Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times

Advertisements

How are they going to explain this one:

Chris Robinson Returns to General Hospital - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Maybe Rick's ghost will haunt Scotty for killing him and blaming Laura. Whatever happens, I sure hope the damage done to Rick's character by Guza is somehow reversed. I don't care how.

I’m having a big problem with Laura and Scott. She’s acting like a woman in an abusive relationship: Scott is always right, I’ll have to check with Scott, etc. etc. It’s freaking me out.

Poor Laura can’t win: Luke raped her, and Scott killed her father and let her think she did it. She needs an Option Three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 PM

708 posts, read 1,060,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Am I the only one who hates Sabrina? Sorry, I just had to ask.

I love having Felicia and Mac back on the show. Frisco can leave yesterday. Scotty is meanier than he should be considering his change after Dominique and I don't like that. Usually I love Lucy but she's been a little too emotional and over the top. I like Duke as long as he's not with Ana. Laura is better without Luke than she is with him. He diminishes her so I hope they stay apart. Bbl
I actually like Sabrina.I hate Britt.And Kate.Connie is just more fun to watch.My all time favorite is Tracy.She clashes with everyone.I guess with the exception of Britt,I favor the "bad" characters.

I agree with Ohiogirl81,I don't like Laura and Scott together.Not only for what he did to her,but also for how he feels about Lulu.And is it me,or does Liz seem to just be a supporting character lately?Not really in the thick of the storylines anymore.Maybe this growing relationship with AJ will change that.

Anyway,I love the show.Glad to see others talking about it.I was getting a little jealous of the "Days of Our Lives" thread!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,426,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
How are they going to explain this one:

Chris Robinson Returns to General Hospital - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Maybe Rick's ghost will haunt Scotty for killing him and blaming Laura. Whatever happens, I sure hope the damage done to Rick's character by Guza is somehow reversed. I don't care how.

I’m having a big problem with Laura and Scott. She’s acting like a woman in an abusive relationship: Scott is always right, I’ll have to check with Scott, etc. etc. It’s freaking me out.

Poor Laura can’t win: Luke raped her, and Scott killed her father and let her think she did it. She needs an Option Three.
I loved Laura and Stefan. I agree about Scotty. He's just another character ruined by Guza but if the actor would use his talents to make different acting choices he can make Scotty less one-dimensional . This isn't the Scotty I'd grown to love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnj1970 View Post
I actually like Sabrina.I hate Britt.And Kate.Connie is just more fun to watch.My all time favorite is Tracy.She clashes with everyone.I guess with the exception of Britt,I favor the "bad" characters.

I agree with Ohiogirl81,I don't like Laura and Scott together.Not only for what he did to her,but also for how he feels about Lulu.And is it me,or does Liz seem to just be a supporting character lately?Not really in the thick of the storylines anymore.Maybe this growing relationship with AJ will change that.

Anyway,I love the show.Glad to see others talking about it.I was getting a little jealous of the "Days of Our Lives" thread!
I might be able to tolerate Sabrina if she would stay out of Patrick's orbit. She's such a Disney princess she makes my teeth ache. She just comes off as an immature teen and seems much too young, to nervous and unsure of herself. She is so not Patrick's type.

Last edited by trishguard; 03-12-2013 at 04:46 PM..

Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM

More GH fans! Hooray! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnj1970 View Post
I actually like Sabrina.I hate Britt.
Sabrina I can tolerate, but not with Patrick. She's not right for him. Britt, if she weren't such a meanie, would be -- she's smart and sassy and beautiful. But she's a meanie; her nickname on some of the soap boards is "Britch".

I do like the actress that plays Britt; she actually has talent and substance.

Quote:
I don't like Laura and Scott together.Not only for what he did to her,but also for how he feels about Lulu.
Forgot about Lulu. Hmph.

Quote:
I was getting a little jealous of the "Days of Our Lives" thread!
I watch both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I loved Laura and Stefan.
I loved Stefan. I'd have holed myself up at Wyndemere for the rest of my life for him. LOL

Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM

708 posts, read 1,060,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
More GH fans! Hooray! "

Sabrina I can tolerate, but not with Patrick. She's not right for him. Britt, if she weren't such a meanie, would be -- she's smart and sassy and beautiful. But she's a meanie; her nickname on some of the soap boards is "Britch".

I do like the actress that plays Britt; she actually has talent and substance.

Forgot about Lulu. Hmph.

I watch both!

I loved Stefan. I'd have holed myself up at Wyndemere for the rest of my life for him. LOL
Darn.must spread some rep first.A good post.I agree with you on Britt.I am kind of a guy version of Sabrina,so I feel for her.

I have heard her called "the Britch"by one of the characters,too.I think it was Liz. Maybe Felix.

It is fun to see some of the older characters coming back,even if it is for only a little while.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
I think what they are trying to do with Sabrina is turn her from the ugly duckling into the beautiful swan, ala Lucy Coe back in the day. But it is plain to see how beautiful the girl is regardless of how dorky they try to make her look.

I heard Liz calling Britt the Britch, too.

It is interesting to see the opinions about who Bob Guza ruined while he was at the helm. I couldn't watch it anymore with all of the mob crap every day, then when I turned it on and saw some of the oldies--a bunch of them--I was drawn back in!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM

8,074 posts, read 4,749,870 times
I never watched GH before last year, but even I get the warm fuzzies about all the returning favorites from the show's past. I guess it's nice to see them honoring the show's past rather than trying to "plow it under" the way previous regimes did.

While I think Sabrina is a bit "over-exposed" as a character, I like the actress and hope they will eventually give her more to do than moon over Patrick. She's got "Cinderella made over for the ball" written all over her, but I think it would be too simplistic for them to write her suddenly acting her age simply because she takes off the glasses and straightens out her hair. We know her "great love for Patrick" (/sarcasm) is doomed because Robin is still alive and out there somewhere--I'd hazard a guess she will re-appear at the Nurses' Ball--so they better have a Plan B for the character.
If she could just get some self-confidence and quit letting everyone else take care of her, she'd be just fine as a reliable nurse character on a show that is supposed to revolve around a hospital.

And though they dropped a few hints that Sabrina might turn out to be the missing Quartermaine heir, I personally hope it turns out to be Ellie. Seeing a no-nonsense girl like Ellie dropped into a comedy troupe like the Q's would be a hoot.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
It is interesting to see the opinions about who Bob Guza ruined while he was at the helm.
Pretty much ... everyone. Although for a brief moment he transformed Sam from a clingy gun moll into an independent, smart woman -- a great improvement -- but then she regressed. *sigh*

Maybe he didn't ruin Carly. Carly has always been Carly, although she, too, shows signs of growth. If she could only restrain herself from quickies with Sonny ... And it's nice that she no longer has Jason to obsess over.

But the list of character assassinations and senseless murders/deaths under Guza's despotic rule is much shorter than the list of those who were spared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
And though they dropped a few hints that Sabrina might turn out to be the missing Quartermaine heir, I personally hope it turns out to be Ellie. Seeing a no-nonsense girl like Ellie dropped into a comedy troupe like the Q's would be a hoot.
I like that idea. Ellie would knock some sense into the Qs, or at least she'd try. I'd like to see her go up against Tracy! LOL Sabrina would be too overshadowed, unless her coming-out also includes her personality.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,737 times
I am trying to watch after a 30 year break. The early 1980s the show just became too unbelievable/bizarre, I gave up. But in the 1970s early 1980s, I never missed an episode.

Some of the story lines have me totally lost. Seeing Scotty so sleazy is yuck for me. I loved him when I was a teen. He was SO cute! Luke and Laura got married the same week I did, November of 1981 so that will always be special to me. I HATE seeing how Scotty controls Laura. Yuck! I always loved Tracy Q. so it is a hoot to see her the same.

I have to admit I fast forward so much of it because I don't know who 80% of these people are. Don't know if the oldies will stick around after the anniversary is over.

The Sabrina storyline is totally baffling to me, and she seems like such a geek.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM

8,074 posts, read 4,749,870 times
Genie Francis (Laura) has been quite vocal over the years in her refusal to return to GH unless her character was more "empowered", since the character was systematically torn down by previous regimes, esp. the JFP years. Her insistence on this as a "term" of her agreeing to return tells me there is something major (a story or at least some major turning point) planned for her character in this return, since she is currently written as being controlled by Scotty and not having much "fight" in her. Since her on-screen daughter Lulu is about to be disappear (in order to be recast), I'm hoping she will be part of the search and the story will bring her and Luke back together, and hopefully it will make Scotty leave her alone! I'm not sure I'd want L&L together on-screen for good (Tony Geary gets on my nerves), but the temptation to have another "caper" for the anniversary is too good to resist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV