Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 03:55 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
I liked that Ponderosa, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 05:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,409,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Wigglesworth has a point. In the first few Survivor seasons there were more friendships...more fun being shown at camp. Remember The Outback? They cried when faced with voting a member out. Everything wasn't about backstabbing and strategy. That which endeared us to Survivor is no more. Had Survivor begun with the cutthroat tactics of today, I doubt it would have lasted one season. We viewers grew into what we see today. I'm not saying Survivor is bad, I'm saying it's ...different. I enjoy "today", yet I long for "yesterday". I guess that makes me a true hardcore fan through and through?
I think they have it too easy these days. Back in the early days it was more about making it through the day than strategy. They don't seem to have to be searching for food like they did in the early seasons.

I did like seeing them freezing in the rain yesterday. Survivor should be tough, not a vacation with boring food.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:43 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,271,439 times
I expected some people in the big alliance to flip over to join the witches, but I didn't expect the ones that did. Fish said they were on the bottom of the alliance. I thought they were on the top with Tasha. I think next week Tasha might be gone if the voting blocks don't shift around again. Tasha will probably be scrambling.

I didn't expect them to target Wiglesworth. A couple of folks said how she was friendly with everyone and wasn't a good person to take to the end, but they aren't at the end. They could have targeted a more strategic threat, like Tasha.

Interesting how Abi chased Joe away from the big tree near tree mail so she could "use." That's where Jeremy later found the clue to the HII. Joe might have found it if Abi had left him alone to search.

I noticed that the length of the painted part of the poles in the luxury challenge showed the order that they went it. The purple team seemed to figure that out but the green team didn't.

When they do a schoolyard pick for teams, they certainly are trying to get the strongest team, but I wonder if they pick people based on who they want to spend time with. I don't think this benefited captains Tasha and Wiglesworth, but it gave Ciera an opportunity to put some ideas in Fishbach's head, and it gave Jeremy an opportunity to look for the HII clue while the women and Keith gabbed.

Fishbach had the numbers with the witches and his advantage to vote out Kelly but he wisely built a larger voting block to achieve his goal. It will be interesting to see if Fishbach can use his advantage at the right time for it to actually be an advantage.

Jeremy had an advantage because he was part of each voting block and knew how everyone was going to vote. He knew he didn't need to play a HII, but now at least four folks don't trust him and he might not see a blindside coming. It'll be interesting to see if he can use his HII's at the right time.

There are a lot of new twists: the two tribe swaps, early merge, HIIs at challenges, Fishbach's advantage. The white and black marbles will be another one. They're really working hard to shake these people up.

Right now I think I would be happy to see anyone win, except Abi. She'll not be a target for a while, but I'd like for her to go.

I'm pulling for Jeremy and Tasha.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:40 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,496,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I think they have it too easy these days. Back in the early days it was more about making it through the day than strategy. They don't seem to have to be searching for food like they did in the early seasons.

I did like seeing them freezing in the rain yesterday. Survivor should be tough, not a vacation with boring food.
Yup. They have little to do except plot against each other. I'm not sure why it is, but they don't have fun anymore (unless it's all edited out). They don't laugh and play together like they used to. They also don't struggle to survive anymore.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:50 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,486,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post

I hear that. Luxuries left, luxuries right, until it's starting to look like glamping with rough bedding. The big enchilada of a tribe luxury competition should be something like 20' of paracord, or one loaf of bread, or an hour with the special forces or local experts of the local nation. They did that in Thailand, and I think in Kiribati or Palau. Second prize, half a loaf of bread, or a pliers, some small thing useful in resourceful hands.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:19 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,633,184 times
Savage showed he's still a jerk in the Ponderosa video posted above. Jeeeerrrrrkkkk!!!!!

But now I want to get serious about learning yoga!

Old 11-20-2015, 10:41 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,228,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I hear that. Luxuries left, luxuries right, until it's starting to look like glamping with rough bedding. The big enchilada of a tribe luxury competition should be something like 20' of paracord, or one loaf of bread, or an hour with the special forces or local experts of the local nation. They did that in Thailand, and I think in Kiribati or Palau. Second prize, half a loaf of bread, or a pliers, some small thing useful in resourceful hands.

I believe they would have a much smaller pool of contestants to choose from.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:56 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,486,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I believe they would have a much smaller pool of contestants to choose from.
That would be great. They've watered it down tremendously and are giving them a nice easy ride while they compete for $1M, by comparison to the early days.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:42 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,546,529 times
Luxury vs old school survivor, sure. Luxury vs how I woke up this morning, not so much.

Those people looked awful cold at Tribal and were going back to a cold wet beach. I would bet miserable at best. I still consider it to be roughing it.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:24 PM

3,988 posts, read 5,026,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
The thing is...when they have an all-star type show, they almost always have a TON of luxuries. Sure they still have to survive, but they're given a lot more. I figure it's because they want them to strategize more instead of worrying about MORE survival. It seems when they have all new players, they factor in the survival part more.

That being said, I've never seen so many food challenges (good ones) as in the last several years. I do wish they'd go back to having to find water - remember Africa? They had to filter elephant poop water before they could boil BEFORE they could drink. One of the rewards was a 50 gallon tank of fresh water, but only after a long time of boiling elephant poop water. Man, those were the days! Good times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV