Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

I am baffled that Gary got better scores than Paula.....he barely did any steps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 08:41 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am baffled that Gary got better scores than Paula.....he barely did any steps.
He's a better actor

Old 09-28-2015, 09:03 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
I wasn't crazy about Alfonso as a judge. He is not a professional dancer and his comments should not have been so detailed and condescending. I loved him on the show as a dancer but thought he was a little too haughty as a judge.

Love Bindi - she is a breath of fresh air.
Love the Backstreet Boy Nick - he did great tonight.
Paula did o.k. for her age - LOVE Louis - glad to see him back and will be sad to see him go!
Gary Busey is weird - I feel sorry for Anna having to deal with him.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:07 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I wasn't crazy about Alfonso as a judge. He is not a professional dancer and his comments should not have been so detailed and condescending. I loved him on the show as a dancer but thought he was a little too haughty as a judge...

Every comment Alfonso made -- every critique -- was agreed with by the other judges. It's apparent that he learned a lot the season that he won DWTS.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:12 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Kim is out. Tom read her the rules.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:30 PM

82 posts, read 70,741 times
My thoughts.
Paula is so crude and disgusting, can't dance, hope she goes next week.
ABC sure is promoting their various shows and actors a lot.
Love the Aussie girl/Derek.
Bussy looked the best ever tonight, head that is, dancing, well that's another thing.
I thinks the judges were a little generous with some of the dancers tonight. And do we really need 4 judges, especially non pro dancers.
Hero guy looks good, really can hold his own for not being a dancer.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:45 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am baffled that anyone is voting for Gary! So more people voted for Gary than for Paula??? That to me is unbelievable. The fact that Andy was in "jeopardy" doesn't really mean that he was in the bottom two though, correct? They just throw the second couple in there, it's not necessarily the lowest-scoring couple. But it scares me!!! The scenario should be: Gary, then Paula, then game on. It will be really difficult for me at that point to root against anybody, as they're all good. Alex is the most surprising -- he is amazing for a regular person with no previous dance experience OR celebrity. Andy is not great but certainly very good. Internet kid is also very good and quite adorable. Then there's a slew of top-notch dancers, not just two that they usually have -- Nick, Bindi, Tamar, the couple. Keep voting, people!!!

Old 09-29-2015, 12:47 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
I was really happy that the judges mentioned that Alex and Bindi had no dance experience, yet are doing really well. I'm glad they acknowledged that. That's the whole point of the show -- the pros make dancers out of those with no experience at all. I'm firmly on Team Alex right now. He's got such an "aw shucks, ma'am" (shuffle shoe) persona! And Team Bindi. She's got so much energy, even her voice is so positive and exuberant! She's a cutie.

Paula, Gary and Hayes need to go. I was a little disappointed that Andy was in jeopardy. I keep forgetting to vote. Being in the Mountain Time Zone, I figure all the East Coast people voted, and our votes out here don't matter much..

Old 09-29-2015, 08:23 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Every comment Alfonso made -- every critique -- was agreed with by the other judges. It's apparent that he learned a lot the season that he won DWTS.
Plus, he toured and danced with the DWTS tour last year (and was quite good in it).

I wish Val's partner would shut up and just to do what he says.
Can't stand the Internet kid and I'm really tired of Bindi/Derek.
Love Alex! He would be my choice to win right now.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:17 AM

350 posts, read 477,829 times
Quote:
I wasn't crazy about Alfonso as a judge. He is not a professional dancer
He does have a long dance background, at age 8, he was on Broadway in "The Tap Dance Kid."
He later appeared as a dancer in a Pepsi commercial with Michael Jackson.

While maybe not a professional the same level of some of the others, seems he has continually associated with dancing (which resulted with him creating the "Carlton" on the series "The Fresh Prince." He has spent quite a bit of time 'professionally dancing' recently.

He certainly had more background than several other of the 'guest' judges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV