Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2015, 11:22 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Every comment Alfonso made -- every critique -- was agreed with by the other judges. It's apparent that he learned a lot the season that he won DWTS.
Or/and.................................... JMO I got the feeling that some conversations about the stars were had prior to the judges table with Alfonso. How would he know Nick isn't putting in the practice time he needs too? How would he know such behind the scenes info if not for casual conversations? Either way Alfonso does have extensive dance background so greyhorsewoman's post was right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I am baffled that anyone is voting for Gary! So more people voted for Gary than for Paula??? That to me is unbelievable. The fact that Andy was in "jeopardy" doesn't really mean that he was in the bottom two though, correct? They just throw the second couple in there, it's not necessarily the lowest-scoring couple. But it scares me!!! The scenario should be: Gary, then Paula, then game on. It will be really difficult for me at that point to root against anybody, as they're all good. Alex is the most surprising -- he is amazing for a regular person with no previous dance experience OR celebrity. Andy is not great but certainly very good. Internet kid is also very good and quite adorable. Then there's a slew of top-notch dancers, not just two that they usually have -- Nick, Bindi, Tamar, the couple. Keep voting, people!!!
Andy was just an afterthought like before when Maks, Derek, Val "are in jeopardy" it would have been Paula going home had Kim not been let go. Poor Tony again. I like Andy did you see his poor face when they said he was in jeopardy?

Alex (is that the train dude?) is really surprising me he held strong lines last night needs to work on his head & facial expressions. I hope he goes final 3

Husband & wife team they can go I'm over both of them especially after Mark glorified a meth cooker by choosing Walter White to emulate in his dance. To me that dance was more contemporary than Jazz what he was supposed to be doing. IMO he could have picked a better show with so many young dancers watching this show.

Again IMO, they are exploiting mental illness by keeping Gary around for their laughs we didn't need to know he didn't have on underwear. That wasn't enough Tom had to bring attention to it again by saying Gary went commando. It'd be fine if he didn't have a mental illness & could control what he speaks or does but he can't so send him home.

The Internet kid can go he slouches doesn't listen to the judges critics to improve it and I don't even know what a "vine star" is.

Tamar needs to sit down! I didn't see what the judges saw in her last night I think Val over dances to compensate for her weakness. My eye will go to Val & not her automatically he's the better dancer but I am not a fan of hers either. Seems she won't listen no matter what show she is on from my experience watching her.

We did find it funny that ABC would approve a teacher turned meth cooker/drug dealer show but poo pooed the Jetsons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 11:59 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
Does anyone else besides me think this show has gone down hill from what it used to be ? I think it has because look at all the no talent hacks they have on this show now . I miss Maxim and I stopped watching it cause he left . He did so much good with Kirstie alley . She lost a lot of weight because he was dancing it off of her and she even said she was grateful to him . I just think this show has gone down in class and the contestants .

Old 09-29-2015, 12:28 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
..I miss Maxim and I stopped watching it cause he left . He did so much good with Kirstie alley . She lost a lot of weight because he was dancing it off of her and she even said she was grateful to him . I just think this show has gone down in class and the contestants .

I really miss Maks too but I didnt stop watching the show when he left. But any pro with whom Kirstie would have been paired would be credited with helping her lose weight -- it wasnt just something special about Maks (although they did become good friends).

Too bad that Kirstie's brain couldnt have gotten healthier along with her body. She stopped speaking to Maks after the second time she was on DWTS because she didnt care for the fact that he was friends with an ex-Scientology person.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Or/and.................................... JMO I got the feeling that some conversations about the stars were had prior to the judges table with Alfonso. How would he know Nick isn't putting in the practice time he needs too? How would he know such behind the scenes info if not for casual conversations? Either way Alfonso does have extensive dance background so greyhorsewoman's post was right on.

Andy was just an afterthought like before when Maks, Derek, Val "are in jeopardy" it would have been Paula going home had Kim not been let go. Poor Tony again. I like Andy did you see his poor face when they said he was in jeopardy?

Alex (is that the train dude?) is really surprising me he held strong lines last night needs to work on his head & facial expressions. I hope he goes final 3

Husband & wife team they can go I'm over both of them especially after Mark glorified a meth cooker by choosing Walter White to emulate in his dance. To me that dance was more contemporary than Jazz what he was supposed to be doing. IMO he could have picked a better show with so many young dancers watching this show.

Again IMO, they are exploiting mental illness by keeping Gary around for their laughs we didn't need to know he didn't have on underwear. That wasn't enough Tom had to bring attention to it again by saying Gary went commando. It'd be fine if he didn't have a mental illness & could control what he speaks or does but he can't so send him home.

The Internet kid can go he slouches doesn't listen to the judges critics to improve it and I don't even know what a "vine star" is.

Tamar needs to sit down! I didn't see what the judges saw in her last night I think Val over dances to compensate for her weakness. My eye will go to Val & not her automatically he's the better dancer but I am not a fan of hers either. Seems she won't listen no matter what show she is on from my experience watching her.

We did find it funny that ABC would approve a teacher turned meth cooker/drug dealer show but poo pooed the Jetsons.
I think they couldn't use the Jetsons because they couldn't get permission from the owners of the copyrights in time.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I am baffled that anyone is voting for Gary! So more people voted for Gary than for Paula??? That to me is unbelievable. The fact that Andy was in "jeopardy" doesn't really mean that he was in the bottom two though, correct? They just throw the second couple in there, it's not necessarily the lowest-scoring couple. But it scares me!!! The scenario should be: Gary, then Paula, then game on. It will be really difficult for me at that point to root against anybody, as they're all good. Alex is the most surprising -- he is amazing for a regular person with no previous dance experience OR celebrity. Andy is not great but certainly very good. Internet kid is also very good and quite adorable. Then there's a slew of top-notch dancers, not just two that they usually have -- Nick, Bindi, Tamar, the couple. Keep voting, people!!!
I wasn't talking about the people's votes. People can vote just because they like a celebrity and want to keep them around for awhile, even though they know they don't dance well.

I couldn't believe the judges scores, judges who are supposed to score on dancing ability.

I believe Paula got all fives and Gary got sixes and a seven. IMO, it should have been the other way around.

And I agree with you, Gary should go next, then Paula.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Kim is asking people to sign a petition to allow her back on DWTS. The article below says that some of her fans doubt that the mini-stroke scare was real, as Kim has faked illnesses in the past. For example:

During her time as an Atlanta housewife, Kim explained that she wore wigs all the time because of cancer, a claim that some of the other housewives doubted, as reported by the Inquisitr.
At the reunion show, when Bravo's host Andy Cohen asked Kim whether she actually had cancer, Kim tearfully said that doctors were 90 per cent sure she had cancer.
Andy tried confirming the story in which she then recalled getting back her test results which concluded she did not, in fact, have cancer.
He asked her: 'So you didn’t have cancer?'
'No I did not, thank God,' she replied as she held back tears.

Kim Zolciak gets over 13,000 signatures and counting on petition asking for her to be reinstated on DWTS after being axed | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-30-2015, 10:12 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Quote:
Kim is asking people to sign a petition to allow her back on DWTS. The article below says that some of her fans doubt that the mini-stroke scare was real, as Kim has faked illnesses in the past. For example:

During her time as an Atlanta housewife, Kim explained that she wore wigs all the time because of cancer, a claim that some of the other housewives doubted, as reported by the Inquisitr.
At the reunion show, when Bravo's host Andy Cohen asked Kim whether she actually had cancer, Kim tearfully said that doctors were 90 per cent sure she had cancer.
Andy tried confirming the story in which she then recalled getting back her test results which concluded she did not, in fact, have cancer.
He asked her: 'So you didn’t have cancer?'
'No I did not, thank God,' she replied as she held back tears.

Kim Zolciak gets over 13,000 signatures and counting on petition asking for her to be reinstated on DWTS after being axed | Daily Mail Online
Then we wonder why millenniums (not all) don't think rules & laws are made for them look at the example some are setting. (smh)

She is not the first to end her stint on DWTS by this rule and won't be the last this is dumb.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:41 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Then we wonder why millenniums (not all) don't think rules & laws are made for them look at the example some are setting. (smh)

She is not the first to end her stint on DWTS by this rule and won't be the last this is dumb.
Totally agree with all of the above.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:36 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
I guess some people watch the show just so they can complain.

LOL, that's rich, coming from someone who had to post apologizing for her "rantings."

Not that there's anything wrong with ranting. You see, most sane people expect to find complaints and [gasp!] differing opinions on a thread about a TV show.

Anyway, if my wimpy comment made you wig out, I sure hope you bypassed the preceding 20+ pages.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:16 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,914 times
Miss Len and Max. The show used to be my favorite, but it all seems so rushed now and they always seem to focus in on favorites too readily from the beginning.
I mean come on, how do they expect middle-aged+ ''average fitness'' stars to compete with Olympic champions, boxers, etc?
I watch until my favs are gone, then check in at the end to see which buff young thang has won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV