Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,651,433 times

Advertisements

One of the best things recently was when Robin got married and her parents were there. It was great when they showed the flashbacks of when robin was about 6 and met her father, Robert, for the first time. It was just so cool to see the same little girl, all grown up and getting married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 AM

631 posts, read 1,886,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
One of the best things recently was when Robin got married and her parents were there. It was great when they showed the flashbacks of when robin was about 6 and met her father, Robert, for the first time. It was just so cool to see the same little girl, all grown up and getting married.

Yes, that was so cool. I caught that episode too. I like it that they have kept the original Robin and let her age at a normal rate. It always trips me out when they take a character from 8 to 15 in a few months.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,024,768 times
I know wasn't she the cutest lil thing, you've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post

Old 10-01-2009, 03:59 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,864,340 times
Default James Franco joining General Hospital

This seems very odd to me and a bad career move. It's a short stint but still. Has he actually heard the dialogue on these shows?

James Franco is headed for 'General Hospital'; big screen star will have recurring, 2-month role

Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,651,433 times
I thought the link was good. I am looking forward to the return of the "real" Lucky!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:31 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times
I would definitely start watching the show if was portraying his pot dealing character, Saul, from Pineapple Express

Old 10-02-2009, 06:36 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,864,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
I would definitely start watching the show if was portraying his pot dealing character, Saul, from Pineapple Express
I hate Daytime Television but even I would tune in for that!

Who thinks this will be the start of a new trend?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,159,573 times
Default General Hospital - 50 Years

The longest-running daytime drama currently on the air is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary this year. After being run into the ground for nearly a decade on ABC, GH came back strong a little over a year ago when Producer Frank Valentini and Head Writer Ron Carlivati took over the reigns. Over the past year, the team has brought back legacy and fan favorite GH characters both in contract and recurring roles (even if they pop in and out of town from time to time) as well as former One Life to Live characters:

Anna Devane (Finola Hughes)
Heather Webber (Robin Mattson)
Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers)
Duke Lavery (Ian Buchanan)
Holly Sutton (Emma Samms)
Lucy Coe (Lynn Herring)
Cesar Faison (Anders Hove)
Felicia Jones (Kristina Wagner)
A.J. Quartermaine (Sean Kanan)
Ned Ashton (Wally Kurth)
Alan Quartermaine (Stuart Damon)
Skye Quartermaine (Robin Christopher)
Noah Drake (Rick Springfield)
Jasper Jacks (Ingo Rademacher)
Jerry Jacks (Sebastian Roche)
Diane Miller (Carolyn Hennesy)
Helena Cassadine (Constance Towers)
Robin Scorpio-Drake (Kimberly McCullough)
Skye Quartermaine (Robin Christopher)

Other characters returning within the next month or so:

Laura Spencer (Genie Francis)
Frisco Jones (Jack Wagner)
Kevin Collins (Jon Lindstrom)
Scott Baldwin (Kin Shriner)
Allison Barrington (Erin Hershey Presley)

Talked about returns:
Jagger Cates (Antonio Sabato Jr.)
Victor Cassadine (Thaao Penghlis)
Brenda Barrett (Vanessa Marcil)

Current GH/Former/Current One Life to Live Cast Members:
Todd Manning (Roger Howarth)
John McBain (Michael Easton)
Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson)

Current GH Recurring/Former/Current OLTL cast:
Tea Delgado (Florencia Lozano)
Blair Cramer (Kassie DePaiva)

It is still up in the air regarding the status of the characters that Howarth, Easton, and Alderson portray as they are owned by Prospect Park, the production company that is reviving One Life to Live and All My Children as the anchor programs on The Online Network (TOLN). Therefore, these characters/actors may be doing double duty for a short period of time until it is all sorted out between Prospect Park and ABC.

In any case, if you are a fan of daytime dramas, it is a great time to be watching General Hospital regardless of whether you are a longtime fan or a newer one.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Thanks for this post. I have been catching it from time to time lately, and it's as if I've stepped into a time machine! I am loving seeing all the oldies but goodies showing up. It is so nice to not see a shootout at the end of every episode, which is one of the reasons I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

It is also funny trying to see them figure out what to do with the little crossover stuff from Port Charles and One Life to Live, and Lucy and poor John McBain/Caleb!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,159,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Thanks for this post. I have been catching it from time to time lately, and it's as if I've stepped into a time machine! I am loving seeing all the oldies but goodies showing up. It is so nice to not see a shootout at the end of every episode, which is one of the reasons I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

It is also funny trying to see them figure out what to do with the little crossover stuff from Port Charles and One Life to Live, and Lucy and poor John McBain/Caleb!
Well, apparently there is a plan to address all of the Port Charles stuff (specifically the 13-week arcs towards the end of the series). We should be seeing Allison Barrington arrive in town soon and that will kick off a mystery involving Lucy, Sam, John, Anna, Duke, and perhaps others (from what I've read).

I think it has been interesting watching popular characters from different periods of time on GH interacting (Heather/Anna, Lucy/Heather, Luke/Duke), etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV