Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:50 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,270,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I wonder what Snagglepuss is up to these days?

He exited - stage left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 10:55 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,636,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
He exited - stage left.
Even!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,636,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I'd add Speed Buggy to that list, "rrrooom a zoom zoom"
I was explaining to my wife one day about several of these cartoons and I got tired of naming all the characters so I just started saying "it was Scooby Doo, with a talking car. It was Scooby Doo with a talking shark." And so forth.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:18 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
Disney XD is REALLY good for cartoons. Disney Channel dumped Phineas & Ferb onto it (baring specials,) Wander Over Yonder (a really silly show that debuted on Disney Channel and was dumped onto XD after 10 or so episodes,) Gravity Falls was moved to XD for their second season (it started on Disney Channel,) there's the new 7D (a Seven Dwarfs based show,) then you have the Marvel Animation block with Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman (not exactly my cup of tea as it is smarky) and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
Spoiler
I did hear of a rumored Guardians of the Galaxy animated series which in my opinion is a good thing based on past appearances in Marvel Animation series from the Marvel Animation panel at Comic Con.

Not to sound like a Disney fanboy but you do have Adventure Time, Regular Show, Teen Titans Go! on Cartoon Network. Now it isn't as good as say Dexter's Laboratory, Cow & Chicken and Space Ghost Coast to Coast like 90's Cartoon Network, but it is still relevant. Nickelodeon does have a Ninja Turtle show (which is WAY TOO funny for my liking (and I grew up on the 80's series)) as well as Fairly Oddparents and Sponge Bob which IMO those series are past their prime. So animation isn't dead, it's just migrated to cable. Sadly we don't see many of the old Bugs Bunny style animation anymore. The closest are the Mickey Mouse shorts.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:21 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,349,558 times
I most especially miss Schoolhouse Rock! That was a Saturday Morning staple! It's how I learned my multiplication.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:24 PM

17,638 posts, read 17,737,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Disney XD is REALLY good for cartoons. Disney Channel dumped Phineas & Ferb onto it (baring specials,) Wander Over Yonder (a really silly show that debuted on Disney Channel and was dumped onto XD after 10 or so episodes,) Gravity Falls was moved to XD for their second season (it started on Disney Channel,) there's the new 7D (a Seven Dwarfs based show,) then you have the Marvel Animation block with Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman (not exactly my cup of tea as it is smarky) and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
Spoiler
I did hear of a rumored Guardians of the Galaxy animated series which in my opinion is a good thing based on past appearances in Marvel Animation series from the Marvel Animation panel at Comic Con.

Not to sound like a Disney fanboy but you do have Adventure Time, Regular Show, Teen Titans Go! on Cartoon Network. Now it isn't as good as say Dexter's Laboratory, Cow & Chicken and Space Ghost Coast to Coast like 90's Cartoon Network, but it is still relevant. Nickelodeon does have a Ninja Turtle show (which is WAY TOO funny for my liking (and I grew up on the 80's series)) as well as Fairly Oddparents and Sponge Bob which IMO those series are past their prime. So animation isn't dead, it's just migrated to cable. Sadly we don't see many of the old Bugs Bunny style animation anymore. The closest are the Mickey Mouse shorts.
But those you listed on cartoon network are the ones I was referring to bas having elementary school art and writing.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
But those you listed on cartoon network are the ones I was referring to bas having elementary school art and writing.
Adventure Time (my most knowledgeable Cartoon Network non-Adult Swim program) is but it works in the context of the show to be fair. Personally the best looking cartoons today are Family Guy, Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls and the Marvel shows.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:18 PM

17,638 posts, read 17,737,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Adventure Time (my most knowledgeable Cartoon Network non-Adult Swim program) is but it works in the context of the show to be fair. Personally the best looking cartoons today are Family Guy, Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls and the Marvel shows.
Go to Nick.com and check out Legend of Korea. It takes place a few decades after the death of Avatar Ang, the last Airbender. It got off to a slow start, but it's kicked up.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Go to Nick.com and check out Legend of Korea. It takes place a few decades after the death of Avatar Ang, the last Airbender. It got off to a slow start, but it's kicked up.
Yeah I heard how great it is but now by the time I heard great things about it, it's announced Nick wont continue past book (season) 3.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:19 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,871,655 times
One of the best Saturday Morning Cartoons was Reboot. I loved that show! It was just so intense. At least it was intense viewed as a kid. I'd love to go back and look at that series now that i'm an adult and see if it holds up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV