Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 08:48 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,734,603 times

Advertisements

So... hopefully we can get rid of Paula next. I actually prefer watching Gary over her. She is the better dancer (not by much), but he is a way better entertainer.

Tamar is so much more likeable when she is quiet.... Maybe she will learn something and we can see a new Tamar.

And, regarding Nick, I didn't realize that his home life was so crappy. (I didn't follow BSB. I preferred NSYNC, but I actually really wasn't into boy bands despite being a tween/teen during the boy band era. I owned an NYSYNC CD or two, but no posters or anything.) I find it curious that there is never a mention of his wife, nor have they shown her in the audience. I'm also surprised nothing has been said about Aaron previously competing. Nor has he been shown in attendance at a show. I was trying to think if Nick ever came when Aaron was on, and for some reason I think that he did. Anyway, I'm just surprised it hasn't been mentioned at all. I feel like when the Osmonds competed, Marie was brought up every week during Donny's season.

Last edited by jaynarie; 10-05-2015 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
... I'm also surprised nothing has been said about Aaron previously competing. Nor has he been shown in attendance at a show. I was trying to think if Nick ever came when Aaron was on, and for some reason I think that he did...

The Carter family members apparently dont get along. Nick didnt attend the wedding of his sister (Aaron's twin) last year, choosing to party in Las Vegas, 300 miles away, instead. Nick also didnt attend his other sister's funeral in 2012.

And Aaron was noticeably absent due to mechanical issues with a plane when Nick got married.

Aaron Carter walks his sister Angel down the aisle, but where's Nick? | Daily Mail Online

Aaron Carter Missed Brother Nick's Wedding: Details - Us Weekly

Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,734,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
The Carter family members apparently dont get along. Nick didnt attend the wedding of his sister (Aaron's twin) last year, choosing to party in Las Vegas, 300 miles away, instead. Nick also didnt attend his other sister's funeral in 2012.

And Aaron was noticeably absent due to mechanical issues with a plane when Nick got married.

Aaron Carter walks his sister Angel down the aisle, but where's Nick? | Daily Mail Online

Aaron Carter Missed Brother Nick's Wedding: Details - Us Weekly
I figured as much with Nick talking about how dysfunctional his family was/is. I did wonder if Aaron and DWTS were on bad terms since he's never made another appearance. But he doesn't seem the type to sit in the audience and watch, so there is that.

Like I said, I wasn't big into boy bands, and especially not BSB. Although I do know the words to most of their songs, LOL.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:12 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Missed Tom, where was he? Glad Gary went home; whew, did he think he was getting an award? He just could not shut up.......

Old 10-06-2015, 07:29 AM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Missed Tom, where was he? Glad Gary went home; whew, did he think he was getting an award? He just could not shut up.......
Tom's dad is sick and he was with him. So glad Gary is gone!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:52 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Tom's dad is sick and he was with him. So glad Gary is gone!
Wish Tom's dad, well. Life can be heart wrenching, best regards to Tom and his family.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:16 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I figured as much with Nick talking about how dysfunctional his family was/is. I did wonder if Aaron and DWTS were on bad terms since he's never made another appearance. But he doesn't seem the type to sit in the audience and watch, so there is that.

Like I said, I wasn't big into boy bands, and especially not BSB. Although I do know the words to most of their songs, LOL.
Nick cleaned himself up and got out of that dysfunctional family. He wasn't told about his sister's funeral. I don't think they wanted him there. Sounds like he's better off without them.

My daughter and I are huge BSB fans. Nick & A.J. (the only BSB there Monday night) have both been in rehab, with the help and support of the other members. Nick shared his story on a Dr. Phil episode. I think it's on YouTube.

Joey Fatone from N'Sync is one of his closest friends. He was in the audience Monday night as well. Some of the other boy band members were part of the reality show "O'Town". (despite some media captioning the photo as "BSB")

Old 10-06-2015, 11:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return to 'Dancing With The Stars' - ABC News

Quote:
It was announced exclusively on "Good Morning America" that the
former dancing pro will serve as a guest judge on Monday, Oct. 12.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:54 AM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times

Old 10-07-2015, 09:03 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
I think Julianna is annoying as a judge. Don't like 4 judges. I record the program so I don't have to sit through the commercials and can fast it through the judges comments. I can't understand why they have such a huge age range of people. It's really not fair when your competition is young enough to be your grandson or daughter.
They must be having a difficult time recruiting people for the show. I've never heard of some of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV