wednesday Randy preening with Nicki's mirror? Ryan told him he looked fine. LOL
It's obvious Uncle Nigel has decided a girl will win. Twenty guys should compete against one another and the same with the girls. I was not impressed with any of the guys last night.

After Latest Ratings Flop, 'American Idol' Is In Real Trouble - Forbes

Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,583,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1 View Post
Mariah's cleavage looks really weird.
That's because they're fake and she gained a ton of weight.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 PM

5,354 posts, read 8,587,526 times
There are two contestants that make me want to watch this season: Zonette and the black guy who wore thick black-rimmed glasses this week - that guy has a killer voice.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,534,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
There are two contestants that make me want to watch this season: Zonette and the black guy who wore thick black-rimmed glasses this week - that guy has a killer voice.
I haven't watched this year, but will tape next week's show to check out the top 20.

Vote For The Worst loves Zoanette.

VFTW says all white guys with guitars were sent home and they're doing everything they can do get a woman winner this year.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,653,782 times
Ok, cool I really like the judge panel they each are showing there own opinion and I don't as of yet trying to influence way America should vote.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,453,399 times
I had three favorites but Nicki telling the one girl from Alaska that she needed to leave now and come back next year after she had heard the last two contestants was a bit harsh.

I kind of agree but she shouldn't have said it. The same could have been said for a couple of the others who came before those but the few that sounded really good had not been heard yet, so the comment couldn't be made.

At any rate, it shouldn't have been made, imo. Maybe something more on the lines of if America votes you through, you are going to really need to step it up may have been better...

Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 AM

632 posts, read 1,034,252 times
Kree and the black islander girl (cant remember her name) are by far the best. The two pretty girls are a step below them.

I despise country music. Hate it. But I know talent and Kree is definitely talented and IMO, could be bigger than anyone else in country music.

I didnt know much about Nikki Minaj before seeing her on this show, but WOW is she a GREAT judge. I think she's actually better than Simon. Not only is she entertaining, she gives frank and honest feedback on the performances. A.I. needs to throw whatever amount of money it takes to make sure she's back next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV