Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 02:48 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,828,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
The thing is...when they have an all-star type show, they almost always have a TON of luxuries. Sure they still have to survive, but they're given a lot more. I figure it's because they want them to strategize more instead of worrying about MORE survival. It seems when they have all new players, they factor in the survival part more.

That being said, I've never seen so many food challenges (good ones) as in the last several years. I do wish they'd go back to having to find water - remember Africa? They had to filter elephant poop water before they could boil BEFORE they could drink. One of the rewards was a 50 gallon tank of fresh water, but only after a long time of boiling elephant poop water. Man, those were the days! Good times!

great post!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 03:50 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,515,728 times
Just a thought. When a group of men get together to scheme and plot as to whom they want to vote out they are called "participants" in an "alliance."

When a group of women get together to scheme and plot as to whom they want to vote out they are referred to as "witches" in a "coven."

Not that being called a witch is necessarily a bad thing. One of the most interesting people I ever knew was a Wiccan. He was a very clever person.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:51 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,227,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
The thing is...when they have an all-star type show, they almost always have a TON of luxuries. Sure they still have to survive, but they're given a lot more. I figure it's because they want them to strategize more instead of worrying about MORE survival. It seems when they have all new players, they factor in the survival part more.

That being said, I've never seen so many food challenges (good ones) as in the last several years. I do wish they'd go back to having to find water - remember Africa? They had to filter elephant poop water before they could boil BEFORE they could drink. One of the rewards was a 50 gallon tank of fresh water, but only after a long time of boiling elephant poop water. Man, those were the days! Good times!
I highly doubt they will ever do that again. At least three participants that season ended up hospitalized with a serious, potentially deadly disease as a result of the limited water sources.
Producers of the CBS show kept it hush-hush, but Star has learned that Lindsey Richter, 27, Lex Van Den Berghe, 38, and Clarence Black, 24, spent time in an African hospital being treated for amoebic dysentry, a disease that claims 50,000 lives annually - and gives new meaning to the term Survivor!

"They almost certainly got it from water infected with animal feces," explains Dr. Scott Johnson, an expert on the disease. It can live in a patient undetected for years. If it's not treated, it can kill."

Lindsey, who was booted off during week 6 of the 16-week contest, fought potentially deadly dysentery while filming the program and for weeks after she returned to the U.S.

"Lindsey got kidney pains early in the show," says Portland, Ore., advertising exec's best friend, Tiffany Brugger, 27. "She thought it was dehydration and they took her to a hospital in Nairobi, where she was put on intravenous liquids. They took her back to the same hospital after she was voted off and when she got home to Portland, she went to a local hospital as well."

Old 11-21-2015, 12:48 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,433,879 times
Being the grammar freak that I am: It's "voting bloc", not "block".

Old 11-21-2015, 12:58 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,433,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Interesting move by Fishbach and I'm still on the fence if I think he made the right decision or not. I kind of feel it's too early for a move like this. As a viewer, it was a lot more fun than just watching Wentworth, Ciera, and Abi being voted off one by one over the next 3 episodes, but as a strategy fan, I don't know that it made much sense. Fishbach is trying to build a resume for the final tribal but he may end up burning too many bridges to even make it there. I think he's paranoid. His first season he lost because while he made all the big decisions between him and JT, everyone saw JT as making those decisions. Stephen was just seen as a tagalong. It feels like he wants to make up for that this season but now he's doing the opposite and going too hard.

Interesting way to get the hidden immunity idol to Jeremy, though not really too hard to sneak off at night to get it. No one's going to suspect you of going idol hunting in the middle of the night so seems pretty easy to get away from camp for a bit.

I was surprised to hear everyone talk about what a power player Wigglesworth was and how she chatted up everybody and everybody liked her. I WISH WE COULD HAVE SEEN THAT! Oh well. The producers obviously didn't seem to like her on the show. Rumor is Probst wasn't happy because she wouldn't give them the whole redemption theme and constantly dwelling on losing her first season. So she kind of got the shaft. But as I recall from her first season, she really is kind of boring. She was expressionless as she was blindsided. Almost acted in her finals words like she didn't even care. I'll be interested to see her ponderosa video and exit interviews (there were also rumors she wouldn't be doing exit interviews but I think she is).

A double-header next week! Two back to back episodes! I was wondering how they were going to get enough people out without having 7 people still remaining in the final episode. I guess now we know. Probst says the second episode someone makes one of the most daring moves ever. We'll see!
She's expressionless because of all the work she's had done on that face. Nose job, facial fillers, lip injections, who knows what else. Seriously, check her images from her first season, she doesn't even look like the same person.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:20 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,224,024 times
Wow! This has never been done on Survivor for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alJvyC9lLg4

Old 11-23-2015, 07:59 PM

6,807 posts, read 4,501,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Wow! This has never been done on Survivor for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alJvyC9lLg4

The solution is very easy, I think. The five who give up their chance at immunity, thus securing their tribe a beautiful shelter, should NOT receive any votes at the next tribal council.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:32 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
As we all know, "should" is very different from "will be" in Survivor.

Cool twist!

Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,288,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The solution is very easy, I think. The five who give up their chance at immunity, thus securing their tribe a beautiful shelter, should NOT receive any votes at the next tribal council.
Maybe but that's not necessarily the best way to play. They know the risk if they give up a shot at immunity. Really, the easy solution is don't give up immunity. If others want to, let them. They've been out there, what, 25 days? What's another 14 at this point? I know that is easy to say from the comfort of my living room, but honestly, if someone gives up immunity they have no one else to blame if they get voted out.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:33 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,410,910 times
They have really got to change the name of Survivor to Uncomfortable or Bad Vacation. Construction crews?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV