Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 11:53 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Is Leah on next week too? I expect to see her trying to hump someone's leg for attention if she is.

If the World Series is still going on, Erin wont be on DWTS. She's apparently taking a leave from the show during the World Series as part of her duties as a Fox sidelines reporter. She'll return to DWTS after baseball's biggest event.

I seem to recall, that she took off one week last year for some sports event, maybe the World Series. Leah filled in for her then too.

Dancing with the Stars: Leah Remini Filling in for Erin Andrews : People.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 05:10 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,887,399 times
i can't stand leah. paula is okay *shrugs*. i like bindi, cute girl.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:05 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,156 times
Wow, shortest show ever!
I DVR it, and I normally fast-forward through Paula's entire segment, Julianne's banshee-voice, and now Leah's forced wisecracks and pseudo-tough-chick persona.
Watched the whole thing in under an hour.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:53 AM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Is Leah on next week too? I expect to see her trying to hump someone's leg for attention if she is.
Oh I hope not!!!! She is horrible, worse than Brook.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:31 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
First World Series game is Tuesday in Kansas City. Hopefully Erin can do DWTS and fly to KC the next morning.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
It's amazing how Paula has so many fans. Was she that crude and coarse on her TV show? If so, I cant imagine how she was able to impress so many middle-aged women. My sister, who isnt very bright, was such a fan of Paula's cooking show that she bought all her merchandise. I imagine those are the kind of people who kept Paula on DWTS for so long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Glad Paula is gone. Finally. Kind of weird scoring, though. I don't like Alex of Alex and Carlos. I like Alek, of the Paris Train heroism. I know he's not very good, but he seems to be really trying. Andy is too, I think.

Cannot STAND Leah Rimini. Her voice grates on me and she's so annoying. She's extremely inappropriate at times, and doesn't fit with the show. I loved Samantha Harris, hated Brooke Burke the Mannequin, and really enjoy Erin. But Leah is by far the worst of them all.....why oh why do they keep bringing her back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh I hope not!!!! She is horrible, worse than Brook.
You are too funny, TFW!

I agree, Marcy and ILNC. I have never been able to stand her and her show is one of the bottom of the barrel ones IMO. I would even rather watch Babbling Brooke than Leah Remini and that says volumes!

I am so fouled up with my tv watching since moving, I try and catch things On Demand now.

IDK if I said this before but you all know how I feel about The Golden Boy, Derek but I love Bindi SOOO MUCH, I want her to win DESPITE who her partner is.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:37 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Glad Paula is gone. Finally. Kind of weird scoring, though. I don't like Alex of Alex and Carlos. I like Alek, of the Paris Train heroism. I know he's not very good, but he seems to be really trying. Andy is too, I think.

Cannot STAND Leah Rimini. Her voice grates on me and she's so annoying. She's extremely inappropriate at times, and doesn't fit with the show. I loved Samantha Harris, hated Brooke Burke the Mannequin, and really enjoy Erin. But Leah is by far the worst of them all.....why oh why do they keep bringing her back?
Love Leah.....just had to chime in......Of course I loved "The King of Queens." I think Leah is funny and classy. I think all the gal hosts have been tops! Erin, seemed stiff at first, but she has shown some real heart and class.

Tom is the greatest host for the show.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:06 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Love Leah.....just had to chime in......Of course I loved "The King of Queens." I think Leah is funny and classy. I think all the gal hosts have been tops! Erin, seemed stiff at first, but she has shown some real heart and class.

Me too! Lover her and her family! They are nice, funny, down to earth people. Her mother cracks me up!

She is going to be on 20/20 next Friday talking about leaving Scientology.

Did you know Maks is no longer friends with Kirstie Alley because Kirstie wanted Maks to quit being friends with Leah because she left Scientology? Good for you Maks!

Old 10-24-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post

Tom has such a quick wit. I'd love to know how much of what he says is printed on the cue station and how much he makes up on the spot. I watched some old "America's Funniest Videos" (from 10 years ago, I think) recently -- and, boy, did Tom look and sound different. He wasnt nearly so polished in hair style and attire and, while he was quick on his feet back then, he wasnt nearly so good as he is now.

And I loved Leah on KoQ too. I still watch those reruns every day. I also enjoyed seeing her as a contestant on DWTS a few seasons back. But I'm sorry -- I just dont care for her as a DWTS co-host. She's always said that her KoQ character was true-to-life and maybe that's why I dont think she acts/speaks appropriately, and certainly not classy, on DWTS.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
...Did you know Maks is no longer friends with Kirstie Alley because Kirstie wanted Maks to quit being friends with Leah because she left Scientology? Good for you Maks!

Yes, I read about that. Scientologists apparently have strict rules about socializing with banned members, but I dont think that's why Kirstie ended her friendship with Maks. I think it's because Leah has spoken out against the cult so much and has just released a book about it.

I really like Leah but I do wish she'd end her public statements, both spoken and written, about that group. For one thing, it looks like she's trying to profit financially from it. And, for another thing, she could wake up dead someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV