Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 06:51 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,311,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Worst season yet for me. Not a fan of the judges or the performers. I think it's time to put this show out of it's misery
I haven't watched this year except a coupe of times. I think the judges have ruined this season. I hope they get some people in there that aren't continuously trying to upstage the competitors. I'm embarrassed
for Nikki and Mariah...seriously folks, this is supposed to be about the competitors. Sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 07:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,647,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I haven't watched this year except a coupe of times. I think the judges have ruined this season. I hope they get some people in there that aren't continuously trying to upstage the competitors. I'm embarrassed
for Nikki and Mariah...seriously folks, this is supposed to be about the competitors. Sad!
I take it you havent watch beyond auditions or at all.

This season is actually the judging is great during Vegas week, each of them are giving positive coaching.

It good Nicki and Mariah have difference of opinion as they are selecting some awesome talent.

I really feel there most of the top 10 will get record deals something you dont hear about with other singing shows.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM

This rainy day had me think of this song off Johnny Keyser album he release last Spring produced by Bryan Lenox. I hope his short term exposure will boost sales for him and he should at this point market him self to record company just his range my limit that.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 PM

AUBREY IS MY NEW FAVORITE!!.

omg, she was amazing with her Beyonce cover. I am so torn on who I am voting for but definitely buying her music.
That dress she had on was fierce too.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:45 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,047,950 times
I've changed my mind on the judges - I actually like them all - even Nicky and I'm amazed that Mariah shows so much tact & kindness. In the beginning I thought - egads.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,463,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

This rainy day had me think of this song off Johnny Keyser album he release last Spring produced by Bryan Lenox. I hope his short term exposure will boost sales for him and he should at this point market him self to record company just his range my limit that.

That was awful. Could he have made any weirder faces? ::shudder::

Haven't watched tonight's show yet. The girls this year absolutely crush the boys.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 AM

5,319 posts, read 9,006,546 times
Last night, it did seem like the judges did a good job picking the 5 girls from last nights 10.

Initially I assumed Zoanette would be dropped, but after her performance last night, I can see why the judges decided to keep her.

Zoanette may not look like a typical American Idol ... with her wild bright colored hair (wig?), but she definitely can sing. She really commands the stage. Now I understand why she dresses like she does, having been born in Liberia, North Africa.

That song Breanna did was really surprising for a family show ("I'll Bust Your Windows Out Your Car"), but she did pull it off.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,311,828 times
Quote:
I take it you havent watch beyond auditions or at all.

This season is actually the judging is great during Vegas week, each of them are giving positive coaching.

It good Nicki and Mariah have difference of opinion as they are selecting some awesome talent.

I really feel there most of the top 10 will get record deals something you dont hear about with other singing shows.
I did catch a bit of last nights show. I agree, it seems the judges have toned down the biting comments to each other. Glad to see that. There are some talented people on the show, and they deserve the limelight.
As I said in previous posts, I haven't watched the whole season, because the first few episodes there was just too much cat fighting among the female judges. I have to wonder how many more past regular viewers made the same choice. Thanks for the updates.

Last edited by JanND; 02-28-2013 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 AM

17,587 posts, read 39,303,859 times
Quote:
AUBREY IS MY NEW FAVORITE!!.

omg, she was amazing with her Beyonce cover. I am so torn on who I am voting for but definitely buying her music.
That dress she had on was fierce too.
I agree! She was my favorite of the night.

A couple of the girls I was sorry to see go, like the one who played the piano and the country girl they sent home instead of Janelle.

I am NOT a fan of Zoanette. I cannot stand that style of oversinging, where someone just "blats" out every note at the top of their lungs just because they can. No thanks. I prefer some restraint and control.

So, hopefully there will be some better guys tonight than last week!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,449,731 times
I am enjoying the season.. Zonette kinda weirds me out but I do think she would be great in the theatrical sense.

IS RANDY JACKSON WEARING SKINNY JEANS?!?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV