Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 08:54 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times

Advertisements

Homeland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
Better Call Saul.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 PM

934 posts, read 1,129,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I spent literally all day catching up on Breaking Bad. Season 5 (starting with episode 2 this morning), till the latest one, season 6 episode 6. I never have been addicted to a television show like this before, much less watch TV. I haven't been able to peel myself off the couch after watching this show. Now that I'm caught up, I can finally discuss this with some co-workers haha.

The ending to episode 6 makes for a lot of open discussion. I think it's fair to say that Walter isn't going to get off that easy. I have my predictions on Walter, but I hope I'm wrong. As far as Jesse goes, I think he's going to cook, but he'll cook the batch wrong on purpose. As far as Hank goes, I wasn't expecting him to be that manly before he gets killed. "He made up his mind 10 minutes ago".. I think I froze .

Anyways, I'm really excited for the new episode, I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Amazon instant videos after the air date. I certainly wasn't going to wait for Netflix to air season 6.. blah.

I'm thinking this is original television come as close to Greek tragedy and Shakespeare as we have ever seen.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I would suspect that Hank wanted Walt alone to extract some (more) physical abuse on him, maybe even kill him and say he tried to escape. Of course, now that Hank is dead, we will never know what he was thinking (unless there is some kind of bizaar flash back in the last two episodes).

Yeah........no.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What will we watch when this is over?
We will be hopelessly depressed souls, never satisfied with the mediocrity of other television series. I might as well put my TV sets on craigslist or eBay. Sigh.

OK, to give you an actual answer: I recently signed up for Netflix and have been working my way through Mad Men. I've also heard good things about Orange is the New Black. Justified also comes highly recommended, but it's not on Netflix streaming (only Netflix DVD).

You ask a great question, and I hope to read some good suggestions here.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 PM

Orange is the new black is a fun binge watch. It doesn't compare to BB. Homeland is awesome too, but again, misses the mark of BB. Dexter burned out long ago.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I keep thinking about the one scene when Hank said,"the Calvery is coming" and Walt said,"No it's not".
That Could of saved hanks life.

I don't think Hank says that because he feels he will live. He knows he's dead.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:46 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,730 times
Yeah, Homeland and Justified, while good, are a big dropoff after Breaking Bad. Some older shows come a little closer, obviously The Wire but I'm sure everyone has seen that, and even that is completely different kind of show.

For me, the closest thing is The Shield - frenetic action combined with great writing and acting. Main character tries to walk the line between good and evil. And with seven seasons to chew on, keeps you busy for awhile...

Some excellent Brit shows out there too - Cracker, Wallander and Luther top my list.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:55 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,818 times
We haven't heard from Ted Beneke in quite awhile. Wonder if he'll make a reappearance in the last two episodes?

Old 09-20-2013, 05:20 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
Orange is the new black is a fun binge watch. It doesn't compare to BB.
True that it does not compare, but Orange is the New Black is certainly binge-worthy.

I couldn't get into Homeland, but I love Mad Men.

Luther is excellent. There is Rome (disc only, no streaming) on Netflix.

And I can always break out my boxed set of Deadwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV