Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:22 AM

301 posts, read 329,378 times

Advertisements

Not really my story but my mom's brother's.
During the 80's he worked on a military base in Kazakhstan where they used to test the new made weapon. The place was really secure and secret, so no people could get anywhere close, cause all the roads heading to there were locked up for those who hadn't that special permission to drive in.
Many soldiers seen a strange woman in a white dress walking around on the base territory at nights. They tried to shoot her, but she either wouldn't get damaged at all or would just dissappear. Sometimes they heard her weep but couldn't find, cause the weeping sounds would be heard in a few places at the same time.
She didn't respond when they tried to talk to her. When they tried to follow her she would just turn near some barrack and dissappear.
I don't know what happened to her now, mom's brother soon quit working there cause of seeing all those strange things (ghosts and UFOs). About the UFOs I've written in the "The possibility that the aliens have visited Earth" thread, for those who interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 AM

454 posts, read 794,036 times
Not exactly a ghost story or tale, but this happened to me.

My mother died 24 years ago and we have her urned cremains here at home in a glass cabinet. One evening one of my cats who was quite old and in the early stages of kidney failure, started acting weird, tail puffed out and wide-eyed. she walked to the room where the urn is kept, and was gazing upward, as though looking at something.. she then walked over to the cabinet and stared at the urn for a long time. two weeks later my little calico died.

i'm wondering if she saw my mother? this incident didn't frighten me, but did make me feel uneasy as though something was going on beyond my senses.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:57 PM

263 posts, read 480,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyLuvsToTravel View Post
Not exactly a ghost story or tale, but this happened to me.

My mother died 24 years ago and we have her urned cremains here at home in a glass cabinet. One evening one of my cats who was quite old and in the early stages of kidney failure, started acting weird, tail puffed out and wide-eyed. she walked to the room where the urn is kept, and was gazing upward, as though looking at something.. she then walked over to the cabinet and stared at the urn for a long time. two weeks later my little calico died.

i'm wondering if she saw my mother? this incident didn't frighten me, but did make me feel uneasy as though something was going on beyond my senses.
I believe animals can see spirits.I have a friend who lives out in the country .Behind his living quarters,sits an old house with a front porch.One night we were having a cook-out,I heard a little girl giggling.My freind looks at me and ask's ,"did you hear that?"
I nodded yes.I looked over to the structure,his dogs were at the porch looking up,tails wagging as if happy to see someone.
We walked to the house with flash lights,we went inside.We walked up the stairs to the addict.There was a small door at the end of the house,about 4ft tall,2 ft wide.We opened the door,pointed our flash lights into the over-hange, It was dark,we stepped further in and our flash lights began to dim down ,then went out.We stepped back,the lights started to brighten up again.This little girl must have lived there,or possibly died in that hide out.The house was over 125 yrs. old and used as a school house ,south of SAN ANTONIO,TEX.

Last edited by albert soliz; 08-10-2013 at 06:15 PM..

Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 AM

1,289 posts, read 723,005 times
I agree on the whole animal thing, for this reason- We had a dog here at work (can't remember if I shared this already; if so, forgive) who would, in the middle of the night, go over to the "sally-port" and stare, prance and bark as if it saw someone. I attributed it to the dog's increased age and low light reflection from the glass panes in the door. However, one night I actually saw an appiration of someone passing through that very spot, several times. There was no remote possibility that it was truly another person, for only 2 of us work here at this correctional facility at night. One of the no-nonsense inmates here told me later of how many times when he'd get up at night to use the bathroom, he'd see the same thing. It bothered him so much that he made himself stare at the floor on his way from his bunk to the bathroom. Many other things started happening around the same time at my work; some much scarrier than this... I'm kinda waiting for it to start up again anytime soon.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,756 times
I posted this in another forum, so in the interest of saving my typing fingers, I'll just cut & paste it here, along with the 'extras' that I posted after it, lol

My kids who are grown ask me to repeat this story often, simply because it's really creepy, and it happened to their Mom (me, lol). This is the only thing in my life of this nature that has ever happened, but it scared me to death. Bear with me...kinda long!

When I was in my mid-twenties (back in the 80's), myself and two friends of mine, a guy and a girl, rented an apartment together. There was nothing "strange" about this apartment (my mom lived in one of them- it was a mid-sized complex, not too old, not too young..), except it was at the very back of the complex, with another one next to it-in fact, our front door was a foot away to the side of the neighbor's front door. We had three large windows that faced a small, fenced-in area with one of those large spotlight type lights that lit up the inside of our apartment pretty good, even with the curtains shut (light curtains). If you stood at my front door, you would see a small wall that was next to the hallway, and on that wall was a medium sized oval mirror that would reflect light from outside, somewhat. This was to the right, and our small kitchen was to the left- ANYway...

We had a few odd situations that had happened, but none of us really thought too much about it. One of them was a daybed I had in the living room that I slept on- the foot of the daybed was about four feet from the front door, and against a wall. One night I was sleeping, and one of my roomies (the guy) had a sleeping bag and was asleep across the room from me- our other roomie was in one of the two bedrooms. I was half asleep and woke up feeling like something was laying completely across me, maybe a few inches away from me-what had woken me up, was a dream that I was being hit with one of our dining room chairs- I could feel the pressure, but it didn't hurt- and then I woke up to feel something right above me, from head to toe- I tried to sit up, but whatever "it" was, was in the way- I started panicking and getting scared, and tried to climb out of bed sideways, and headed for the front door- the roommate across the room could hear me screaming (yeah, I was, lol), and was trying to get to me, but he told me something was in his way...there was nothing but empty floor between us. Anyway, that was the start of it. There were other little odd things, usually that happened to me for some reason...but we never really thought about it being anything "spooky".

Then one night, the girl roommate and I decided to go to our guy roomie's restaurant (he was working that night) and have dinner. We were both uneasy for some reason, you know- the type of situation where something is bothering you, but you can't put your finger on it. As we left, I turned on the light above the stove on the hood-it was the press in kind of button, we locked the door, and left. I had a house key, and each of my roommates had one, and that was it. We went and had dinner, and went back to the apartment. On the way back, I mentioned that I was uncomfortable about going back, but couldn't figure out why...my friend told me she felt uncomfortable as well, and didn't know why. We got back to the apartment, and slowly walked up to the door. The light in the gated area was shining on the door and the windows as it usually did, our curtains were closed. I unlocked the door and slowly pushed the door open. As we stood there for a moment, the light shone in to the apartment-I told my friend, "Karen, the light above the stove is off. I know I turned it on". Then I looked to the left and as I looked I realized I couldn't see the mirror by the hallway (it was about three feet high, by two feet wide), and I realized that the reason I couldn't see it was because there was someone standing in front of it. The "someone" was completely black, as if they were wearing a head to toe black body suit- no features, no nothing- solid, just the outline of a "person"- but this person was so tall, that their head almost touched the ceiling. It was a standard 12-foot ceiling. I screamed and she screamed, and we both ran for the car. As we got into the car shaking and crying, I told her, "What did you see? What did you see??"- she told me the same thing that I had saw. Now we were both really scared-and with the light shining in from outside the door and with the door open, I knew what I had seen. We decided there was no way we were going back in to that apartment until our roommate got home, and decided to drive back and wait for him. And then I realized that I had left the car keys in the door when I unlocked the apartment door-they were on the same keyring. I can't tell you how hard it was to go back and get those keys- I was so terrified I didn't even look in, and I don't even remember if I locked the door or not. We went back to the restaurant, and told our friend what had happened- we were both so shook up, and one of the other guys that worked there said that if the people who lived there before had been into some questionable practices and left something of theirs there, that it could be the reason we had problems there. We were so sure that nothing was there that didn't belong to us, but oddly enough a week or so later I was cleaning the top of the hall closet and found a couple of halloween decorations-a witch, and a vampire-that I knew weren't ours. We got rid of them, and for whatever reason, never had a problem again. And there has never been any other incidents since then. Well, one, but that's for another time, lol.

Sounds somewhat tame when you type it onto a computer, but I'll tell you what- I've had the creeps ever since I started typing, lol- also, when we ran from the open door, we had a neighbor who's door was basically next to ours, same set up, just opposite- we could see him through sheer curtains in his window, he was a few feet from it sitting on the couch watching tv--we banged on his door first, then on the window when he didn't answer- we were watching him through the window, and he never even looked at us, because he didn't hear us. Also, later when I checked the light above the stove, it had been manually turned off. The only people who had keys to the apartment were myself, the roommate I was with at the time it happened, and the other roommate who was working and whose restaurant we had gone to for dinner. Even if someone did manage to get in (which I know they didn't- no back door, nothing amiss, not to mention that we didn't have crap for anyone to actually want to steal, lol), why turn off the stove light?

Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,965,807 times
1st incident.
Husband and I just moved into our own apt at 18 yrs old around 2001-02. We had been In it maybe a week and were going to bed. The way our room was made his side of the bed ran parallel to a window and in the opposite side (my side) the closet doors and to the side of the closet doors our room door. I awoke suddenly in the middle of the night facing th closet doors. I rolled over to my husband and on his side of the bed a shadow like shape of a man was standing near his head. No defining features. Still half asleep I thought the shap was outside the window and didn't really think much of it. Within seconds I gasped realizing it wasn't.. It shot around his side of the bed, down the end and out of bedroom door. The door which was half closed slammed into the wall and the knob put a hole in the wall. I screamed and my husband jumped out of bed, we went out the door to the living room. The blinds on our sliding doors were swaying and our cordless phone was in the middle of the floor with an off the hook dial tone. All the doors were locked and no a/c or fans were on. We don't know what it was. About two weeks later I awoke suddenly again to what seems like a faint figure of a little girl at the end of our bed. Braided pig tails and red dress. She waved to me and disappeared. I convinced my husband to move out of that apt not to long after that. The day we were moving he was working and as I was packing the shelf holding a few plates collapsed and the plates came crashing down and out of the cabinet. A few mins later the vacuum fell out of the closet , hit the door and it swung open. A flat laying vacuum just fell backwards... Never happened before or again. I also experienced my first sleep paralysis episode in that apt. My eye was barely open and I watched box slide across the floor.

2nd incident.

Was living in NH and in the winter in the distance when the leaves were gone we could just make out an old cemetery in town. We had only moved there shortly before from Fla so i was excited tske a look around. My husband was a cop and worked a lot so I decided to check it out alone one day. The graveyard dated to the civil war and had sectioned off areas (children's yard, ex slaves, soldiers etc) it was cold, grey and seemed perfect for a stroll. It had clearly marked paths of gravel that went through each section so I began to wander. In the children's part I began to get what I can only described as a "not alone" feeling. In the distance I could see a tour group if sorts but I seemed to be the only person in my area. After looking at a few graves I wandered back towards the gravel path. I began walking and realized my footsteps weren't the only set on the gravel. I "played it cool" walking slow trying not to freak. I purposely stopped suddenly as if looking at a marker and noticed each time 1 or 2 extra steps directly behind me. I turned around after the second time more than sure some one HAD to be there. No one.. I left immediately. I told my husband years later to which he told me on his first day training his field instructor told him he would never go in the graveyard at night. Told him he didn't care if there was a murder he wouldn't go. My husband told me several times he was called there for reports of children playing in the trees yet not coming out, people were worried they'd get lost. It when they went to find the, no one was there. They had so many reports of "followed footsteps" the graveyard had a constant open file report. I knew none of this till years later.

Last incident not mine and short.

My husbands great grandmother lived in a very old house in Mass. One night she was sitting in her room in her rocker knitting whe she saw just the bust of a man go across the hall with the sound of footsteps. Minutes later her grand kid came in her room and told her to ask the man to not sit in his room and watch him sleep anymore. She said if she ever saw that man again she'd move. She never did but still creepy!

Old 08-13-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostie View Post
I posted this in another forum, so in the interest of saving my typing fingers, I'll just cut & paste it here, along with the 'extras' that I posted after it, lol

My kids who are grown ask me to repeat this story often, simply because it's really creepy, and it happened to their Mom (me, lol). This is the only thing in my life of this nature that has ever happened, but it scared me to death. Bear with me...kinda long!

When I was in my mid-twenties (back in the 80's), myself and two friends of mine, a guy and a girl, rented an apartment together. There was nothing "strange" about this apartment (my mom lived in one of them- it was a mid-sized complex, not too old, not too young..), except it was at the very back of the complex, with another one next to it-in fact, our front door was a foot away to the side of the neighbor's front door. We had three large windows that faced a small, fenced-in area with one of those large spotlight type lights that lit up the inside of our apartment pretty good, even with the curtains shut (light curtains). If you stood at my front door, you would see a small wall that was next to the hallway, and on that wall was a medium sized oval mirror that would reflect light from outside, somewhat. This was to the right, and our small kitchen was to the left- ANYway...

We had a few odd situations that had happened, but none of us really thought too much about it. One of them was a daybed I had in the living room that I slept on- the foot of the daybed was about four feet from the front door, and against a wall. One night I was sleeping, and one of my roomies (the guy) had a sleeping bag and was asleep across the room from me- our other roomie was in one of the two bedrooms. I was half asleep and woke up feeling like something was laying completely across me, maybe a few inches away from me-what had woken me up, was a dream that I was being hit with one of our dining room chairs- I could feel the pressure, but it didn't hurt- and then I woke up to feel something right above me, from head to toe- I tried to sit up, but whatever "it" was, was in the way- I started panicking and getting scared, and tried to climb out of bed sideways, and headed for the front door- the roommate across the room could hear me screaming (yeah, I was, lol), and was trying to get to me, but he told me something was in his way...there was nothing but empty floor between us. Anyway, that was the start of it. There were other little odd things, usually that happened to me for some reason...but we never really thought about it being anything "spooky".

Then one night, the girl roommate and I decided to go to our guy roomie's restaurant (he was working that night) and have dinner. We were both uneasy for some reason, you know- the type of situation where something is bothering you, but you can't put your finger on it. As we left, I turned on the light above the stove on the hood-it was the press in kind of button, we locked the door, and left. I had a house key, and each of my roommates had one, and that was it. We went and had dinner, and went back to the apartment. On the way back, I mentioned that I was uncomfortable about going back, but couldn't figure out why...my friend told me she felt uncomfortable as well, and didn't know why. We got back to the apartment, and slowly walked up to the door. The light in the gated area was shining on the door and the windows as it usually did, our curtains were closed. I unlocked the door and slowly pushed the door open. As we stood there for a moment, the light shone in to the apartment-I told my friend, "Karen, the light above the stove is off. I know I turned it on". Then I looked to the left and as I looked I realized I couldn't see the mirror by the hallway (it was about three feet high, by two feet wide), and I realized that the reason I couldn't see it was because there was someone standing in front of it. The "someone" was completely black, as if they were wearing a head to toe black body suit- no features, no nothing- solid, just the outline of a "person"- but this person was so tall, that their head almost touched the ceiling. It was a standard 12-foot ceiling. I screamed and she screamed, and we both ran for the car. As we got into the car shaking and crying, I told her, "What did you see? What did you see??"- she told me the same thing that I had saw. Now we were both really scared-and with the light shining in from outside the door and with the door open, I knew what I had seen. We decided there was no way we were going back in to that apartment until our roommate got home, and decided to drive back and wait for him. And then I realized that I had left the car keys in the door when I unlocked the apartment door-they were on the same keyring. I can't tell you how hard it was to go back and get those keys- I was so terrified I didn't even look in, and I don't even remember if I locked the door or not. We went back to the restaurant, and told our friend what had happened- we were both so shook up, and one of the other guys that worked there said that if the people who lived there before had been into some questionable practices and left something of theirs there, that it could be the reason we had problems there. We were so sure that nothing was there that didn't belong to us, but oddly enough a week or so later I was cleaning the top of the hall closet and found a couple of halloween decorations-a witch, and a vampire-that I knew weren't ours. We got rid of them, and for whatever reason, never had a problem again. And there has never been any other incidents since then. Well, one, but that's for another time, lol.

Sounds somewhat tame when you type it onto a computer, but I'll tell you what- I've had the creeps ever since I started typing, lol- also, when we ran from the open door, we had a neighbor who's door was basically next to ours, same set up, just opposite- we could see him through sheer curtains in his window, he was a few feet from it sitting on the couch watching tv--we banged on his door first, then on the window when he didn't answer- we were watching him through the window, and he never even looked at us, because he didn't hear us. Also, later when I checked the light above the stove, it had been manually turned off. The only people who had keys to the apartment were myself, the roommate I was with at the time it happened, and the other roommate who was working and whose restaurant we had gone to for dinner. Even if someone did manage to get in (which I know they didn't- no back door, nothing amiss, not to mention that we didn't have crap for anyone to actually want to steal, lol), why turn off the stove light?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
1st incident.
Husband and I just moved into our own apt at 18 yrs old around 2001-02. We had been In it maybe a week and were going to bed. The way our room was made his side of the bed ran parallel to a window and in the opposite side (my side) the closet doors and to the side of the closet doors our room door. I awoke suddenly in the middle of the night facing th closet doors. I rolled over to my husband and on his side of the bed a shadow like shape of a man was standing near his head. No defining features. Still half asleep I thought the shap was outside the window and didn't really think much of it. Within seconds I gasped realizing it wasn't.. It shot around his side of the bed, down the end and out of bedroom door. The door which was half closed slammed into the wall and the knob put a hole in the wall. I screamed and my husband jumped out of bed, we went out the door to the living room. The blinds on our sliding doors were swaying and our cordless phone was in the middle of the floor with an off the hook dial tone. All the doors were locked and no a/c or fans were on. We don't know what it was. About two weeks later I awoke suddenly again to what seems like a faint figure of a little girl at the end of our bed. Braided pig tails and red dress. She waved to me and disappeared. I convinced my husband to move out of that apt not to long after that. The day we were moving he was working and as I was packing the shelf holding a few plates collapsed and the plates came crashing down and out of the cabinet. A few mins later the vacuum fell out of the closet , hit the door and it swung open. A flat laying vacuum just fell backwards... Never happened before or again. I also experienced my first sleep paralysis episode in that apt. My eye was barely open and I watched box slide across the floor.

2nd incident.

Was living in NH and in the winter in the distance when the leaves were gone we could just make out an old cemetery in town. We had only moved there shortly before from Fla so i was excited tske a look around. My husband was a cop and worked a lot so I decided to check it out alone one day. The graveyard dated to the civil war and had sectioned off areas (children's yard, ex slaves, soldiers etc) it was cold, grey and seemed perfect for a stroll. It had clearly marked paths of gravel that went through each section so I began to wander. In the children's part I began to get what I can only described as a "not alone" feeling. In the distance I could see a tour group if sorts but I seemed to be the only person in my area. After looking at a few graves I wandered back towards the gravel path. I began walking and realized my footsteps weren't the only set on the gravel. I "played it cool" walking slow trying not to freak. I purposely stopped suddenly as if looking at a marker and noticed each time 1 or 2 extra steps directly behind me. I turned around after the second time more than sure some one HAD to be there. No one.. I left immediately. I told my husband years later to which he told me on his first day training his field instructor told him he would never go in the graveyard at night. Told him he didn't care if there was a murder he wouldn't go. My husband told me several times he was called there for reports of children playing in the trees yet not coming out, people were worried they'd get lost. It when they went to find the, no one was there. They had so many reports of "followed footsteps" the graveyard had a constant open file report. I knew none of this till years later.

Last incident not mine and short.

My husbands great grandmother lived in a very old house in Mass. One night she was sitting in her room in her rocker knitting whe she saw just the bust of a man go across the hall with the sound of footsteps. Minutes later her grand kid came in her room and told her to ask the man to not sit in his room and watch him sleep anymore. She said if she ever saw that man again she'd move. She never did but still creepy!
Great stories here!

Mostie, it's now, oficially, another time.

Sweetbottoms, that 1st one really got me! Man... then that "quit watching me sleep" part.... ah, man... stop it..!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,756 times
Lol, ok then--- there were actually a couple of things that have happened over my lifetime that were definitely significant for me...but I would like to lay a bit of groundwork before I go into these two--first of all, I'm a Christian- I'm not Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, none of that- I'm non-denom, and I believe in the bible, the Resurrection, everything else that goes with it, I'm just not into the...pageantry, I guess you could say

Ok....so my oldest son (who was around 23 or so at the time) was living with a couple who were closer to my age, and managing a band that my son and a couple of others were in (they were the type who liked to hang out with a younger crowd, lol, but they were both nice people). They had this really fantastic house they were renting in California- positively cool, original leaded windows and built-in hutch...winding staircase, all original woodwork, and a gorgeous natural stone fireplace. They had invited my daughter (who was around 17 at the time) and myself, along with my two youngest (who were around four and five at the time) over for Halloween, because they had two young ones as well, and they were going to do some Halloween treats for the kids. So we went over, and I 'oooh'd and ahhhh'd' over the house. While they were off doing their thing, I walked around and just admired....but I had an uneasy feeling the whole time I was there- the best way I can describe it, is exactly what I was sensing; I could 'feel' something in the house- but it was the strangest thing, because I could feel it not as if it were an individual (like you would 'sense' something standing in a corner, etc.) but more like something huge, over the entire house. It just, literally, permeated things- I could feel that it was intelligent, this was no random energy-type thing, and I felt that whatever it was, it was completely ancient, and very powerful. At the time, I remember feeling that in spite of the really uneasy feeling I had just sensing how powerful it was, I felt that even at that it was not exhibiting how powerful it really was. If any of this makes sense, lol.

The wife of the guy they lived with was into nature religion, spirits, and wicca- I had known this for a long time. And no, I didn't go in with 'expectations', because i had been to their house before (not this particular house, but another place they had lived in)--I walked over to a bookcase and saw assorted books on these subjects-no surprise there, I knew she had them. So a little later, my older daughter and I walked down into the basement where my son and another guy in the band had their room. The friend had a bookcase down there as well, and as I was looking at the titles I almost choked- his were on demonology, satanism, conjuring spirits, etc. - I knew that this guy was heavy into Satanism before I went there, as well- again, I honestly had no expectations of anything because I had been to their house before (even with the friend living with them, the one who was into all of that stuff), and nothing had ever happened like this. I'm one of those people who accept others, try really hard not to judge (although I'm not always successful, lol), and I do like this guy- and always prayed for him, and the wife, as well- heck, I pray for everyone, all the time, lol- ANYway......we finally left, and while we were on the way home, I was talking to my daughter about how I felt almost depressed and very heavy in spirit- and she was feeling the same way (she's not what she would term a 'bible-thumper' like me, lol)--I spent the next couple of days feeling like this, and it was truly disturbing.

So!

Nothing technically 'spooky' happened, but I've always been sensitive to my surroundings- not necessarily sensitive in the 'psychic' sense, although I do pick up on a lot of things- I definitely believe in a spiritual realm apart from our own, I personally don't believe in ghosts, or human spirits, or aliens, anything of that nature- my own personal opinion (please guys, this is just MY opinion, lol- not looking for an argument, here!) is that anything like that is demonic in nature, period- and that the purpose behind it, is deception.

The other situation that happened was when I was around 13 years old- we had gone to New Mexico because my mother's grandmother was dying (104...lonnnnng, good life!)--we stayed at my aunt's, and my mom and I slept in the master bedroom. I was in a half-awake/half-asleep dream sometime in the middle of the night, and the dream itself woke me up- I dreamed that I was out on a stormy ocean, big waves, dark clouds, wind, the whole nine yards- when I woke up (and at this point, I was awake), I could 'feel' something utterly evil in the room. Again, no sense of a 'person' anywhere, just a permeated sense in the entire room. It was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing in there, but I could feel it- and the evil I sensed had me so afraid, that I could hardly breathe- I mean, I was terrified. After a while, it let up, but for quite a while, I just couldn't even move, I was so scared. Again, I never felt like there was a 'someone' in the room, someone that I could see, but just a .....blanket of evil- almost like the other place. It was just everywhere, and yet it was intelligent, I'm sure of it.

Ok, so that's the end of my scary experiences, lol.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:55 PM

In all honesty, I totally understand both of those stories via similar experiances myself.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:43 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,675,837 times
It is not all that scary, but it sure did give me goosbumps when it happened-

When google street view came out, hubs and I did a virtual tour of eachothers homes where we grew up. (25+ years ago)
He was going up and down his street, telling me who lived where and maybe a story to go with. Coming down the other side of the street he came to a house and said 'that house is haunted. Anyone who moved in there was gone within 6 months to a year'. Ok that's cool and interesting...then we clicked the arrow and got a different angle on the house and there in the yard was a 'for sale' sign. The hair on my arms stood straight up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal