Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 08:49 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times

Advertisements

I can't stand Bindy and would rather see anyone but her (and Derek) win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 10:29 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I agree with you about Bindi. For a 17 year old girl, who's never danced before, she is a 'natural' I think. She is lucky to have Derek for a partner too. I admire his choreography and imagination. He wins those mirror balls for a reason!
I agree that Derek is an absolute amazing chroeographer and forgot to mention him as a big reason why Bindi has looked so awesome this season. Of all the pros ever in DWTS I'd say Julianne and Derek are my one and two all time favorites. I guess considering Derek has been on the show as a pro longer than Julianne now, I'll put him at one and Julianne two.

Whether you love him or hate him, I don't think anyone can deny that he almost always comes up with great dances for his partners no matter what their skill level is and when he's given someone special like Bindi, its like watching him become a magician in how he can turn someone with great potential into such a spectacular dancer. But regardless of how good or how bad his partner is, he always seems to be able to get the most out of them.

The same can be said for Julianne and I've been a fan of hers ever since her first season on DWTS when she partnered with Apollo Ohno and they made not only a cute couple but also a great dancing team and I've loved almost all their dances during the season and was glad they were able to win it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I still think we may be in for a surprise at the end. Remember Season 3, when Emmitt Smith won over a much-better Mario Lopez? And Season 15, when Melissa Rycroft won over Shawn Johnson (and Derek)? And Season 18, when Meryl Davis (and Maks) won over Amy Purdy (and Derek)?
In this case, I really find it hard to believe Bindi is going to be surprised and somehow lose it in a shocker. If she dances to her ability like she has for almost the whole season so far, she will get great marks from the judges and maybe I'm wrong, but I think many people do love Bindi and her dancing and she shouldn't have a problem getting the votes to assure her the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
I say this as someone who hates to be force-fed a champion (which...DWTS kind of does) but that girl has talent. My favorite was the Viennese Waltz, but the trio dance this week was incredible too...she was RIGHT ON with Mark and Derek. From what I've seen she cleary deserves to win, although I do like Carlos. Alek is...not as talented, although I have to admire him for trying. His crush on Emma is too cute. And Nick, well, he's hot and cold for me, not consistent but better than Alek. So as I rank them: Bindi (by miles), Carlos, Nick, Alek.

The husband-wife drama this season was pretty silly though. Way to overplay that.
I agree those are my most favorite dances of hers too this season. That waltz was awesome and the song they used made brought it to another level and with this week's trio with Mark, she made that dance look so easy and yet it was technical, dramatic and daring.

As for the husband vs wife stuff, I'm fine with it as DWTS as gone through so many seasons, they have to have at least one or two gimmicks a season so it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I can't stand Bindy and would rather see anyone but her (and Derek) win.
Why don't you like Bindi? With Derek I know alot of people aren't a fan of his even if they might acknowledge his skill as a pro, but for Bindi is it because she's too bubbly and energetic or something else? Because I don't know how else one could dislike her.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:33 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
I am pretty impressed with Alek considering he had no dancing background at all. I feel he's definitely the weakest of the four, but I love betting on the underdog! I would really like to see him win due to him fitting the goal of DWTS, which is to take a non-dancer and turn him/her into a quasi-pro, but I don't see it happening. Alex has worked hard and come a very long way to make it this far. The same is true with Bindi. She never danced before, either, and she's absolutely incredible. I'm pretty sure she'll win unless some really screwed up voting takes place. Carlos and Nick had a lot of dancing experience prior, and yet they haven't really progressed because they were so talented and experienced to begin with. In a dream world, I'd love to see Alek, Bindi, Nick, then Carlos, but that won't happen. In the real world, I see it as Bindi, Carlos, Nick and Alek.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Why don't you like Bindi? With Derek I know alot of people aren't a fan of his even if they might acknowledge his skill as a pro, but for Bindi is it because she's too bubbly and energetic or something else? Because I don't know how else one could dislike her.
Her screeching voice, her looks, her frenetic actions all the time, Derek. Pretty much every single thing. I'm sure she's a nice girl but - she is like fingernails on a chalkboard times 1000.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:23 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,169 times
I wish they would stick to the original theme of the show which is amateurs developing into dancers which leaves Bindi & Alek. Carlos has had instruction as has Nick with their bands and choreography. Being large chested like Bindi can hinder moves so I am impressed the "girls' haven't gotten in the way more than they have. I think people who find Bindi annoying probably tend to get annoyed in general by happy go lucky people. I have friends who get rubbed the wrong way by Suzy Sunshine types. I get it but I am looking at the skills that I see developing and honestly Bindi has developed into a great dancer and Alek is most improved. Carlos is the one (to me) I find annoying, the yearning and whimpering sappy stuff. I do like Nick because of his backstory so if he won I would be happy for him because of what he has been through yet he has had alot of great things happen to him too. So my pick for final two would be Bindi & Alek because they are the amateurs.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Her screeching voice, her looks, her frenetic actions all the time, Derek. Pretty much every single thing. I'm sure she's a nice girl but - she is like fingernails on a chalkboard times 1000.
What don't you like about her looks?

Old 11-21-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What don't you like about her looks?
Everything. Something about her just bugs me. Simple as that. Everybody doesn't have to like everybody.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:05 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I am pretty impressed with Alek considering he had no dancing background at all. I feel he's definitely the weakest of the four, but I love betting on the underdog! I would really like to see him win due to him fitting the goal of DWTS, which is to take a non-dancer and turn him/her into a quasi-pro, but I don't see it happening. Alex has worked hard and come a very long way to make it this far. The same is true with Bindi. She never danced before, either, and she's absolutely incredible. I'm pretty sure she'll win unless some really screwed up voting takes place. Carlos and Nick had a lot of dancing experience prior, and yet they haven't really progressed because they were so talented and experienced to begin with. In a dream world, I'd love to see Alek, Bindi, Nick, then Carlos, but that won't happen. In the real world, I see it as Bindi, Carlos, Nick and Alek.
He was easily weaker than a few of the ones that have gone home already. He is just riding this year's "hero" story. With his ability he should have been gone 3-4 weeks ago.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:08 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,385 times
Definitely rooting for Bindi!

Old 11-22-2015, 09:13 AM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Definitely rooting for Bindi!
Me too!! I love her!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV