Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 04:51 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times

Advertisements

I was watching the news this am and they said that a clown had scared Leah that she fell . Poor thing I'm surprised she did not knock him out LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 05:00 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I was watching the news this am and they said that a clown had scared Leah that she fell . Poor thing I'm surprised she did not knock him out LOL.

Yes, that was part of the show. The clown was Sasha, the same troupe member who was scaring the stars and other pros throughout the entire show. He approached Leah from behind and she fell forward from fright, although I think it was all staged. She said "Damn you, Sasha" and then bragged that at least she didnt curse.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:58 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
I think the producers either drugged Leah or threatened her. Ha. Still can't stand her even though she was toned down for the most part.

I didn't like Hayes at the beginning but he was growing on me. It's now to the point where everyone is good so somebody decent is going to go home every week.

I am really sick of Bindy and all of the overscoring and fawning over her.

Not sure who I would like to see win. Ether Alex or Andy maybe.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:34 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Surprise Elimination tonight!
Spoiler
Sorry to see Hayes go home. he was starting to grow on me.

I really thought
Spoiler
Tamar
would be the one leaving.
I thought there wasn't going to be an elimination last night. I could have swore they said next week and wondered why. Oh well. I missed that part because I couldn't stay awake. Made it through all the individual dances but didn't watch the teams.

I wish Tamar had gone home too.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
... Made it through all the individual dances but didn't watch the teams...

The team dances were actually the best part of the show last night. Derek's team lost for the first time in 11 competitions.

The two teams were:

"Team Nightmare" (Val and Tamar, Nick and Sharna, Allison and Andy and Emma and Hayes). Their dance was truly unbelievable, easily the best team dance ever. They got "10"s from all three judges. If you can catch it on the internet or on something like Comcast's On Demand, you should do so.

"Who You Gonna Call" (Bindi and Derek, Alexa and Mark, Carlos and Witney and Alek and Lindsay). I was surprised that this performance wasnt better. I thought that the choreography was actually pretty boring. With Derek and Mark on that team, I was truly shocked at how unimpressive the dance was. And Bindi was out of sync, as well as were other girls in the beginning. They got one "10" and 2 "9"s. Julianne was the one who gave them a "10" and I thought it was obvious that she did so because of Derek. I cant imagine anyone thinking that was a perfect performance. Carrie Ann and Bruno both pointed out several mistakes. The only interesting part was when Carlos lifted Witney while on a hoverboard.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:58 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,773 times
Way too much fog/smoke last night. I hope that machine breaks. lol
Loved the Team Dances.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Team Nightmare was perfection and I expected them to be a train wreck going up against Derek and it was the opposite. With Derek & Mark on the same team I expected a ton more choreography. I wonder if Allison had a hand in Nick's group as she is known for good choreography. She sure doesn't look 5 months pregnant. When Andy was swinging her around on the floor I was like O-M-G.. I expect if she is here much longer she will pop out in the next few weeks and it will be harder to disguise her bump. I was messaging with JC Rubio who interviews alot of the DWTS and he said Witney is 5'2" in person so with that perspective alot of people I thought were tall are quite short in stature. I still hope Bindi wins. I know she has some haters and Derek has indeed won enough so she has that going against her as well. Seems like some can't stand her bubbly personality and it bugs them to no end. Guess if that is the only thing they can find to complain about her then it isn't much. Wish more people had her upbeat positive attitude. Tamar I like and don't like depending on her moods. I have a different take on her each week. Nick & Sharna kinda bore me but due to his backstory I cheer him on. Alexa & Carlos are cutsie and that is all I can say and they dance well. I love Alek..I have a crush on him for reasons unknown and he isn't even my type..maybe the hero thing. He seemed butthurt over the low scores..bless his heart..wish I could have been there to comfort him..ok I digress...Glad Hayes is gone, love Emma but was tired of Hayes.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:41 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
The team dances were actually the best part of the show last night. Derek's team lost for the first time in 11 competitions.

The two teams were:

"Team Nightmare" (Val and Tamar, Nick and Sharna, Allison and Andy and Emma and Hayes). Their dance was truly unbelievable, easily the best team dance ever. They got "10"s from all three judges. If you can catch it on the internet or on something like Comcast's On Demand, you should do so.

"Who You Gonna Call" (Bindi and Derek, Alexa and Mark, Carlos and Witney and Alek and Lindsay). I was surprised that this performance wasnt better. I thought that the choreography was actually pretty boring. With Derek and Mark on that team, I was truly shocked at how unimpressive the dance was. And Bindi was out of sync, as well as were other girls in the beginning. They got one "10" and 2 "9"s. Julianne was the one who gave them a "10" and I thought it was obvious that she did so because of Derek. I cant imagine anyone thinking that was a perfect performance. Carrie Ann and Bruno both pointed out several mistakes. The only interesting part was when Carlos lifted Witney while on a hoverboard.
Okay...I watched both team dances online. I agree Team Nightmare did the best. I was surprised that Derek's team wasn't better than it was. That hover board thing was just 'strange'. lol I wouldn't have even tried it!

My computer crashed TWICE while I was trying to watch. The first time it, at least, let me get through the scoring. Second one I had to reboot completely but finally made it to the end.

I think the thing I hated the most about the show was that darned smoke! You couldn't see most of the steps and it was just annoying.

In a way I was sorry to see Hayes go. For a 15 year old kid I thought he did really really well. It's getting to the point though where we aren't going to be happy seeing anyone go because they will be good dancers. But that's the way it always is, right?

Old 10-27-2015, 02:47 PM

I agree with seashelly and AZDesertBrat about the smoke. In past years Derek has used it when his partner apparently wasnt able to learn a particular dance well. Carrie Ann even called him out on it one time.

If I were one of the judges and someone used the smoke machine, I'd take points off right off the bat.

And, regarding how uninspired Derek's team dance was, I hate to say this -- but I wonder if Alek had trouble with a more inspired routine so they had to dumb it down for him. I like Alek and would like to see him in the Final 3 (although I dont think that's going to happen) but he's the weakest dancer left.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:38 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Well...I'm kinda mad now. DWTS won't be on in AZ at it's normal time because of a stinkin' football game! It will be on at midnight!! Maybe I should take a nap so I can stay awake and it's a good thing I don't have to work tomorrow. Grrrrrrr....
I thought the football was on ESPN? DWTS came on right on time here in Tucson.....

I was so happy to see Hayes go. He never grew on me. I thought he was an obnoxious teen brat who thinks he's more important than he really is. I really hope we don't see his brother this Spring.

Alek was/is my favorite, but it's obvious he's struggling. I think he'll be the next to go unless the viewers keep him on. He's very stiff and doesn't seem comfortable now that the dances are getting longer and more is expected of the dancers.

Tamar sure has attitude and it isn't good! I would love to see her go next. What to say? She's really got a high and mighty, can do no wrong, snobby attitude. Not liking her at all.

Carlos and Alexa are both good, and I like them both, so that's going to be tough when the first one goes.

I really like Andy a lot. He's my favorite right now. He's gotten so much better and I like his attitude.

I also like Nick, but sometimes he gets a little uppity in my opinion. Still, he's doing great, I think.

Bindi....hmmm. I find her voice annoying. She's very LOUD. I love her spunk and she's doing well, but she needs to tone down her voice.

I would like to see Andy win. I like him the best so far. I like the ones who seem humble, and he seems humble to me. Bindi's too young; Carlos and Alexa are cute, dance well, but they just don't "connect" with me; Alek is sweet, but is not going to last too much longer. I'd like to see Nick in the finals, and if he won, I'd be okay with that. Tamar ~~ she's definitely overstayed her welcome. The sooner she goes, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV