Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 08:42 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The area this is in, the houses are few and far between, its mostly corn fields and hay fields (which are barren right now), and areas of forest, Im not going to park anywhere close to anyones house.
I understand that. What you seem to be missing is farm people notice EVERY vehicle that goes by and know EXACTLY what type of vehicles normally drive by. If a strange vehicle goes buy they will pay extra attention to it because it is NOT normal.

Also farmers will pull a gun faster than most and they ALL have one. In town you can call 911 and cops will be there in a few minutes. Out in the country 911 does about as much good as yelling help out the window. If anything bad is going to happen it will be over way before the local Sheriff shows up an hour later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 09:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I understand that. What you seem to be missing is farm people notice EVERY vehicle that goes by and know EXACTLY what type of vehicles normally drive by. If a strange vehicle goes buy they will pay extra attention to it because it is NOT normal.

Also farmers will pull a gun faster than most and they ALL have one. In town you can call 911 and cops will be there in a few minutes. Out in the country 911 does about as much good as yelling help out the window. If anything bad is going to happen it will be over way before the local Sheriff shows up an hour later.
Ive been looking at the area on Google street view, there is a few Dollar generals and Family Dollars along this road...one Dollar general in particular sits right beside a densely wooded area, and there is not much else around, its all corn fields and hay fields, and its only about 3/4 of mile away from this guys street.

Im thinking this DG parking lot is the perfect spot to sit.

If any police stop and ask what Im doing, I will be honest about it.

Old 01-08-2020, 09:44 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Ive been looking at the area on Google street view, there is a few Dollar generals and Family Dollars along this road...one Dollar general in particular sits right beside a densely wooded area, and there is not much else around, its all corn fields and hay fields, and its only about 3/4 of mile away from this guys street.

No guts no glory. Go in the daytime and keep your appointment with a buddy. Being cautious is just part of it. This guy if legitimate has to worry who you are. Were you to pull into a family situation then you will be alright.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Have you done an online check on this guy? Spotted any mug shots, perhaps? Do you have any acquaintances in common? Have you called the radio announcer who interviewed him?

Does he live with his family (of origin or of marriage, etc.) or live alone or with friends? Have you done a Google map search of his house? How does he earn his living? How old is he, and is he reasonably physically fit? Is he emotionally/mentally stable?

Have you checked with the local police to see if they can offer any info. or suggestions without invading this guy's privacy?

My guess is that "dogman" is a black bear, and the howling is coyotes or somebody's hound. Think horses, not zebras. Has anyone set up a game camera where they think this critter hangs out?

Old 01-08-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Have you done an online check on this guy? Spotted any mug shots, perhaps? Do you have any acquaintances in common? Have you called the radio announcer who interviewed him?

Does he live with his family (of origin or of marriage, etc.) or live alone or with friends? Have you done a Google map search of his house? How does he earn his living? How old is he, and is he reasonably physically fit? Is he emotionally/mentally stable?

Have you checked with the local police to see if they can offer any info. or suggestions without invading this guy's privacy?

My guess is that "dogman" is a black bear, and the howling is coyotes or somebody's hound. Think horses, not zebras. Has anyone set up a game camera where they think this critter hangs out?
I have not done any checking on him, I do know its him and his wife that live here, he is in his mid to late 60s, works as some kind of engineer for the electric company, I also know he has a conceal/carry license, other than that, he sounds like a normal guy in his 60s, no different than any other guy Ive talked to.

I am familiar with the area he lives in, as I work in this area, Its southern OH, eastern side of Cincinnati, its farms, and rural areas, dense forested areas, houses are on large plots.

A bear would be extremely rare for Cincinnati, especially the size he is claiming...I have my doubts about his claims, but I will see what happens, I should be going up saturday night to his place, Im going friday night to the Dollar General nearby, to sit and listen in the area.

*I should also mention, there have been numerous other sightings and encounters in this general area, other than this guy, they all pretty much describe the same exact thing...(humanoid, can walk on 4 and 2 legs, has the body of a very muscular man, and head like a German shepherd/or wolf, pointy ears on top of head with tufts of hair on the end that stick up, very long arms, hands like a Raccoon, shorter legs, slender waist, hump on upper back, like a Hyena).

Old 01-09-2020, 02:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:

Were you to use this lot; I would position my vehicle facing the trash dumpster. You need to cover all the windows except for little peepy holes. Use those aluminum-look windshield covers.. You need to keep your windows down otherwise the windows will fog up. When you run the engine with windows down and heater equal no fog but give away your position and destroy hearing. Wear warm clothes, Don't smoke, don't talk. Sit still and don't be shaking the vehicle. Don't get out and walk around to stretch etc and no taking a leak outside. Turn off your cell phone until you get a least a sighting. The light when texting will give you away.
Food: eat all you want just no noise. Fried chicken of strawberries and strawberry pop. Good odors.

Cops? Definitely, someone will call in a suspicious car report or officer friendly will drive by. Yes, be honest. I would ask the store mgr permission in advance you will only sit in your vehicle and you will not get out and walk around nor leave any trash and say where you would like to park. and then call the police station( after 3 pm) and tell you will be parking in that lot from till until time in the AM . When a cop runs you and your car through he should be writing a report and the need to get out and go shake the doors. Solve this by calling in first. A game ear would be good.

Also; when you talk to the cops in person if possible ask them if they know of any sightings etc.

Nothing wrong with asking the cops about this guy.

Last edited by Versatile; 01-09-2020 at 03:06 PM..

Old 01-09-2020, 06:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Oh man I am so jealous! Why is your friend being such a weenie? I would so do this.

Heck I would go to this guys house alone & I'm a girl (I know I know). This guy has just as much to worry about as you do ... more maybe. You know where he lives! Of course; you know he's armed & he knows you are not, lol.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Were you to use this lot; I would position my vehicle facing the trash dumpster. You need to cover all the windows except for little peepy holes. Use those aluminum-look windshield covers.. You need to keep your windows down otherwise the windows will fog up. When you run the engine with windows down and heater equal no fog but give away your position and destroy hearing. Wear warm clothes, Don't smoke, don't talk. Sit still and don't be shaking the vehicle. Don't get out and walk around to stretch etc and no taking a leak outside. Turn off your cell phone until you get a least a sighting. The light when texting will give you away.
Food: eat all you want just no noise. Fried chicken of strawberries and strawberry pop. Good odors.

Cops? Definitely, someone will call in a suspicious car report or officer friendly will drive by. Yes, be honest. I would ask the store mgr permission in advance you will only sit in your vehicle and you will not get out and walk around nor leave any trash and say where you would like to park. and then call the police station( after 3 pm) and tell you will be parking in that lot from till until time in the AM . When a cop runs you and your car through he should be writing a report and the need to get out and go shake the doors. Solve this by calling in first. A game ear would be good.

Also; when you talk to the cops in person if possible ask them if they know of any sightings etc.

Nothing wrong with asking the cops about this guy.
Im guessing the reason for facing the stores dumpster is because these things may go thru the garbage at night...that is a good idea! I also didnt give much thought to scent (my scent to be exact), although Im not sure that has much impact, every encounter Ive read about, no one is really going out of their way to be stealthy, and they still have these things approach them.

Regarding the police, yes, I hope one does stop and ask me why Im sitting there, according to many of the encounters in this area, the witnesses claim the police, and wildlife officials are very much aware of these things being here, there was even an article in the local paper, telling people NOT to try and find the source of 'strange howling' many residents were reporting. I will definitely ask the cop his opinion on this and ask if he has ever seen or heard something strange.

I do have some bad news though...I will not be going this friday or saturday, I had a bad day at work today and Im going to be super busy and probably have to work both days this weekend, I dont want to go up friday and rush thru it, because I have to get up early for work the next day.

Im now thinking I will do this monday or tuesday this upcoming week.I was really looking forward to going up tomorrow, because its actually a full moon on friday!!! (not that I think that has anything to do with this though) LOL.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:29 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Im guessing the reason for facing the stores dumpster is because these things may go thru the garbage at night...that is a good idea! I also didnt give much thought to scent (my scent to be exact), although Im not sure that has much impact, every encounter Ive read about, no one is really going out of their way to be stealthy, and they still have these things approach them.

Regarding the police, yes, I hope one does stop and ask me why Im sitting there, according to many of the encounters in this area, the witnesses claim the police, and wildlife officials are very much aware of these things being here, there was even an article in the local paper, telling people NOT to try and find the source of 'strange howling' many residents were reporting. I will definitely ask the cop his opinion on this and ask if he has ever seen or heard something strange.

I do have some bad news though...I will not be going this friday or saturday, I had a bad day at work today and Im going to be super busy and probably have to work both days this weekend, I dont want to go up friday and rush thru it, because I have to get up early for work the next day.

Im now thinking I will do this monday or tuesday this upcoming week.I was really looking forward to going up tomorrow, because its actually a full moon on friday!!! (not that I think that has anything to do with this though) LOL.
Do you have a scan or pic of the newspaper article?

Old 01-10-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Do you have a scan or pic of the newspaper article?
Yes, I will have to go back and look for it again. I really need to get better about bookmarking or saving things like this when I come across them!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal