Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 06:58 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,494,794 times

Advertisements

Very well done episode, especially since there wasn't a lot of action. Definitely a "calm before the storm" episode. Glad we got some answers as to why the house was abandoned, what Walt did for the months in NH (what a cruel and well-deserved fate: barrel full of millions but no way to get it to the people who need it), and what Poor Jesse is being used for.

I guess now we kinda understand why the Better Call Saul spinoff will be a prequel. I'm guessing with the identity change and change of locale that it wouldn't be quite as exciting following around a manager of a Cinnabons.

And Robert Forster...well done, Vince Gilligan. That was a nice surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 07:04 AM

8,465 posts, read 7,482,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
That was wrong and way off
Todd is F%^*en Crazy!
Yes, yes it was way off.

But it was just my guess.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:08 AM

9,156 posts, read 14,817,096 times
Yeah, I like they way they are returning to the issues surrounding Gray Matter and the real issue Walt has dealt with from the beginning, him feeling a lack of credit for his intellect or his creations. As Heisenberg, he had something that he did, that people respected. Even though it was an alter ego, he did it and it was known. Now, the blue meth continues, the Gray Matter people have completely moved on and diminished his contribution almost to nothing, his family wants nothing to do with him (though I wonder if Walt Jr er Flynn is still driving the car Walt bought for him) and he really does have nothing to show for it all in the end.

Also, as they showed with the Aryans, this show is also about greed and how it destroys everyone. All these people with so much money and all they want is more of it, and it is their downfall.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
More so it triggered that Jesse is alive since the Blue meth out there, so that made him not turn himself in and triggered even more revenge against the AB. They have his money and they didn't take care of Jesse like they said they would.
I don't think it had much to do with Jesse. He didn't even look up when they mentioned the blue meth came back. But he did look up when Gretchen started talking about what kind of man he use to be. I think the way they described his role in making that multi-billion dollar company hurt his ego more than anything.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 AM

137 posts, read 120,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Very well done episode, especially since there wasn't a lot of action. Definitely a "calm before the storm" episode. Glad we got some answers as to why the house was abandoned, what Walt did for the months in NH (what a cruel and well-deserved fate: barrel full of millions but no way to get it to the people who need it), and what Poor Jesse is being used for.

I guess now we kinda understand why the Better Call Saul spinoff will be a prequel. I'm guessing with the identity change and change of locale that it wouldn't be quite as exciting following around a manager of a Cinnabons.

And Robert Forster...well done, Vince Gilligan. That was a nice surprise.
It certainly was a nice surprise! I'm a big fan of Robert Forster. He's a great actor.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:22 AM

8,465 posts, read 7,482,860 times
Quote:
More so it triggered that Jesse is alive since the Blue meth out there, so that made him not turn himself in and triggered even more revenge against the AB. They have his money and they didn't take care of Jesse like they said they would.
OK, that makes more sense than what I originally thought was going on in Walt's mind as he watched the Schwartz's being interviewed on TV. I read it as Walt being ticked off at the Schwartz's for saying that Walt had almost nothing to do with the success of Gray Matter Technologies.

Maybe the confirmation of the re-emergence is the trigger for Walt's seeking vengeance on the Aryan gang.

It's a better ending than Walt going into Gray Matter Technologies and laying waste to the office personnel with his M-60 machine gun.

BTW, does anyone else find the last episode had some implausible events? On the first day in New Hampshire, Walt doesn't have the strength to walk to the gate, let alone the eight miles into town, but in a few months after several chemo treatments Walt not only walks to town but also carries the equivalent of half a case of paper along those 8 miles? I've known two people who underwent chemo for cancer. Chemo totally wiped them out physically - it took weeks for them to recover enough to walk maybe a hundred yards, yet Walt trudges eight miles through the snow carrying a box of money that weighs twenty or thirty pounds.

And after the New Hampshire cops show up and Walt's disappeared from the bar - how is he going to escape on foot in the snow in an area where he's an outsider?

Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,158,661 times
Could you imagine how bad the cabin fever would be if you had to pay someone 10 grand to spend a little time with you! I thought Forster might feel sorry for him, and just stay alittle while for free.

I guess Walt then felt he had to get some money to his family, because he knew that Forster would keep it all if he returned to find Walt dead.

Did anyone else get the feeling that it wasn't the AB gang that caught Jesse trying to get over the fence? They never showed their faces. but it probably was...I'm just sayin!

Last edited by slowesthand; 09-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: added

Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 AM

3,050 posts, read 5,002,303 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree with this - knowing that the Nazis are using his recipe to make even more money, and hearing Gretchen and Elliot minimize his contribution to Grey Matter gave him the will to carry on with his plan to take out Jack.

Good call by those who thought this would circle back to Grey Matter - I didn't see that coming!

Lydia going after Skyler (and another Stevia scene!) make her an even stronger candidate for the ricin. I still don't see it - she has been a target for the ricin in the past, why go back there? Perhaps Walt plans on using the ricin on Lydia, but then ends up using it on himself??? I have no clue!

Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM

3,050 posts, read 5,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
And after the New Hampshire cops show up and Walt's disappeared from the bar - how is he going to escape on foot in the snow in an area where he's an outsider?
Don't we see Walt in a car with NH plates? Perhaps next episode will start with his escape. Remember, he has a box full of money, so something like - "Barman - here's 10K for your p.o.s. car". I wonder if he had time to go back and get more money. I don't think we have scene the barrell in any of the flash forwards.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:49 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
OK, that makes more sense than what I originally thought was going on in Walt's mind as he watched the Schwartz's being interviewed on TV. I read it as Walt being ticked off at the Schwartz's for saying that Walt had almost nothing to do with the success of Gray Matter Technologies.

Maybe the confirmation of the re-emergence is the trigger for Walt's seeking vengeance on the Aryan gang.

It's a better ending than Walt going into Gray Matter Technologies and laying waste to the office personnel with his M-60 machine gun.

BTW, does anyone else find the last episode had some implausible events? On the first day in New Hampshire, Walt doesn't have the strength to walk to the gate, let alone the eight miles into town, but in a few months after several chemo treatments Walt not only walks to town but also carries the equivalent of half a case of paper along those 8 miles? I've known two people who underwent chemo for cancer. Chemo totally wiped them out physically - it took weeks for them to recover enough to walk maybe a hundred yards, yet Walt trudges eight miles through the snow carrying a box of money that weighs twenty or thirty pounds.

They are who the ricin is for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV