Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 12:57 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,027,564 times

Advertisements

I thought Julia was Kelly's friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 04:19 AM

11,890 posts, read 5,865,768 times
Again - I enjoyed the interaction at tribal council. I'm glad things are different and not all the same as it was too easy in the past to fast forward past a lot of the same o same o questions and answers.

I'm sorry that Julia is gone as she was one of my top picks - but I didn't think I'd like Devin and he's really grown on me. I still hope Chris gets back into the game. Not liking Eric, Victoria, Wentworth or Lauren at all.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,284,053 times
I'm on the fence about live tribal councils. I think last night was good and for the most part, I don't have much of a problem with it. TC forces them to all be together at once place and allows someone the opportunity to bust things wide open, especially if someone slips up and says the wrong thing. In the past, probably 95-98% of the time, the vote was already locked before TC started even though producers and the editing would try to make you think it wasn't. It's much more often up in the air now, which is nice.

I think this season has really shown how good, returning players have gained a nuance of the game that new players haven't learned yet. David and Kelley are by far an amazing example of this. They have gone at each other much of the season. Pre-merge it was David really going after Kelley. Post-merge it's been Kelley coming after David. But twice, TWICE, now we've seen them both realize they have to get over their differences and work together. And really good players will realize, as they have, that it's a GAME and a vote against you is not some vengeful act of hatred (usually). We saw how Devens didn't realize this last week and went off on his former tribe. But this week we saw David realize he really did need to find a way to work with Devens again. And really good players will be able to see the clues and figure out when they need to work with someone that was their enemy last week. And this is why these people were crazy to not get David and Kelley out earlier in the season. They are both too good. They both can read people and the situation. I think they are the two best players out there this season. Despite that, maybe this shows why pairing new players with some returning players is not a good idea. Granted we've never seen a returning player win when playing with new people, but every single time, at least one returning player has made it to the final tribal.

Very strange episode all around. No reward challenge and no explanation. I didn't pay enough attention to see what it said the days were to know if the typical 3 days passed between tribal councils. I don't think Survivor has ever not shown a reward challenge. Amazing Race has edited out challenges before that didn't affect anything to save time in the episode but I don't think Survivor has ever done that. Maybe there was no planned reward challenge. I don't know.

Probst says 2 people are "going home" next week (i assume he means getting voted out, not actually leaving the game). Since having to watch on demand means sitting through 2 to 2 1/2 minutes of commercials to watch 15 seconds of "Next time on Survivor", I didn't watch the end of episode preview so I don't know if the 2 people going home was mentioned on that or not.

Last edited by ischyros; 04-12-2019 at 08:03 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 08:18 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,545,922 times
"Going Home" to me means leaving the Edge. People being voted off aren't necessarily going home. That said, it's likely a mix of both coming up, that or a double elimination, which he did not say.

No, I didn't see it in the episode preview for next week.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:08 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,027,564 times
Kind of strange that David and Devins seemed to be out on the Julia vote and played their HII.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:56 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,216,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
The Tribal Council "huddles" are getting a bit old for me. I wish they would have a rule that said once you sit down at TC, you can't get up again until the vote. They could still talk among themselves, but not in the huddles.
That would be better than all the chaos at last tribal but I did like it the first TC folks got up and talked to the other side. It just seems when something new gets introduced to the game they play the heck out of it the following seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
I'm not trying to start a controversy, but this season while entertaining in spots, is pretty unmemorable. Last night during the supposed "unforgettable TC" I was struggling to remember who the players were. They kept mentioning "Julia" and I thinking, "which one is Julia" She was a nonplayer for most of the season.

IMO, as dumb as it is, I think returning players should be in their own season, and newbes should have their own season. I would be more invested in the outcome that way. What do you guys think?
I think we all agree returning players should stay out of future seasons.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,216,731 times
Check out what Julia has to say when she says "if" we just don't understand this type of "if" when it comes to survivor. It is do or die if you make to the show folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8g23bl-uc

Also I think her name is Aurora, she voted last in the above video, boy they must all really not like this woman for some reason. For her to be that far off the mark in voting makes me want to pull for her to win.

I hope they start sending home jury members and Wentworth next.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:35 AM

5,542 posts, read 7,136,928 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRr4FLvo_do

Old 04-13-2019, 09:57 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,788,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That would be better than all the chaos at last tribal but I did like it the first TC folks got up and talked to the other side. It just seems when something new gets introduced to the game they play the heck out of it the following seasons.

Jax I was thinking the same thing! So annoying when they take something form a past season to the next level.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:36 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,284,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Season 40 next Spring is rumored to be an all-winners season! So I don't think you're getting your wish. Though Probst is on the record, as recently as last year, that there aren't enough winners that either people would want to see back or that would actually return and play again. If it isn't all winners, it does seem well known that producers want to do something really big for Season 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV