Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 AM

263 posts, read 480,438 times

Advertisements

How many of you CD'ers are familiar with legend of the WEEPING WOMAN that drowned her three children after being jolted
by her LOVER.This legend orignated in Mexico,way back in the 1700's.Supposedly her Lover had made her choose to go with him,but to leave the children behind.She was in blinded by Love and passion.He told her that he return in few days to hear her decision.In the mean time,she wrestled and was tormented of what to do.She chose to drown her children in a near-by creek.
One by one,she pushed them in as she stood behind rhem.After doing so,she returned back to the village in complete agony and secluded herself.She now waits for her Lovers return.She waits ,and waits.Days go by,not a word,no sign of the man she was going to spend her life with.She riddled with guilt,she falls into deep depressionand takes her own life by plunging herself
into the same creek that took her childrens life.She is now condemmed to seek out her children along all the rivers and creeks for all eternity.LA YORONA as she is called in Spainish,is a story told to children so they would come in from playing outside
and to urge them behave,or the YORONA will come and sweep them up as hers.Ive always heard that as a kid growing up,didn't know wheather to believe it or not,until the summer of 07,when my then wife and my three daughters went camping
S.E. of SAN ANTONIO,at GOLID STATE PARK.My two oldest daughters were awaken by what they heard was someone,sobbing in a low mornful way.At times they heard wailing loudly at a far distance.They each had their own pup tents.My ex and youngest daughter were in a larger tent .Me, I was in the car with my fan plugged in to the elect. hook-up.After they heard this,they rushed to my car,started banging on the doors to let them in.They wouldn't make up something like that.They were so scared that they couldn't sleep for a week after getting back home.I only had one explanation for them.Three children and the SAN ANTONIO RIVER 200ft.away.What do you think about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 03:43 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
When I was around 15 or so my family was considering a new house. So just about every sunday we would load up and go on the parade of homes and do some looking. Most times the homes would be empty and new construction but one home we went to see was a few years old and still had furniture. When we pulled up there was a realtor on duty who was sitting in her car and offered to show us the "open" house. The home was very nice but the interior colors were dark solids and the dark oak trim gave it a stuffy dark atmosphere. I didn't notice anything at first but my brother and I would usually walk off on our own and explore but after a few quick peeks in other rooms we decided to stay close. On about two or three separate occasions my brother and I would whisper or ask or say, "is someone here?" Or "is someone upstairs?" To which we would be ignored or shushed by our parents as they were listening to the realtor.

we walk into the den and there was the distinct smell of pipe smoke. My mother wrinkled her nose and immediately said she would not be interested because of that. The realtor quickly responded with something to the effect that it would be taken care of and that it wasn't in the other rooms. My dad said he didnt smell anything.

We toured most of the other rooms but got the distinct feeling the realtor was rushing us through. I caught my dad looking up after we had returned from upstairs and I knew that he heard someone walking up there but no one was asking that anymore since we had just been up there. We past through the den on the way to the door and did not smell the pipe smoke on the way through.

we get back in the car and were all silent on the way to the next neighborhood until my mom finally says, "that house was too gloomy and kind of ghostly." And she was never the type to talk about anything like that in front of us. I said, "yeah, that old man was still in there." Im pretty sure the realtor never told us anything specific about the previous owner.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:21 PM

1,289 posts, read 723,005 times
Good stories! I've had similar, though worse experiences while looking at one house in particular.... HERE

Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 AM

21 posts, read 53,676 times
Mine story is not scary. I was out running one morning when I noticed a woman and her young son (6-8) running towards me. I was listening to music and didn't pay much attention to them go by when for some reason I turned around to look. She was running alone. I actually stopped and looked around but did not see the boy, just her.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 AM

10 posts, read 14,155 times
A friend of mine and some of her friends were hanging out in her country house located in her provicial town in Asia. They were all having a great time, when all of a sudden out of the corner of her eye she saw a lady with long black hair wearing a long white gown with no feet, floating in mid-air across the room. Wide-eyed, she was staring out into space with a stoic expression on her face. Her big, black, bulging eye balls were rhythmically moving left to right from corner to corner of her eyes. Freaky!

Last edited by RussianRedLipstick; 10-24-2013 at 08:29 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 PM

263 posts, read 480,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRedLipstick View Post
A friend of mine and some of her friends were hanging out in her country house located in her provicial town in Asia. They were all having a great time, when all of a sudden out of the corner of her eye she saw a lady with long black hair wearing a long white gown with no feet, floating in mid-air across the room. Wide-eyed, she was staring out into space with a stoic expression on her face. Her big, black, bulging eye balls were rhythmically moving left to right from corner to corner of her eyes. Freaky!
Welcome to CD,got anymore ghost stories?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,770 times
these stories are great! just in time for halloween!

here is one of mine-
me and my mother, when i was a teenager, lived for a few years in a house in a rural town in north GA. it had been built in the 1860's, i believe, and a tornado had hit it in the 1910's and it made all the doorways kind of cockeyed. always reminded me of the twilight zone with the floating doors in the credits.

anyway. when we moved in, we both felt a real heavy sadness to the house, but it wasn't something we talked about for many months. there were strange cold pockets in the house, and sound carried in weird ways. i used to think i could hear the TV from the bathroom, which was in the back of the house. the way the house was laid out, there were no hallways. the bathroom had once been the pantry. so to get to the kitchen you had to walk through either my bedroom or my mother's bedroom. so i didn't think it was strange that i always heard things in the bathroom.
then one day i was back there and i heard a conversation, and i realized that the tv was NOT on. i went through the house- no tv, no radio, my mom was at work- and i went back there, and could still hear a conversation. upon closer listening it was a man and a woman talking in muffled voices. and it was coming from the basement, which was right underneath me.

i marched out (it was daytime, btw) and went down to the basement. there was no way to it from the inside of the house, so when i got down there and found nothing, i still thought maybe there was someone's radio on somewhere that i was hearing. went back upstairs, sure enough, same conversation. couldn't make out words, but it was quite distinctly a man and woman talking. it faded away, but it was fairly regular. i would bring friends into the bathroom and ask them to listen and most of the time, you could hear the same voices talking from beneath us.

one night me and a friend decided to consult the ouija board. we were given the info that the original owners had been a family named cook. the woman's husband had died as some sort of officer in the civil war, and she and her two young sons had died of a "fever" in the house itself. the older male voice wasn't really explained but we didn't take what they told us all that seriously.
when i was in my thirties, my mother told me she had met a lady in the post office who used to live in that same house. the woman, sure enough, told my mother that a family named cook had built it, husband died in the civil war and she and her sons had died of the flu inside the house, just as the board told us. that freaked me out because i had NEVER told my mom about what we found out. so i guess it was true.

thing was, it was never a menacing spirit. my mother woke up one night to see a woman standing in the doorway, but she wasn't frightened by it. there was never a sense that they didn't want us there. it was almost like they were just running on their own loop in their own world and weren't bothered by us. my mother said that once we moved in, whenever she was in the bathroom she would have these randomly religious thoughts, would think "god thank you for this day" but that it felt strange to her, outside herself. not that my mother isn't religious, but she felt that it was a leftover from the woman who had died there, because apparently, she had died in the pantry. which was the bathroom.

they are probably still there, running on the same loop, like "the others".

Old 10-26-2013, 08:44 AM

Good stories guys; keep 'em coming!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:32 AM

10 posts, read 14,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
Welcome to CD,got anymore ghost stories?
Thanks for the welcome.

This happened to me personally. I was renting a room in a 3-bedroom apartment in Rome, Italy at the time. I fell asleep on my back. I woke up in the same position, but immediately after opening my eyes I knew something was different. The lights were on, and I noticed right away that there was something off with my sense of sight and hearing. It was dead silent, and all I could hear was myself breathing very heavily and so intensely - it was taking over my entire body. I could also hear my heartbeat, which was beating very heavily in an almost overwhelming kind of way and I could hear it so loud and clear as if it was right next to my eardrums. I could feel it pounding throughout my body so intensely; it felt like it was going to explode inside of me. The air was thick and pliable like waves in the ocean. I could actually see the air physically moving in space in this manner, and with it objects fluctuated, giving them a sort of blurry and distorted look as I observed the room around me. It was all so surreal. Then I started to hear other-worldly and frightening sounds. The best way I could describe it is the audio feedback or the ringing/squealing/screeching sounds produced by a microphone/sound system. It was deafening to the ears but there was nothing I could do to stop it.

At this point I could sense a presence in the room, a threatening and evil one and I felt in my gut it wanted to physically hurt me. I felt an impending sense of doom. I started to panic and all I wanted to do was jump out of bed and get the hell out of that room. I tried to move my limbs, but realized I was paralyzed! My brain was in life-or-death survival mode and was telling every fiber and muscle of my body to get off that bed, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get my muscles to even start to contract, let alone even feel my own body.

As I was in this state of panic and paralysis I started to get this sense that I was floating above my bed. The air felt even thicker as it now surrounded my entire body and it felt like it was carrying my weight from underneath and controlling my levitation in mid-air. Its wave-like motion was deliberate and with purpose. I could still feel the evil presence was in close proximity to me which made me feel even more terrified and helpless. All of a sudden the green wooden window shutters to the right of my bed started to open and shut by themselves so rapidly and violently. The banging noises were deafening as the shutters banged against the walls and against each other with such forceful rage, and it went on forever. At that moment, I thought I was going to die.

In an act of desperation, I did one thing that I thought could save my life: I started to pray the "Our Father." I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic schools but was never very religious (didn't go to Church every sunday or anything like that). I recited the prayer and probably mid-way through, it all came to a halt in a nanosecond. I opened my eyes for the second time waking up to the same room, lying in the same position on my back. Only difference was that the lights were off, it was pitch dark in the room. I knew everything was back to normal now, but still I was terrified to death to even dare to move an inch to get up and turn on the lights. I finally got the courage to run for the switch. As soon as the lights came on, I took a look at the green wooden window shutters, and saw that it was securely latched close. I spent the rest of the night in the living room horrified and wide awake with as many lights on as possible. For the longest time after that episode, I was terrified to sleep in that same room again without keeping the lights on and the door wide open all night long.

Call it what you like - sleep paralysis, a vivid dream, hallucination. To this day, I know in my gut that my experience had nothing to do with any of the above. I was wide awake and fully aware to be sure, and I know in the deepest reaches of my soul that wherever I was, I was in a different dimension and that my experience was of a paranormal nature.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:38 AM

^^ In case you're thinking that that post is too long, trust me, it's worth the read.^^

Excellent recount and detail, RRL. And I've been through most of what you've described there, so I know how hard it can be to try to relay the horror and fear felt when immersed in those very long long moments. Thanks. I'd love to hear more if there is any...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal