Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 04:32 AM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times

Advertisements

I am so glad Paula is gone!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:55 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Well that took me about 20 minutes to watch. I hate Leah Remini! So I fast forwarded the TV every time she opened her mouth. Some weird scores, way too many tens. The overall concept of last night I did not really like. Just to get back to normal ballroom dancing.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:34 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,169 times
Watching and enjoying this season. In past season I remember discussions of how much weight the stars lost. The past few seasons no one seems to have dropped weight. A few seasons back seem several spoke of dropping 20+ pounds. Bindi still looks the same for example. BTW I hope she wins. She is an amateur dancer who has become on par with most professional dancers IMO. I tend to analyze the pros. I think Lindsey has an amazing body and OMG legs! Witney has a gorgeous face. Utah seems to pop out some gorgeous people (Derek, Julianne, Witney, Lindsey etc) I think Andy Grammar's partner who is preggers is doing an amazing job. She is showing alittle and supposedly if he is there to the end she will be 6 mos pregnant. I bet Alex will get offers to do other things after being on DWTS and I wonder if he did have the hots for Emma or if that was a showmance manufactured. Hoping final 3 is Bindi Alex Nick (I know my picks are minority!)

Old 10-20-2015, 06:55 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,734,603 times
Ugh. Forgive me for my typo. Sometimes I type too fast and characters are switched. I usually catch it but didn't last night. It is going to bug me for days, LOL

Old 10-20-2015, 08:13 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I am so glad Paula is gone!!!

I am too.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:05 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,927 times
Finally!!! Paula gone--yay! Her mouth was just too much for me.....no control. What is the deal with the doggone snakes---yikes! I have an extreme phobia, had to fast forward thru the one dance and last week Bindi had a huge one in the rehearsal room! But there are some great dancers on this season so am enjoying it a lot! I always like to see what they come up with for Halloween (hope there's no more snakes, lol)

Old 10-22-2015, 03:49 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
It's amazing how Paula has so many fans. Was she that crude and coarse on her TV show? If so, I cant imagine how she was able to impress so many middle-aged women. My sister, who isnt very bright, was such a fan of Paula's cooking show that she bought all her merchandise. I imagine those are the kind of people who kept Paula on DWTS for so long.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:44 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
About fifteen years ago, Paula played the aunt of Orlando Bloom's character in "Elizabethtown", set largely in small-town Kentucky (and filmed mostly in Versailles, Ky, NOT the real E'town). While the movie was mediocre, due to inadequate plot issues, Paula's performance drew raves. Her character was eccentric, but her portrayal was far more nuanced and less extreme than her presentation of her own self on DWTS, and she was very funny. I was looking forward to seeing her, but found her frequent crudity a real turn-off.

Actually, I wonder if she may have had some mini-strokes which have affected her "governor", since she seems to immediately blurt out whatever crosses her mind, relevant and/or appropriate or not.

Who the real Paula may be, I doubt if Paula herself knows...

Old 10-23-2015, 02:17 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
Glad Paula is gone. Finally. Kind of weird scoring, though. I don't like Alex of Alex and Carlos. I like Alek, of the Paris Train heroism. I know he's not very good, but he seems to be really trying. Andy is too, I think.

Cannot STAND Leah Rimini. Her voice grates on me and she's so annoying. She's extremely inappropriate at times, and doesn't fit with the show. I loved Samantha Harris, hated Brooke Burke the Mannequin, and really enjoy Erin. But Leah is by far the worst of them all.....why oh why do they keep bringing her back?

Old 10-23-2015, 11:21 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,169 times
Is Leah on next week too? I expect to see her trying to hump someone's leg for attention if she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV