Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 11:43 AM

3,988 posts, read 5,021,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
There's also a school of thought that says Keith is playing a great game. He comes in with a tremendous disadvantage, as an older male (who is neither a firefighter nor silvery-haired studly), a breed that has often shown itself prone to trying to boss the millennials around. That usually gets them voted out, what we might call BB'ed, and for reasons I can understand: even if they're right, they make themselves early targets by being grumpy irritants. Far as I can tell, Keith hasn't gotten on anyone's nerves, and it's gotten him to the midgame. He doesn't seem to be in anyone's cross-hairs.

Then again, I am not a floater hater, one bit. I think floating can be an excellent strategy, and for some, the best strategy. Floaters don't entertain us with their big moves, and if they never make any, the jury may fault them in the end for not having made any. They rarely come up with the final Tribal speech they should, which is to own the strategy and claim that some of the biggest moves are the ones one doesn't make, that alienate people and may not pan out, and that if big moves were more important than having good relationships, Russell Hantz would probably have won twice--and he didn't.
I'm not a floater hater either and I completely agree about Keith. Some people really think he's stupid and doesn't know how to play the game. Since when has there been a manual with exact rules? Who's to say which way is best?

Some folks do think making big moves to get out strong players is the only way they can show the jury at the end that they should win. Others think if they don't make a splash and remain loyal that they should win because of that.

I think it really depends on your personality and attitude. I liked Savage fine but he just couldn't let the chips fall where they may...he HAD to weigh in...being so opinionated can often get you booted. And ever since he mentioned that Cierra should take the hit, he's been in her sights. He really should've known. No one likes to be told what to do...no one likes to be bossed around by someone who thinks you should play their game so THEY can win.

I'm all about the Keith Train! He's amenable, a strong competitor, a likeable guy. Just because some don't like how he talks doesn't mean he has nothing going on upstairs. Truthfully, I get this kind of guy. He makes perfect sense to me and I truly hope he makes it all the way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 11:56 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Well we know the votes are arranged by Jeff so yeah I'm sure they allowed him to do so after the Idol was played.

Now that one has been played, I'd guess one will be back for re-distribution. Will they just hide one now or still be placing a clue out there? No sense in the idol being picked up in the immunity challenge now since it's individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Well we know the votes are arranged by Jeff so yeah I'm sure they allowed him to do so after the Idol was played.
The producers know who has idols so Jeff could have stacked the votes the way he read them IN CASE Wentworth played the idol. He is aware I'm sure of what is going on around camp whose name is being tossed around etc.

I don't think they paused the taping them stacked the votes.

Also I know I left reps thanking folks for explanations but I still don't ever recall Survivor using the term DR/Diary Room. So that must be a term from Big Brother or Amazing Race which we don't watch either of those. Now I understand it, I think Survivor uses cameos or something like that since there are no rooms in the outdoors.

I like Keith's game play remain low, let all like me, be helpful to all around camp, go along with the majority then kick butt in II challenges.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,484,276 times
I never heard of the term "DR" either. But "Survivor" is the only show of its type I watch so I figured it was taken from another show.

I agree about Keith. Sometimes not playing the game is playing the game and Keith is doing a good job of it especially when we look at some of those who had been playing the game very intensely and where they are now.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:27 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,253,403 times
I always heard the term "Diary Room" used on the Real World on MTV back in the day ... they used to say stuff about it going to the "Diary Room" ... maybe that's where it was picked up from.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:50 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,476,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I'm all about the Keith Train! He's amenable, a strong competitor, a likeable guy. Just because some don't like how he talks doesn't mean he has nothing going on upstairs. Truthfully, I get this kind of guy. He makes perfect sense to me and I truly hope he makes it all the way!
Those of us who drawl are well used to people thinking it means we're stupid. Ah have a lotta fun with it, because in real lahf Ah kahnda sound lahk this. At least, when I choose to lapse into it, or am tired, or drunk, or have some ulterior motive (such as I would like to be underestimated, or I want to sound menacing). I think it'd be hilarious if the season's Cletus took home the money.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:07 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,420,212 times
Savage explains why they didn't split the votes. Also he says someone tipped off Wentworth. Does that mean what Joe said to her and Ciera? I didn't think that was a tip-off. And if someone did tell her, we should've seen that!

10 Things Andrew Savage Wants You To Know Following His Second Chance Send-Off - Page 11 - Survivor Photos - CBS.com

Old 11-13-2015, 02:11 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,455,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I do remember them briefly discussing splitting the votes and nixing it. I don't know WHY though -- they had the numbers to do it and they're all Survivor-savvy enough to know that somebody might have an idol! That was really a big miss.

Fishbach looks very weird to me and I've decided he has had a really bad nose job. His nose is flat and doesn't fit his face at all. He's weasely to me, anyway.

Ciera ought to take her eye-rolling abilities to America's Got Talent.

This "one big prematurely-merged tribe" IS kind of fun in that the dynamics keep changing.

REALLY do not want Joe to go. He IS a pretty boy but dang, he's so cute, and seems pretty humble.

Yeah, Keith might be playing a good game if you consider a good game one in which you can't grasp the complexities of strategy so you just play along and try not to p*ss anyone off. He looks like a deer in the headlights every time one of them starts running the numbers.
I think 18 Spencers would lead to a very boring season. I find Keith's randomness absolutely hilarious.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,812,593 times
wow--per Savage, " Fans can expect the second half of the season to be truly epic. There's something that will happen in the game that's never happened in 15 years and 30 seasons of Survivor. "

Awesome!!!!!

shall we venture guesses?????

Old 11-13-2015, 02:52 PM

806 posts, read 960,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Savage explains why they didn't split the votes. Also he says someone tipped off Wentworth. Does that mean what Joe said to her and Ciera? I didn't think that was a tip-off. And if someone did tell her, we should've seen that!

10 Things Andrew Savage Wants You To Know Following His Second Chance Send-Off - Page 11 - Survivor Photos - CBS.com
I believe him because the producers knew to stack the Wentworth votes at tribal and save all the Savage votes until the very end.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:03 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,476,929 times
Someone cusses Probst up and down the Tribal Council floor, probably Abominable-Maria.

Keith refuses to check his privilege and Jeremy checks it for him.

In a protracted endurance competition, someone spews from three locations and hangs on to win.

Producers introduce a new rival tribe, composed of all the people who didn't get their second chances.

Producers introduce a new rival tribe composed of Na'Onka, both Hantzes, Greg Buis, Cesternino, Brenchel, Susan Hawk, Johnny Manziel, and Phillip (whose code name this time is 'The Delusional').

Two idols nullify all the votes at Tribal. Since that means there were no votes, thus a multi-way tie for zero, they have to re-vote. This time someone pulls out a third idol, saving him/her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV