Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 03:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
A few years ago I had gone to a local bar to hear a band. I had a few drinks over the course of the night but not so much that it would explain what happened next.

After I left the bar I got into my car and put the keys into the ignition, then suddenly the scene changed. I was a bit groggy but I was sitting uncomfortably in the passenger seat, on top of a bunch of papers and folders that I had stacked on the seat the day before. I had this terrible anxiety attack and I was parked in a neighborhood a mile or so from where I had gotten into the car. The area was lit in an intense orange glow. I quickly got out, ran to the other side of the car, got in and took off for home. If I recall correctly it was about 2 hours later than I expected it to be.

It was really confusing at the time. I look back and wonder if I had too much to drink and drove somewhere to sleep it off but I really don't think that's what happened since I remember being fully alert and cognizant when I left the bar. And I never drink much if I'm going out alone and usually stick around a while and drink lots of water. Furthermore the neighborhood I woke up in was in the opposite direction of the bar from my house. As for the orange glow I'd like to think it was sodium streetlamps but the area of the city I woke up in only has the older mercury-vapor lamps which have the more bluish color. And to top it off I can't really explain the strong anxiety attack. It's something that I never experienced before except as a child when I used to have recurring nightmares.
Interesting. Sounds similar to a UFO abduction experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobagirl View Post
I had an interesting experience several years ago. I was at the cemetary working on one of my family members' graves - polishing the brass marker, weeding, putting out a new bouquet - and I glanced up and saw one of my co-workers and his little elderly mama getting out of his vehicle. They were in the next section over, and I knew they were visiting the grave of his daddy, who had just passed earlier that week. I waved but they didn't see me. I went back to my work, and was going to give them a little privacy to grieve, then I'd go stop and say hi when I was done. Probably 10 or 15 minutes had passed, and I gathered up my supplies and got up to walk to my car. I was surprised and disappointed that my friend and his mother were already gone. I put my things in the car and walked over to the section where I'd seen them, and walked right to his father's fresh grave. I was sad that I'd missed seeing them, but went back to the car and went home.

The following Monday, I mentioned to him that I'd seen him and his momma at the cemetary on Saturday, and the look he gave me was total confusion. He said "we have not been out there since we buried daddy - my momma won't go to the cemetary" and i said "no, I saw you and your momma and your car, and you were holding her arm as you walked to his grave, I saw it! And I went over where I saw you and there was your daddy's grave!" and he said "no, that did not happen, there is no way. We have not been out there since the day of the burial".

But I know for a fact, what I saw. I don't know how. But I walked right to his daddy's grave, and I had not attended the funeral or talked with my friend about where his dad was buried in that cemetary.

I've had other things happen regarding deceased family members, but this family wasn't related to me at all.
This is so interesting to me. I find the concept of "dopplegangers" to be so fascinating. I totally believe that you did see "them" at the cemetary. I wish I could get to the bottom of that. Great story!

Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 AM

24 posts, read 53,709 times
My Parents House has always been very active as long as i can remember, I once was stood in the kitchen talking to my mu, when i was around 13, and a tea towel flew across the room in front of us both, from the work top where it had been, through the air too the door... there was noone else in the room... another time we were upstairs in her room watching tv around 1am... we heard lots of bangs from the kitchen.. like someone opening doors, making a brew... My dad and brother got up, grabbed a bat, and a belt ( lol all they could find dont know what they thought theyd do to the burgaler!! ) As they / we genuinly thought someone had broke in.
But when they were half way down the 1st set of stairs the noises stopped, so they ran in, and no one was there. So its things like this that happened alot growing up.

The past 2 weeks since my daughters come out of hospital, i have been staying there fri-sun as my mam is in hospital and ive been helping my dad.
On Saturday night i felt way more on edge and weary than normal and i was watchinf X-factor and kept thinking i could hear my kids shouting... know this does happen, as im so used to the noise of them, when its quite i do imagine them think it years of noise embedded.
So i kept muting the tv, listening then turning it on again. I got up and made a brew, and heard my dad come in, but went straight upstairs i was worried something had happened at the hospital ... so waited a few min, then thought i'll take him a drink up. But when i got upstairs he was not in, and i noticed nor was the car... But things were all over his bedroom, pictures and letters... all over the bed...I thought i had heard him moving about when i was making his drink... so i went back down stairs.

sat in the living room feeling creeped out, there was all i can describe as a huge crash.... and astrange buzzing noise coming from the hall. the air felt real thick and very cold. I did start to panic,. and walked real slow to the hall. it sounded like it was coming from the front door, so i peeped out the spy hole, My dads dog was hiding at the point at the top of the stairs doing a little half bark.
I seen.. well i dont know how too propperly describe.. but like a huge black shape... like a figure, but dense and thick, the buzzing was strange like a electric whisk noise. As soon as i seen it my body felt really hot, from my feet up, and then it as quick as it appeared dropped towards the floor, i stood there frozen..and feeling like i was on fire. ( i thought that spirits made you feel cold??)
when my dad came back litterally 5 mins later he asked what had happened to the door, as there was like a soot on it, at the letter box, and around the glass???
I have no idea what the heck it was... as it was dif to the normal going on's, and why it was outside... my dad reckons he never touched the pictures or letters... and thought it may of been my brother but it wasn't.
Or what this soot was.. it was like dust, you know like from a fire>> in Large blods, with slight patterns through them, 5 all together, one and the top, 2 in the middle, then 2 at the letterbox.

Never seen/heard of anything like this before and it really freaked me out, and my dad.... any one else had the same or heard of anything like this??

Old 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM

916 posts, read 2,247,034 times
My father and I were visting one of my uncle in Edmonton Canada when I was still in
High School one summer. My uncle's family just bought this beautiful newly build house
not too long ago. We had dinner with my uncle's whole family together and eveything
was pretty normal before we go to sleep. My father and I stay in the same room at my
uncle's house, but since the bed was too small for both of us, I have to use a sleeping
bag and sleep on the floor next to the bed.

I can hear my father snoring while trying to sleep myself, and then all of the sudden I
can't move, I didn't panic at all because I knew this was called sleep paralysis. It happen
to me too many times when I was young for me to be scared, I knew if I just struggle for
a few minutes I would be okay again. But this time I felt there was this dark cloud around
the size of a basketball hovering on top of me, and I felt very cold. I've expereinced sleep
paralysis atleast hundreds of times before that and never felt anything like this. This was
something new to me, but after I struggled for about 40-60 seconds and regain my mobility
again, I was sweating. I never told anyone and just went back to sleep. we stayed at my
uncle's house for 7 days, nothing happen since the first night though. I don't know what
it was, or it was just my dream? But I knew I was not alsleep at the time.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roads scholar View Post
has this ever happened before? ever find any unexplained wounds or scars?
Actually I have weird, deep scars on the back of both my earlobes. In another incident, I was in middle school and woke up one morning to find a perfect square of "needle marks" in the center of my chest. It faded but a couple of weeks later the same pattern in the same size appeared on my right forearm. I showed them to my gym teacher, friends and my parents. The only comment was "huh, weird spider bite."

Now I'm aware of some of the abduction stories and I very much doubt I am involved with that. I'm just reporting on some odd events. There are others but maybe I'll save those for another time.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,430,247 times
I've been going through quite a trying time lately, firstly my guardian angel seems far far away. I'm not feeling her warmth like I had been then today I was lunching with a friend, she is going through a difficult time right now as her father is losing his battle with cancer. While we were sitting all of a sudden I could see a purple light around her which faded to white and then went away. This is the second time within a couple of weeks that I have experienced seeing an aura having next experienced it before I'm finding it perplexing.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyWally View Post
My Parents House has always been very active as long as i can remember, I once was stood in the kitchen talking to my mu, when i was around 13, and a tea towel flew across the room in front of us both, from the work top where it had been, through the air too the door... there was noone else in the room... another time we were upstairs in her room watching tv around 1am... we heard lots of bangs from the kitchen.. like someone opening doors, making a brew... My dad and brother got up, grabbed a bat, and a belt ( lol all they could find dont know what they thought theyd do to the burgaler!! ) As they / we genuinly thought someone had broke in.
But when they were half way down the 1st set of stairs the noises stopped, so they ran in, and no one was there. So its things like this that happened alot growing up.

The past 2 weeks since my daughters come out of hospital, i have been staying there fri-sun as my mam is in hospital and ive been helping my dad.
On Saturday night i felt way more on edge and weary than normal and i was watchinf X-factor and kept thinking i could hear my kids shouting... know this does happen, as im so used to the noise of them, when its quite i do imagine them think it years of noise embedded.
So i kept muting the tv, listening then turning it on again. I got up and made a brew, and heard my dad come in, but went straight upstairs i was worried something had happened at the hospital ... so waited a few min, then thought i'll take him a drink up. But when i got upstairs he was not in, and i noticed nor was the car... But things were all over his bedroom, pictures and letters... all over the bed...I thought i had heard him moving about when i was making his drink... so i went back down stairs.

sat in the living room feeling creeped out, there was all i can describe as a huge crash.... and astrange buzzing noise coming from the hall. the air felt real thick and very cold. I did start to panic,. and walked real slow to the hall. it sounded like it was coming from the front door, so i peeped out the spy hole, My dads dog was hiding at the point at the top of the stairs doing a little half bark.
I seen.. well i dont know how too propperly describe.. but like a huge black shape... like a figure, but dense and thick, the buzzing was strange like a electric whisk noise. As soon as i seen it my body felt really hot, from my feet up, and then it as quick as it appeared dropped towards the floor, i stood there frozen..and feeling like i was on fire. ( i thought that spirits made you feel cold??)
when my dad came back litterally 5 mins later he asked what had happened to the door, as there was like a soot on it, at the letter box, and around the glass???
I have no idea what the heck it was... as it was dif to the normal going on's, and why it was outside... my dad reckons he never touched the pictures or letters... and thought it may of been my brother but it wasn't.
Or what this soot was.. it was like dust, you know like from a fire>> in Large blods, with slight patterns through them, 5 all together, one and the top, 2 in the middle, then 2 at the letterbox.

Never seen/heard of anything like this before and it really freaked me out, and my dad.... any one else had the same or heard of anything like this??
Isn't your story almost exactly the same as the one below?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeing2thefuture View Post
I have to say the most strangest uknown thing that's happened to me was quite a few years ago, in my old flat when i was 18.
One evening i was lay in bed watching tv, I heard someone moving about in the hall. I got up thinking it may be the neighbours cat, who had a tendency to sneak in my flat, then hide out under my bed or sofa... So i thought he must of crept in un known and was trying to get out.
But after checking i realised it was not him.

As i was walking back to my room, a long hallway, with the front door at the far end, i thought i heard tapping on the door, So i crept feeling really on edge at this point to the spy hole to check if maybe it was kids messing or maybe my sister, as she would sometimes turn up late wanting to stay as her and her flatmate had fallen out.

But there was no one there. Then all of a sudden a huge, what i can only describe as a black and grey swirly blob ( i know not great discription) rose up from the floor, shot towards the door then up the stairs
I froze, could not move, But my body felt like it was on fire, From head to toe burning hot.
After what felt like a eternity i managed to turn and run back to bed, and put my light on.

Thankfully i only lived there a few weeks more after that. But that was very scary more as it was not something i had ever heard of with the burning sensation, well since then i have never seen nor felt anything like that. And the house after that was not all that great! Very strange what ever it was...Anyone else heard seen something like that?? as its always played on my mind just what i saw that night?
Isn't your story almost the same as the one above?

Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Do some "random" things happen, that are just part of a universal "coincidence", but maybe those "random" things have a reason? I was worried about someone this week, I randomly left work early today, and absolutely random, run into this person, who has been having a very hard time. We chatted for a minute, and he really needs some help. I have set some things in motion now, to get this person some help. Random? Or?

Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Do some "random" things happen, that are just part of a universal "coincidence", but maybe those "random" things have a reason? I was worried about someone this week, I randomly left work early today, and absolutely random, run into this person, who has been having a very hard time. We chatted for a minute, and he really needs some help. I have set some things in motion now, to get this person some help. Random? Or?
You wonder, don't you? The other day I called a relative with whom I haven't spoken in a while. As it turns out, she is experiencing a lot of work related stress and her daughter is in crisis. She got to dump and vent and I did too. I had a feeling that I was supposed to call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal