Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 04:45 PM

238 posts, read 1,071,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhex View Post
wait wat r u talkin abour we love all wite?
thats not true sure der r alot of dominican who have that trujillo mind sey
but puerto ricans are way worse at it, im in the US military n i can tell u that pr has alot mort racism than dr, but most of the dominicans are pround of our heritgue and race is not a problem people judged more on social class, women don care if ur blanco or negro as long has ur part of the higher class
and i wanna now wat u mean that drs african heritigue is a lye?
we have alot of african blood n we r pround of it, if u dink we r ashamed explain merengue, bachata palo music, the african hair styles like dreads, braids ext
unlike many more puerto ricans who dislike darkness, who dink black is ugly
i am not racist against puerto ricans i hate people who dislike people for race , ethnicity, religion ext, i jus dislike ignorant people who dont no history
and have a eurocentric or viva espana mind set, dat goes for dominicans also
but the spanish look dont upon us, most of dem see us as der trash and these racist dominicans and puerto ricans dont realize we r not much diferent
You sound extremely racist. Look at me I ain't racist and I'm Puerto Rican. The biggest mistake you can make is to generalize any nation. This is turning into a hate thread. Who gives a flying fuzz who has more African Blood? Is anyone here ashamed? We are all unique and thank GOD for that.

In the second paragraph you contradict yourself by saying you're not racist even though you are being in the first.

These kind of discussions are so immature and should in no way be promoted. I for one believe in a united Caribbean, and so does the rest of the progressive world. Get with the game plan or get stuck in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,556 times
I won't even bother to read bkhex posts. I don't speak ghetto.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:47 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
ok its my bad i didnt mean to put 10% ofvourse is higher than that
but wer do u dink that the taino heritigue servided in PR, not in san juan and the major cities wer the european imperialists wer
da tainos survided in puerto ricos inland areas wer the spanish could not go kill dem and destroy ther cultures so the real boricuas of the island dont reside in the wealthier population dey reside in the campos
same for dr
now dr has more african and taino heritigue for 1 simple reason
not only cuz the spanish controled less area in tha island than in PR
but cuz dey passed laws protecting the natives before any other nation in the americas not only dat wen tousaint and his soldiers arived in santo domingo alot of the wites fled to pr wid help of the spanish but dey only let richer wite familys leave with dem, dats y dr has less spanish dan any other nation in the americas keep in mind that records show dat amost half the spanish men had colored wifes mostly of native desent and if u look at the islands history u would see that after the haitian gorvernment took over they began to discriminate agaisnt the mullatto and wite population so many hatians wid mix rave left to the east side of the island wen dr gained its independece dats y we are more african and taino dan the rest of the americas
What is this??? Is this some kind of joke? How could anyone expect to be take serious when writing like this?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 PM

6 posts, read 16,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
What is this??? Is this some kind of joke? How could anyone expect to be take serious when writing like this?

Mi primer idioma es español
im sorry that my inglesh isnt perfect

Old 07-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Mi primer idioma es español
im sorry that my inglesh isnt perfect
Mi primer idioma tambien es el español. Pero dado a que este forum es en ingles, hay que acoplarse al idioma de esta nacion. Pero ni modo, mete mano y escribe tu opinion en español para entender lo que tratas de compartir, porque mano. . .tu ingles esta mas fatal que el de Celia Cruz. Como decia ella, "my inglish is not too bery good lookin. . .pero me defiendo!"

Old 10-10-2010, 04:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,035 times
Default We eat from the same plate and use the same toilet but we don't want to smell each other's sh...it...

I understand where some Puertoricans are coming from when they talk about Dominicans (either legal or illegal) in their Island. I've been in both sides of the Isle. You see, my father is Puertorican and my mother is half Puertorican and half Dominican, we were both born in the DR my mother moved to PR over 50 years ago after my grandfather died and my father left, the reason was that she wanted to make a better living because she was a single mother and even though she was a prepared person (she was a nurse) she thought the opportunities would be better in PR since she had 4 or 5 Puertorican siblings and I believe 4 uncles and aunts there, BUMMER!, she had to work 10 to 12 hours a day in a factory just to make ends meet, but she never, ever confronted or encountered the dislike and the hatred towards Dominicans that's so prevalent now a days not only in the Island but also in NY where I live now, even though 99 percent of the people that worked with her didn't know that she was 50% Puertorrican.

As for myself, I got to PR in the early 70s (legally I might add) at a very young age and, not even a week after I'd arrived, I started making friends in the Barrio and all of those people I befriended were all Puertorricans and knowing that I was Dominican, they accepted me as one of theirs without knowing that I was more than half Puertorrican, they found that out as time passed. When I was leaving in DR, I was "el hijo del Puertorriqueno", when I got to PR I was just one of the guys, everyone called me by my name, or the nickname I was given that, had nothing to do with me being Dominican. Yes I consider myself Dominican because I believe you are from where you are born.

Well, after a few years of leaving in PR I married a Puertorrican girl and moved to NYC, we used to go back every other year on vacation and to visit family. We stopped going to PR for a number of years 10 years to be exact, in 1996 was when I noticed the change, the discontent and the aberration of the Puertoricans towards Dominicans, I noticed that even my own mother had joined in the chorus (estos Dominicanos estan jodiendo to) and for the first time in all my years socializing and living amongst Puertorricans I felt out of place, I realized that Puertorricans don't want us in their Island. I asked my mother when did that started? and she said that started happening in the late 80s when all the illegals started coming in and moving into other neighborhoods besides Barrio Obrero or Villa Palmeras, at that time those were the places where Dominicans congregated. Now they are all over the place taking over all the good neighborhoods and living 10 and 12 in a house provided by section 8 because 3 of them are legal residents. Yes my mother, the Dominican born, half Puertorican is pissed because the illegal Dominicans are screwing everything up for the legal ones, and I, kind of agree with my mother in the sense that, If we being the direct descendants of Puertoricans have to go through the trouble of applying, interviewing and having to go through hell to get a visa or a green card to come here, why can they do the same thing?. I agree with my mother that a few bad apples are spoiling the whole barrel, and we the ones that came here the legal way have to pay for those bad apples.

I might sound more like a Puertorican than a Dominican, but that's not the way I want to come across, as I mentioned previously, I am Dominican, but now every time I go to Puerto Rico I hear it even from my best friends there, without them even realizing they are talking to me, a Dominican and, when I remind them, their answer is "you are not one of them, you are from the old Dominicans", still I feel out of place, I love that Island more than I love the DR then again, when ever I go there, I feel that I don't belong anymore, just because some bad apples spoiled the whole barrel.

There is no way that this problem can be fixed, the US government has no priority in the illegal immigration that affects Puerto Rico right now, not with the problems they are having in the Mexican border. You see, the American government does not consider illegal immigration in Puerto Rico a threat to their security. but still, we the legal Dominicans are the ones suffering the rejection and the ridicule of the Puertoricans, so all we can do is eat from the same plate, use the same toilets and smell each other sh...t because this is not going to be fixed any time soon. This has nothing to do with race or color or religion or any of that nonsense that some people talk about here, it has to do with a people trying to better themselves but doing it the wrong way and, the good Dominican people that really and sincerely love that little piece of land called Borinquen are paying for it.

Yes I love that Island, I know more about it than I know about the DR since I've never been to DR since I left almost 40 years ago but that doesn't make me any less Dominican.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:34 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
You see, the American government does not consider illegal immigration in Puerto Rico a threat to their security.
Why would they care about that when they don't care about the billions of illegals and tons of drugs sneaking over the Mexican border?

Both the Dems and the Reps have a vested interest in unguarded borders and endless numbers of illegal immigrants

Old 10-10-2010, 11:12 AM

91 posts, read 337,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
the u.s is not the only one suffering from immigrants working for nothing and not many jobs for our own people.puerto has had thousands of dominicans immigrate each year making the island extremely overcrowded and very limited opportunities for their people.opinions please.
I think that as immigrants move to a place, the better-off locals move to another place. Puerto Ricans can move with relative ease to the States, thus somehow that balance may be kept.

That said, it is important that Puerto Ricans in the island become more conscious and tolerant to these growing and influential group, who more and more get blended within the Puerto Rican community.

Immigrants may bring some problems, but in the end they are more beneficial to countries, in as far as they are given such opportunity.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler00 View Post
Immigrants may bring some problems, but in the end they are more beneficial to countries, in as far as they are given such opportunity.
Couldn't disagree more with this statement. I've lived in Southern California for 30 years and have witnessed and experienced first hand what illegal immigration has done to this once great state. Illegals use to come here to work hard and provide for their families back home. Most kept a low profile and stayed out of trouble. The plight of illegals such as these was not only understood, but even admired.

Not so now a days. Many of these new illegals come here looking for "las ayuditas" which come to them by way of my hard earned tax dollars. Besides being law breakers [as a result of their illegal status], many refuse to learn English and expect for everyone to speak Spanish to them. Properties in neighborhoods plagued by illegal immigrants have a notorious tendency of losing value very quickly. Why? Because many illegals out here are not quick to upkeep their homes. On top of that, these neighborhoods are strewn with litter. But what really irks many people is the audacity with which many illegal immigrants demand at equal rights at par with those of us who are here legally.

Again, based on my personal experience and not that of anyone else, I could not disagree more with traveler00 POV.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:04 PM

122 posts, read 211,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Why would they care about that when they don't care about the billions of illegals and tons of drugs sneaking over the Mexican border?

Both the Dems and the Reps have a vested interest in unguarded borders and endless numbers of illegal immigrants
Please, explain in more detail what both parties will gain by your statement above. Thank you,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories