Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 01:43 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Miss Len and Max. The show used to be my favorite, but it all seems so rushed now and they always seem to focus in on favorites too readily from the beginning.
I mean come on, how do they expect middle-aged+ ''average fitness'' stars to compete with Olympic champions, boxers, etc?
I watch until my favs are gone, then check in at the end to see which buff young thang has won.
Drew Lachey, Emmit Smith, Helio Castaneves, Kristi Yamaguchi, Donny Osmond, Jennifer Grey, Hines Ward, J.R. Martinez, Donald Driver, Kellie Pickler, Amber Riley, Alfonso Ribiero and Rumer Willis are not "buff young thang" contestants. Donny and Jennifer were in their 50's when they won.

Kelly Monaco, Apolo Ono, Brooke Burke, Shawn Johnson, Nicole Sherzinger, Melissa Rycroft and Meryl Davis might fit that description.

Those are all your winners. 13 not "buff young thang", 7 possible "buff young thang". 0 definite "buff young thang".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:10 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Andy was just an afterthought like before when Maks, Derek, Val "are in jeopardy" it would have been Paula going home had Kim not been let go. Poor Tony again. I like Andy did you see his poor face when they said he was in jeopardy?
Andy's emotions surprised me. I am liking him a little better.

Quote:

Alex (is that the train dude?) is really surprising me he held strong lines last night needs to work on his head & facial expressions. I hope he goes final 3
He's my favorite. I read he ran out of practice yesterday when he heard about the school shooting in Oregon as that's where he's going to school now. He was on the phone making sure all his friends were safe.

Quote:

Again IMO, they are exploiting mental illness by keeping Gary around for their laughs we didn't need to know he didn't have on underwear. That wasn't enough Tom had to bring attention to it again by saying Gary went commando. It'd be fine if he didn't have a mental illness & could control what he speaks or does but he can't so send him home.
I don't understand why his family or his agent approved his participation. It's sad to see him, and I feel badly for Anna. It's got to be hard for her to choreograph dances for him. She really has to "dumb down" for him, and as a pro, that's got to be hard. Anna is my favorite pro, always has been, and it's hard to see her paired with Gary. I would have thought she'd be paired with someone with more potential.

Quote:

The Internet kid can go he slouches doesn't listen to the judges critics to improve it and I don't even know what a "vine star" is.
I can't stand this kid's attitude. My son is familiar with his and his brother's internet sites and says they're so "lame it's pathetic".

Quote:

Tamar needs to sit down! I didn't see what the judges saw in her last night I think Val over dances to compensate for her weakness. My eye will go to Val & not her automatically he's the better dancer but I am not a fan of hers either. Seems she won't listen no matter what show she is on from my experience watching her.
Her attitude bothers me a lot. She's so full of herself, and acts as though she thinks she's better than Val. Almost seems as though she has no respect for him or his expertise. I don't like her bossiness.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Andy's emotions surprised me. I am liking him a little better.

He's my favorite. I read he ran out of practice yesterday when he heard about the school shooting in Oregon as that's where he's going to school now. He was on the phone making sure all his friends were safe.

I don't understand why his family or his agent approved his participation. It's sad to see him, and I feel badly for Anna. It's got to be hard for her to choreograph dances for him. She really has to "dumb down" for him, and as a pro, that's got to be hard. Anna is my favorite pro, always has been, and it's hard to see her paired with Gary. I would have thought she'd be paired with someone with more potential.

I can't stand this kid's attitude. My son is familiar with his and his brother's internet sites and says they're so "lame it's pathetic".

Her attitude bothers me a lot. She's so full of herself, and acts as though she thinks she's better than Val. Almost seems as though she has no respect for him or his expertise. I don't like her bossiness.
Is this her first time back since her daughter was born?

If so, maybe she asked to be paired with a "short timer" this season so she could keep her presence on the show alive without losing too much at home time with her toddler.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:15 AM

82 posts, read 70,766 times
Botox Kim knew the rules and should just shut up. Everyone knows she wouldn't go far in the program, she should too. Everything about her is fake, ailment too.
Still like Derek and Aussie girl best, lot's of enthusiasm and joy to watch.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:57 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieloo View Post
Botox Kim knew the rules and should just shut up. Everyone knows she wouldn't go far in the program, she should too. Everything about her is fake, ailment too.
Still like Derek and Aussie girl best, lot's of enthusiasm and joy to watch.
Absolutely. The rule says if you can't make it. And its for any reason. It insures people don't treat the task lightly. And if she can't go on a pressurized plane yet, maybe she *needs* to be home and recovering. Sometimes stuff happens and you don't get to do what you want. That's life.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:05 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
I can't believe there were so many dry eyes after Bindi's dance!! That was just the most gorgeous, from the heart dance I have seen! When I finally realized Derek was Steve and seeing the wonderful look in Bindi's eyes looking at Derek as her father.......OMG,I am still tearing up just remembering. I was sobbing during the dance.

I agreed with Bruno's score.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:07 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I can't believe there were so many dry eyes after Bindi's dance!! That was just the most gorgeous, from the heart dance I have seen! When I finally realized Derek was Steve and seeing the wonderful look in Bindi's eyes looking at Derek as her father.......OMG,I am still tearing up just remembering. I was sobbing during the dance.

She deserved three 10s. The dance was perfection. (By the way, there were no dry eyes here.)

Old 10-05-2015, 08:18 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Different strokes. It was ok. Not a 10.

And how unfair was it for the backstreet boy to dance backstreet way to the backstreet song.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:29 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
And how unfair was it for the backstreet boy to dance backstreet way to the backstreet song.

I was SOOO confused about that! What style of dance did they call it?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:39 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,735,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I was SOOO confused about that! What style of dance did they call it?
It was jazz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV