Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 08:19 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Carlos before the show (knew of Alexa because of the show Nashville). He's a good dancer but very "one note" to me. If one of the two of them had to go home I think it is better it was him.
Typo. Her going home. Not him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 09:15 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Side Note: Most of those who are posting on internet sites are not buying Tamar's "illness".

Old 11-10-2015, 09:35 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Side Note: Most of those who are posting on internet sites are not buying Tamar's "illness".
Hard to say..She always sounds hoarse but could be a smoker's voice.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:05 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Hard to say..She always sounds hoarse but could be a smoker's voice.

I read an article in which Bindi said that Derek was suffering from strep throat this week. Maybe Tamar had something like that. It's rather unlikely that she could have recovered from pneumonia in one day or less and then do arrive moments before having to perform, especially something as physically exerting as dancing.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I agree about Mark. For many season I thought his sleaze factor was the most remarkable thing about him. However, this season I've been blown away by his choreography. It's been as good, and at times better, than Derek's. And I havent seen any evidence of the sleazy behavior of past seasons.
Last night Derek referred, in passing, to Mark's girlfriend. So I wonder if her influence may be the reason for the obvious change in the way he acts and perhaps even his desire to choreograph so awesomely.
Could be from the husband being right down the hall practicing all week too. I agree Mark hasn't been as sleezy this season and his choreography has been amazing y'all know I can't stand him for me to say that is remarkable.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:33 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,078,258 times
I can't decide if I think it is fair that Tamar was allowed to stay on the show after missing a dance.

What saved her was the fact that it happened to be a show where they were performing two dances and she could perform the second one later in the night. Not sure it was fair to the others who had to dance both dances.

Does this mean from now on when they have a night with two dances, if someone has an excuse for not showing up for the first one (like their plane was delayed for example) and only danced the second one they can remain on the show?

Old 11-10-2015, 02:37 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
I can't decide if I think it is fair that Tamar was allowed to stay on the show after missing a dance.

What saved her was the fact that it happened to be a show where they were performing two dances and she could perform the second one later in the night. Not sure it was fair to the others who had to dance both dances.

Does this mean from now on when they have a night with two dances, if someone has an excuse for not showing up for the first one (like their plane was delayed for example) and only danced the second one they can remain on the show?
What are you talking about? She got scored on her first dance and if that have been the only dance, those would've been the only scores she had.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:35 PM

350 posts, read 477,912 times
Being scored on 'dress rehearsal' has happened before and is in the rules as acceptable. They are never going to get great scores from those, however, if the contestant is able to return to dancing by the next week (or next dance, in this case), it's allowable.

I don't think you could use it for a 'schedule conflict' since there has to be a 'dress rehearsal' to substitute. Those are done earlier in the day before the live show.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:15 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Saw on the news this morning that Tamar has withdrawn from the competition. IMO she never should have accepted the spot to begin with if she had such a huge schedule to adhere to. Running from one thing to another and then landing in the hospital. For someone who had "pneumonia" she managed to look all 'brave'. I kept thinking she was just being a drama queen so I'm glad she's gone. She could dance pretty good but all the rest I could live without watching.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:23 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
I think Alek should have gone this week instead of Alexa, she is a much better dancer, his dancing is just too stiff, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV