Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 08:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I would counter to say that athletes are in showbiz too. They are used to being in front of the camera and speaking with the press. Alex was just a regular guy before all of this.
There are many people who regularly speak with the press that I am sure couldn't dance a lick if their life depended on it......politicians come to mind.

Speaking to the press hardly gives someone a leg up on the dance floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 08:23 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Quote:
Why not? Dancing is only part of it. Fan choices also is a part.

You're right, of course. I really wish they weren't. Maybe one vote but five? It's ridiculous. However, I get that it's part of the game. Gotta make the audience feel part of the show, right?

As far as Nick and Alek, kudos to them for all they have accomplished in life. But for me it is all about the dance. It's that simple.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
I would counter to say that athletes are in showbiz too. They are used to being in front of the camera and speaking with the press. Alex was just a regular guy before all of this.

Agreed!! And so glad that Alek is going to go on tour!

Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 PM

Well, no surprises tonight. Congrats to the winner.

And glad to hear that Len will be back in the Spring!!!!

Last edited by TFW46; 11-24-2015 at 09:09 PM..

Old 11-24-2015, 09:00 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
As it should be.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:23 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Well, no surprises tonight. Congrats to the winner.

And glad to hear that Len will be back in the Spring!!!!
Definitely no surprise that Bindi won. Would be wrong if she didn't with all her outstanding performances. In past seasons it was closer, but for this one it seemed pretty clear that Bindi was always going to be the one to beat and in the end no one could compete with her. Happy that she won, but sad that we don't get to see her dance weekly anymore.

Also with Len coming back does that mean Julianne is out?? Can they both stay because I love them both.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
...Also with Len coming back does that mean Julianne is out?? Can they both stay because I love them both.

There were four judges last season and I imagine there will be four again next season.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Definitely no surprise that Bindi won. Would be wrong if she didn't with all her outstanding performances. In past seasons it was closer, but for this one it seemed pretty clear that Bindi was always going to be the one to beat and in the end no one could compete with her. Happy that she won, but sad that we don't get to see her dance weekly anymore.

Also with Len coming back does that mean Julianne is out?? Can they both stay because I love them both.
^^I thought the same thing, but for a different reason. I was a huge Julianne fan when she was a dancer, but I'm not a fan of hers as a judge. I was hoping with Len's return, she'd go on to other endeavors...

I am so glad Alek decided to go on tour because they're on the schedule to come to Tucson!!! I'm also really glad that a regular guy, with no dance experience, and no celebrity experience (other than his few days of heroism before going on DWTS) could rise to the final three. Obviously, his votes came for his backstory, and he wasn't a dancer, but he sure had heart and was fun to root for.

I was also pleased that Nick was so gracious and said that Bindi most definitely deserved the win. She did. She annoyed me the first few weeks with her loudness and her over-excitability, but she was a natural born dancer, and really was the one to beat each week. What an amazing young lady! I'll bet she puts her winnings toward her wildlife charities in her dad's name.

Congratulations on a fabulous season. I had my serious doubts when the cast was announced, but as usual, when the outliers are voted out, the remaining dancers seem to have an "a-ha" moment and really become serious. I hope next season they will use Sasha, Artem and Keo more.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
...I'll bet she puts her winnings toward her wildlife charities in her dad's name...

I read somewhere, about a month ago, that Bindi said all her earnings from the show would go to Australia Zoo, which her dad founded.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:58 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
^^I thought the same thing, but for a different reason. I was a huge Julianne fan when she was a dancer, but I'm not a fan of hers as a judge. I was hoping with Len's return, she'd go on to other endeavors...

I am so glad Alek decided to go on tour because they're on the schedule to come to Tucson!!! I'm also really glad that a regular guy, with no dance experience, and no celebrity experience (other than his few days of heroism before going on DWTS) could rise to the final three. Obviously, his votes came for his backstory, and he wasn't a dancer, but he sure had heart and was fun to root for.

I was also pleased that Nick was so gracious and said that Bindi most definitely deserved the win. She did. She annoyed me the first few weeks with her loudness and her over-excitability, but she was a natural born dancer, and really was the one to beat each week. What an amazing young lady! I'll bet she puts her winnings toward her wildlife charities in her dad's name.

Congratulations on a fabulous season. I had my serious doubts when the cast was announced, but as usual, when the outliers are voted out, the remaining dancers seem to have an "a-ha" moment and really become serious. I hope next season they will use Sasha, Artem and Keo more.
Bindy is incredable. She put her all into the job and then some but the grace and timing is there too. And the joy. I hope she continues to study dance. I think her father is out there smiling right now.

Alek may not have been the best but he also put all he had into it, and there was joy there too. I love that he's going on the tour, and wants to do more dancing and learn more. Its amazing to see someone's horizons spread further than they had expected.

This season was much more satisfactory than many, much more like the early seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV