Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 12:09 PM

10 posts, read 14,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
Excellent recount and detail, RRL. And I've been through most of what you've described there, so I know how hard it can be to try to relay the horror and fear felt when
immersed in those very long long moments. Thanks. I'd love to hear more if there is any...
I had a few more similar episodes but not nearly as terrifying. I will post more stories soon. Would love to hear what your experience was like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 03:01 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,435 times
http://www.prairieghosts.com/lalaurie.html

Old 10-29-2013, 08:52 AM

1,289 posts, read 723,005 times
That's some bad stuff... wow.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:29 AM

It's starting again....

Old 09-04-2014, 11:17 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Here's mine, that I've probably posted on other threads.

Shortly after my brother's family left their suburban home and moved to our rural area, I asked my 4-year-old niece "Lauren, do you miss your old house?".

After a long, thoughtful pause she said, "I don't miss that clown who used to come into my bedroom at night."

Old 09-05-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Here's mine, that I've probably posted on other threads.

Shortly after my brother's family left their suburban home and moved to our rural area, I asked my 4-year-old niece "Lauren, do you miss your old house?".

After a long, thoughtful pause she said, "I don't miss that clown who used to come into my bedroom at night."
This isnt me, but it is pretty much what my face looked like after reading that post.

(a lil OT, but how in the world did you select the screen-name of "biscuitmom"? )

Old 09-05-2014, 01:35 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post

(a lil OT, but how in the world did you select the screen-name of "biscuitmom"? )
It's a nod to my youngest son, who has many characteristics in common with the underdog racehorse Seabiscuit.
Thank you for asking.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It's a nod to my youngest son, who has many characteristics in common with the underdog racehorse Seabiscuit.
Thank you for asking.
I see.
Thank you for the answer.

No other stories, personal or otherwise?

Old 09-05-2014, 02:01 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
This isn't a ghost story but, my mother has this West African warrior statue and she has it on an etagere that faces west. Whenever she relocates the statue or turns it in a different direction, it is always back in the same west-facing position awhile later. She thought my sisters and I were playing a joke but we never touched the thing.

Just for laughs, I took and turned it backwards and put a vase in front of it when I was home alone and stared at it for about 1/2 an hour and nothing happened. When I came back a little later, it was facing west again and the vase was on the floor. I was a little spooked but the statue wasn't that tall so I figured it couldn't really harm me. I guess the old boy just wanted to face west and that was that!

That is so weird!!

Old 09-07-2014, 05:59 PM

12 posts, read 17,844 times
I have one.

I live on a dead end road,and it comes off the highway.Towards the end of the road is a home that owns a huge black dog,around the size of a great dane.Now this dog is moderately aggressive,the have him chained and pinned in their backyard,so I assume his bite is worse than his bark(I'm not dumb enough to go check to see if my assumptions true.).One day two years ago I saw a dog that looked like the dog down the road standing out in front of my house,staring.I grabbed a rope,and as I had no intentions to get bitten, a heavy metal baseball bat.In the time it took me to grab the rope and bat(I use the rope for a leash and I use the bat when I answer the door,so I just had to bend down and pick them up) and open the door the dog had vanished.Later that night my dog got sick,I took her to the vet and the vet said she was poisoned,though she couldn't figure out what the poison was.My dog came home the next day,fully recovered.A few months later I got a puppy.A month after that I saw a huge black dog in the back yard and the puppy got sick.Took her to the vet.Poisoning.This happened repeatedly,up to the point I saw the black dog trying to get into the house.This time both dogs got poisoned.I finaly got so angry about it that I decided that it couldn't be a normal dog.So I walked from room to room in the house reading the Bible aloud.Things tapered off after a few more incidents which involved me ending up scratched by a dog that was far bigger than my little ankle biters and knocked to the floor.

I'm thinking of doing it again soon- In the past month I have found two snakes in my house(both killed and later identified as non venomous) and twice now my dogs have been poisoned(not bitten- I took them to the vet upon finding the snakes just to be on the safe side).I feel harassed,Keep seeing this shadow...thing... watching me and I keep getting ill(with random symptoms the doctor can't make heads or tails of;with symptoms that keep getting worse as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal