Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 02:01 PM

19,247 posts, read 15,122,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
SeaofGrass - you need to read Dr David Jacobs book The Threat about those pesky aliens who are living amongst us. They use abductees to show them (train them in) the 'rules' and 'norms' of society. Thats pretty scary to think anything like that may be going on.

Actually, I think your guy next door sounds like he is just lonely and wants to be friendly. It is just that he is socially awkward. Reminds me of Rick Moranis' character in Ghost Busters.
Yes, I'm sure he is lonely. He'll try to strike up a conversation with anyone, at any time. Like I said, I do chat with him because the "worst" thing he's doing is trying to be friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Definitely a space alien.

Here's how to tell. When you knock on his door, does it take him a while to answer it? If so, it means he's rushing to put on his human "skin". If you were to enter his house unexpectedly, you might see him in his native alien form, which might be so terrifying that you will faint. Don't faint, but run-don't-walk the heck out of there. Otherwise, you may end up in a "specimen box" being shipped up to the mother ship for experimentation.
So THAT'S what that slithering sound was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 02:09 PM

19,247 posts, read 15,122,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Has anyone really looked closely at insects. Boy, they can be creepy, and almost...alien, compared to our preferred fellow species of dogs and cats!

I believe in aliens. But maybe what the thread title should be is "...alien life as we know it", or "sentient alien life", or "intelligent alien life".

Not that insects are not intelligent, but theirs is more a hive mind rather than the brutal individuality that man possesses.
I see what you mean. lol

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/112308584428275559/

Old 07-26-2017, 03:28 PM

4 posts, read 3,004 times
I really do believe in aliens. I want to go to Night Time in the Desert one day. I haven't seen an Alien Space Craft before but I have seen shows on them. MUFON Rules.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:17 PM

2,596 posts, read 2,293,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I can't imagine that there wouldn't be other life out there. But I surely hope so. It scares the crap out of me to think we might be the most intelligent beings in the universe. My hope is there's others out there who are way smarter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
No, you don't. Or at least many leading thinkers on the subject hope there aren't. Being noticed doesn't sound too great.

Any such beings who noticed would wipe us out with godlike indifference in a heartbeat, in all probability. We'd make as much sense to them as ants crawling on a log. One does not, after all, consult the family pet on major family decisions, certainly not matters of life and death in the cosmos.

The recent assessment of the hundred thousand or so "most probable" galaxies that could support life for Kardashev Type III civilizations (heat anomalies) turned up...basically nothing. Odd, no Kardashev Type III civilizations in all these eons...something's not right here.

No Kardashov Type II (objects) have yet been observed in the Milky Way Galaxy. Call me when they are.

Many leading thinkers hope if any intelligent beings exist, they don't come here. They would be able to harm us, obviously. I see it their way and think it is too much of a gamble to acquire their attention, if they exist. OTOH, the leading thinkers that believe they exist believe most of them are benevolent rather than malevolent.

Isn't what we see in other galaxies not going on now but rather from thousand, and even million years ago? It takes that long for light from there to get here. If you look through a telescope and see a galaxy, what you see exactly is what it was a very long time ago. Am I right?

If there no Kardashov II objects in our own galaxy now, it doesn't mean they didn't exist a very long time ago.

There could be things out there we don't have the ability to understand. A chimpanzee cannot understand calculus, but calculus exists.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:25 PM

866 posts, read 626,461 times
Talking He lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
And Elvis, what about Elvis?
Elvis is definitely still alive.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Many leading thinkers hope if any intelligent beings exist, they don't come here. They would be able to harm us, obviously. I see it their way and think it is too much of a gamble to acquire their attention, if they exist. OTOH, the leading thinkers that believe they exist believe most of them are benevolent rather than malevolent.

Isn't what we see in other galaxies not going on now but rather from thousand, and even million years ago? It takes that long for light from there to get here. If you look through a telescope and see a galaxy, what you see exactly is what it was a very long time ago. Am I right?

If there no Kardashov II objects in our own galaxy now, it doesn't mean they didn't exist a very long time ago.

There could be things out there we don't have the ability to understand. A chimpanzee cannot understand calculus, but calculus exists.
I once heard an analogy that I think puts it into perspective...

Ocean and aquatic life know nothing of the world that exists right above the water line, a fish in a lake assumes that body of water IS THE WORLD and it is to that fish for the most part. if they are suddenly plucked out of their world, they could not begin to understand how complex the real world is, and how small their lake really is when looking at the big picture.

I do believe the Govt and NASA are aware of these beings and their visits, but withhold this type of information due to a possible public panic, heck they commissioned a study to determine if they should release this info back in the 1950s, they found it would cause too many problems, to be honest, the same is probably true today as well, the 'truth' may not be what many think it is in regards to aliens, UFOs.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 AM

6,643 posts, read 5,863,384 times
If we do experience some kind of alien invasion, I'm counting on costumed super-heroes to come out of hiding and take them down. Guys in tights with super-powers like heat vision and able to punch through brick walls, that sort of thing. That'll teach'em!

Old 07-28-2017, 07:28 AM

8,587 posts, read 9,078,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I once heard an analogy that I think puts it into perspective...

Ocean and aquatic life know nothing of the world that exists right above the water line, a fish in a lake assumes that body of water IS THE WORLD and it is to that fish for the most part. if they are suddenly plucked out of their world, they could not begin to understand how complex the real world is, and how small their lake really is when looking at the big picture.

I do believe the Govt and NASA are aware of these beings and their visits, but withhold this type of information due to a possible public panic, heck they commissioned a study to determine if they should release this info back in the 1950s, they found it would cause too many problems, to be honest, the same is probably true today as well, the 'truth' may not be what many think it is in regards to aliens, UFOs.
Good post. I truly believe we humans can not at this time see the forest for the trees. The answers are all around us, but we just can not see them. Years ago I came across this graphic and phrase of an alien landing in a field of cows grazing, in which it stated "take me to your leader" in which the cows continued to graze.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:34 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,478,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
<>Ocean and aquatic life know nothing of the world that exists right above the water line, a fish in a lake assumes that body of water IS THE WORLD<>the same is probably true today as well, the 'truth' may not be what many think it is in regards to aliens, UFOs.
"Unidentified Floating Objects?"

Old 07-28-2017, 10:36 AM

8,911 posts, read 11,698,324 times
"cause a panic" seems to be the most popular excuse for lack of proof. Did the 9/11 attack cause a panic? No, it did not. The the 2013 asteroid cause a panic. Not it did not. If anything news of alien existence would cause excitement and joy. I know I won't panic. I have no reason to.

Throw in some vague Chinese fortune cookies philosophy to further divert from lack of proof and voila aliens really exist but we don't need to show you any proof.

Last edited by davidt1; 07-28-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal