Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 04:29 PM

217 posts, read 554,456 times

Advertisements

Isnt it funnt how stupid they sound. They want to get something done before vacation....We wouldnt want to cut short anyones vacations...What a bunch of clowns.

It just makes me think about having some sort of hunger summit and saying, can we all vote no and get this over with im starving.

I have 2 friends who I will be driving to the social services offices tommorrow as a favor. So sad because they are college educated and have volunteered for political parties in the past. Nice payback huh??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 AM

478 posts, read 1,750,544 times
They are having a hard time just to extend the EUC tiers in effect now to end of year..as for a tier5..that is like a gift from god if it happens..and only way it will happen is a new stimulus bill, and no way that will happen..no more money they say..but enough to cover the worlds disasters in the future but not ours in the USA now! Some news on tier5 but its just blog sites no offical sites yet from what I been reading.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:09 PM

870 posts, read 1,405,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo2009 View Post
They are having a hard time just to extend the EUC tiers in effect now to end of year..as for a tier5..that is like a gift from god if it happens..and only way it will happen is a new stimulus bill, and no way that will happen..no more money they say..but enough to cover the worlds disasters in the future but not ours in the USA now! Some news on tier5 but its just blog sites no offical sites yet from what I been reading.

The House just passed both parts of HR 4213 and so now the Senate has to pass it, but they won't be back from recess until June 7th.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 PM

478 posts, read 1,750,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Man View Post
The House just passed both parts of HR 4213 and so now the Senate has to pass it, but they won't be back from recess until June 7th.
I'm talking about a TIER 5..what they are doing now in congress is just extending the extensions already in effect!

This is a Tier 5 topic (thread).

Old 05-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo2009 View Post
I'm talking about a TIER 5..what they are doing now in congress is just extending the extensions already in effect!

This is a Tier 5 topic (thread).

I hear you and I agree, it doesn't help those that need a 'further extension'. But there is a vast amount of unemployed that needed the extension of deadlines and I am glad they are getting it as well. NOW there is the matter of the 'exhaustees' or '99ers'. We need to make some noise and be noticed moreso than we have.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,047,654 times
Default Ed Show Again

Tonight - a few minutes ago - Ed Shultz again mentioned 99'ers in his interview with a union rep ---

I realize this is not a lot of press, but it is really the 1st/only primetime "establishment" cable news taking it on. In the interview he asked about the 99ers and also mentioned that he had been flooded with calls and emails from them.

It is a crack in the media door - I emailed after I first read about his interest, and again after the Stabenow interview, and will again. Positive reinforcement there - - -

there is a banner on his site which says Chat Live with Ed Tues June 1 at 11 am.
The Ed Show- msnbc.com

99er supporters -- give it a shot

Old 05-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj185 View Post
Tonight - a few minutes ago - Ed Shultz again mentioned 99'ers in his interview with a union rep ---

I realize this is not a lot of press, but it is really the 1st/only primetime "establishment" cable news taking it on. In the interview he asked about the 99ers and also mentioned that he had been flooded with calls and emails from them.

It is a crack in the media door - I emailed after I first read about his interest, and again after the Stabenow interview, and will again. Positive reinforcement there - - -

there is a banner on his site which says Chat Live with Ed Tues June 1 at 11 am.
The Ed Show- msnbc.com

99er supporters -- give it a shot

You know what....Ed is a man of his word. That's a guy that could have just gone with an empty promise, but he is responding to his base. He's got brass ones. Anyway, I am glad to hear that he stepped up again. We need to continue to reach out to him. Thanks for posting that.

contact info for the Ed Show:

Email: ed@edschultzshow.com
US Mail: The Ed Schultz Show, 417 38th St. SW Suite F, Fargo, ND 58103-2312

Call 1-877-934-6833 (Toll Free)

Old 05-28-2010, 11:43 PM

29 posts, read 49,872 times
Quote:
I hear you and I agree, it doesn't help those that need a 'further extension'. But there is a vast amount of unemployed that needed the extension of deadlines and I am glad they are getting it as well. NOW there is the matter of the 'exhaustees' or '99ers'. We need to make some noise and be noticed moreso than we have.

You are right, because eventually WE, THEY, ALL of US Will be sitting in the same boat without any oars... Everyone will have then caught up to one another!

Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 PM

Default Chief Economic Advisor Larry Summers' recent '2nd Stimulus' message is echoed by Nobel Peace Prize Economist

We have competent and qualified voices that are speaking out against our lawmakers' neglect of the jobless

Nobel Prize winning economist, Paul Krugman, criticizes lawmakers for 'inflicting pain' to jobless

Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,370,776 times
Quote:
We have competent and qualified voices that are speaking out against our lawmakers' neglect of the jobless

Nobel Prize winning economist, Paul Krugman, criticizes lawmakers for 'inflicting pain' to jobless

Great artical but unfortunatly no one is listening. We are the forgotten, we are thought of as bums since we can't get a job, we will and are becoming homeless starving peoples with no voice. It costs money to have a voice in Washington these days and we have none. For months now from many board on the 'net we have had a fax/email/phone campaign to our reps in DC to add additional tiers/weeks - it has all fallen of deaf ears - they DO NOT CARE if we loose our homes, become homeless and starve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment