Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 PM

137 posts, read 119,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
Then she lets her bitchy sister control what she says to her son like WTF! get some balls and you tell ur sis to back up and YOU decide when and if its the right thing to tell your son. Ugh I was just so freaking annoyed with her.. shes horrible!
^THIS! I was wondering if anyone caught that! I don't care if it was my sister, Marie had no right to demand that she tell Walt Jr. everything right then and there! Skyler was definitely in a bad frame of mind, just getting the news about Walt from her (which it almost looked like Marie was gloating, didn't it? ) and it was just wrong of Marie to do that, knowing how it would devastate Walt Jr.

Last edited by Ms. Anony Mous; 09-19-2013 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 01:34 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Good points. I'd also add that Todd is the one who seems to be bent on continuing to cook. Maybe it's a pride thing for him? Maybe he's trying to impress Lydia (who he seems to have an unhealthy attraction to)? But more likely I think it's a way to continue their enterprise with the Czechs/Lydia. The money buys their gang a lot of breathing room and power, but continuing the meth ring is so incredibly lucrative that I can't imagine they would give up on it. Walt made $80mm in 6-8 months or less? If they increase the quality (through Jesse) they could make nearly as much. Which means they are sitting on a gold mine.
I believe it's all about Todd, and his obsession with Lydia. None of the others were even around, they might not even know, or care that he's doing it. They didn't even hold Walt to his promise to do one cook, and were happily going to kill Jesse until Todd stepped in, realizing he would lose Lydia if he can't make blue meth. The others seem to have lost all interest in meth once they got the money. That's the genius of this show, Todd's creepy obsession with Lydia played perfectly into keeping Jesse alive for what will likely be a part played in the final episodes.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:53 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I agree. You're either in or you're out, no middle ground.
Nonsense. There's a universe of middle ground between meth cooking/killing the occaisional cartel gangster and killing a family member. Lots of middle ground there. Being "in" with one doesn't mean you have to be "in" with the other.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Nonsense. There's a universe of middle ground between meth cooking/killing the occaisional cartel gangster and killing a family member. Lots of middle ground there. Being "in" with one doesn't mean you have to be "in" with the other.
You mean like Lydia that sets up a mass killing but can't bare to look at the results?

Old 09-19-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Walt wasn't even "in" for killing Hank, he was willing to be carted away in handcuffs, all the money gone to save Hank. The sisters don't know what happened to Hank, just that he's likely dead, and Walt was involved.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:19 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Walt wasn't even "in" for killing Hank, he was willing to be carted away in handcuffs, all the money gone to save Hank. The sisters don't know what happened to Hank, just that he's likely dead, and Walt was involved.
Right. it's Skyler I was referring to. She thinks Walt either killed Hank, or had him killed somehow, so she's no longer "in." To suggest that she should have to stay "in" is absurd. Everyone has a line that must not be crossed, and Walt obviously crossed hers.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anony Mous View Post
^THIS! I was wondering if anyone caught that! I don't care if it was my sister, Marie had no right to demand that she tell Walt Jr. everything right then and there! Skyler was definitely in a bad frame of mind, just getting the news about Walt from her (which it almost looked like Marie was gloating, didn't it? ) and it was just wrong of Marie to do that, knowing how it would devastate Walt Jr.
Marie was definitely gloating, which is somewhat understandable considering what they did with that tape. Marie said she would tell him if Skyler didn't so she was stuck, and she thought they were busted.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:26 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,614,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post

"Skyler is the biggest dude on the show"...what does that even mean?

I tell you, I tell you every'ting..She look-a like a man.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:31 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
He told Skyler, with tears in his eyes, that he didn't kill Hank, he tried to save him, but she wasn't listening, she had already made up her mind.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He told Skyler, with tears in his eyes, that he didn't kill Hank, he tried to save him, but she wasn't listening, she had already made up her mind.
I think she was listening, she knew Walt was trying to clear her. At this point she doesn't know what actually happened, but the fact remains she and Marie both know that Walt's business got Hank killed, nobody was "in" for that, not even Walt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV